Thread: Former Power Ranger actor convicted of triple murder

Default Former Power Ranger actor convicted of triple murder

Skylar Deleon, a former child actor who had a non-speaking role on TV's Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, was convicted in an Orange County, Calif., courtroom Monday of three counts of first-degree murder, including the deaths of a couple he tied to an anchor and threw off their yacht.

Deleon, 29, was convicted of killing Prescott, Ariz., couple Tom Hawks, 57, and his wife Jackie, 47, who were last seen on Nov. 15, 2004, after departing on a test run to sell their 55-ft. yacht, the "Well Deserved."

He is also charged with slitting the throat of and scamming $50,000 from John Jarvi, 45, of Anaheim, Calif., whose body was left near a roadway in Ensenada, Mexico, on Dec. 27, 2003.

Ryan Hawks, Tom Hawks's son, called the verdict a "warm up" for the penalty phase, which is scheduled to begin Wednesday, the Associated Press reports. "It felt like a little tiny piece of the puzzle was put in justice," said Hawks.

Deleon's attorney, Gary Pohlson, conceded at the start of the trial, "Skylar is guilty of all three murders, [but] at the end of this, I'm going to ask you to give him life without the possibility of parole as the appropriate sentence."

'Horrible, Horrible Life'

Explaining the call for leniency, Pohlson told reporters Monday, "He's had a horrible, horrible life" and that Deleon's father abused the boy and later died of AIDS. Pohlson also argued in court that his client was not the mastermind of the killings.

In the murder of the Hawkses, prosecutors said Deleon pretended to be interested in purchasing the vessel, took a test cruise on which he and two other men overpowered the couple, forced them to sign over the boat's ownership and then disposed of the couple in the Pacific.

The Hawkses' bodies were never recovered.

Former Power Ranger Actor Convicted of Triple Murder - Crime & Courts, : People.com

It doesn't matter if he had a horrible life, it doesn't excuse him to murder anyone. I hope he fucking rots.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    It doesn't matter if he had a horrible life, it doesn't excuse him to murder anyone. I hope he fucking rots.
    I agree with you. It's no excuse for what he did. I hate it when they use that line. A hell of a lot of people who have had an awful life manage not to commit murder!

So you had a bad life, boo-freakin'-hoo. Sometimes life deals you a crappy hand. You can either rise above it or use it as a crutch for everything.
    Ppl that blame everything on their crap childhood & refuse to take personal responsibility for their own actions make me sick.

If it was such a shitty life, you won't mind losing it...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Yeah but does he still have a penis??
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Yeah, and he didn't just "dispose" of their bodies, he tied the couple to an anchor and threw them in ALIVE. While they were begging for their lives.

I hope this POS gets worse than the death penalty...not sure what that is.

Bastard! Hope he rots in jail and enjoys his many days of repeated rape.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Yeah, and he didn't just "dispose" of their bodies, he tied the couple to an anchor and threw them in ALIVE. While they were begging for their lives.

I hope this POS gets worse than the death penalty...not sure what that is.

You know, I'm all in favor of killing people like they killed someone. Such as THIS CASE - let him drowned alive. I mean, not only is he a murder, but a flat out coward.

Although, in the case of rapist and molesters, I cant wish the same - they might like it too much. Instead, I propose we stick them naked in a metal cell in the middle of the desert with only 10 drops of water a day. They'd bake all day, and freeze all night...

... ok, I have thought far too much about this...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

BOD. This piece of garbage would be Better Off Dead.

Dude. WTF? Power Ranger lost his mind.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Exactly. "Horrible life" or not, it does not give you the right to inflict such horror on innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    Although, in the case of rapist and molesters, I cant wish the same - they might like it too much. Instead, I propose we stick them naked in a metal cell in the middle of the desert with only 10 drops of water a day. They'd bake all day, and freeze all night...
    Oooh, that's what should happen to that cunt Josef Fritzl, too! Some people are such scum.

Thread Information