Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madonna continues being emotionally retarded: tells friends to choose

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Madonna continues being emotionally retarded: tells friends to choose

As any divorcee knows, when you part company with your other half, half the friends you shared usually go with them.

And that is just what Madonna and Guy Ritchie are finding out in their split which is also creating an unexpected divide in the showbusiness world.

Feeling betrayed by her husband's impromptu decision to throw the towel in in the middle of her U.S. tour, Madonna has apparently been instructing those who have befriended them over the past ten years that they cannot continue to be friends with them both.
    Madonna

Poles apart: Madonna and Guy face a bitter divorce after their seven and a half year marriage failed

A source told the Mail: 'Madonna does not want to be telling one of her good friends in confidence about some part of the divorce strategy only to discover that the information has found its way back to Guy.

'The next few months will be a time where Guy and Madonna will only talk through lawyers. It will be a time of intense posturing and strategy play between their legal teams as each side negotiates to get what they want from the break-up.

'The last thing Madonna wants is to be telling a friend about the current state of, for example, the custody battle over the children, and then to find that information has immediately got back to Guy.'

All of which will make for an uncomfortable situation for many of the couple's friends.

There are, of course, groups of friends who have only ever been Guy's associates: Marco Pierre White, Vinnie Jones, Matthew Vaughan and Jason Statham.

By the same token, there will be those who have only ever been friends with Madonna: Stella McCartney, Gwyneth Paltrow, Donatella Versace, Elton John, Roberto Cavalli and William Orbit.

But finding themselves balancing rather precariously on the fence in the rather unenviable position of not wanting to side with either are the likes of Sting, Trudie Styler, and Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher.

Styler and her husband for example were both great friends of Guy Ritchie's and a great friends of Madonna's from years ago and indeed orchestrated their first ever meeting at their home in Wiltshire.

Borat star Baron Cohen and his girlfriend Miss Fisher were great friends with Ritchie and subsequently became just as close to Madonna, leaving them in also in a very difficult spot.

If their friends do take such sides, it will divide the showbusiness world.

Among those on Team Guy will Marco Pierre-White, Vinnie Jones, Brad Pitt, Matthew Vaughan and wife Claudia Schiffer, club owner Piers Adam, Tracey Emin, Damien Hirst, Jason Statham, Thandie Newton and Rupert Everett.

Team Madonna is rather more populous and stellar, including Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, Stella McCartney, Paul McCartney, Rosie O'Donnell, Oprah Winfrey, Roberto Cavalli, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher, Britney Spears, Donatella Versace, Jean Paul Gaultier, Dolce and Gabbana, Rabbi Berg, Elton John and David Furnish, Anna Wintour, Annie Leibovitz and Mario Testino.Make your choice: Madonna tells mutual friends to decide between her and Guy | Mail Online
    What is she, 15?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh well, Guy has it in the bag. Brad PITT is his Holy Savior.

I'd rather have his list of friends than hers. Gwyneth AND Stella? I bet that's a fun evening out.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

You'd have to pay to use her gym

Elite Member

She's a powerful and very wealthy woman - I wouldn't want her as an enemy - that said, I'd choose Guy anyway and hope she hadn't noticed, lol.

<<<
    Why is she making this so petty? Silly bitch, she's stage managed her life so carefully till now, and suddenly in the last couple of years she seems to have lost all sense of decorum.

Its actually funny - but the fallout to this is going to make her more nuts. The more she tries to control it the worse she comes out of it and probably would create the exact opposite of what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Its actually funny - but the fallout to this is going to make her more nuts. The more she tries to control it the worse she comes out of it and probably would create the exact opposite of what she wants.

The Tom Cruise scenario - But you can't expect a control freak to know that. That would require something like insight. She'll just rely on her iron will to dig herself out of that hole. In times of trouble you stick with what you know, no matter how useless or counter productive it might be. That seems to be ten times more true for celebrities. In fact you could sit Madonna down and explain that to her and she wouldn't get it - she tends to focus on what she wants, not on what is. Unwilling to compromise with reality she certainly doesn't for mere mortals - so her personal relationships are a mess, except for her peons and minions. She expects nothing more than obedience from them, and they know their place in her scheme of things - so it works out.

Mean while Madge has some real problems. When she went of to England, she made some disparaging remarks about NYC. Basically she said that the scene didn't have the creativity and energy it used to. Some NYC mag writers responded by saying that the same could be said of her. She thought that she could get away with this since of course this time was forever. Now she's come crawling back. Will the club scene and media base that supported her in the past forgive her now??
    Last edited by AgentOrange; October 17th, 2008 at 04:21 AM.

A*O

Anyone who takes sides in a divorce is a fucking idiot. It doesn't matter who's "right" and who's "wrong" - if you pick a team you will end up being dropped by both of them. Nobody knows the whole truth about what happens in a divorce and it takes two.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Team Guy here.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wait-I thought Madonna was Rupert Everett's hag?

Generally I don't think there is a right and wrong--barring abuse or similar--so I'm with A*O on this. Get the divorce and be civil.

--Sinclair Lewis

I agree but - IRL - how often does that happen? My ex kept everything he could, inc my "friends".... I got a new job, new house, new car, new career, a completely new life afterwards. Guess who's happier? (Clue:- he's on his 4th wife now & is only 40)

I see Madonna as someone who does the "if you're not with me, you're against me" polorisation.... and WHY is Elton John listed there after what he said about her lip-synching?

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    (Clue:- he's on his 4th wife now & is only 40)
    Jeebus ... were we with the same guy? He sounds like my ex.

LOL! Could be! Does that mean we can join the 2nd/3rd/4th wives club? Lets make it international this time, eh?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information