Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan O’Neal’s son is sentenced to rehab over meth bust

Default Ryan O’Neal’s son is sentenced to rehab over meth bust

Redmond O’Neal, son of Ryan O’Neal and Farrah Fawcett, has been sentenced to a court-ordered two-week rehab program as the result of a drug bust at the home he shares with his father in Los Angeles. Given the long history of drug abuse in this famous family, is two weeks really going to be enough?
    What Redmond O’Neal called a “major misunderstanding” is starting to make a little more sense.
    The 23-year-old son of Ryan O’Neal and Farrah Fawcett, who was arrested along with his dad last month on suspicion of methamphetamine possession, was ordered into a two-week treatment program Wednesday after admitting that he had relapsed.
    “You’re a stand-up guy to come here and deal with your problem,” Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Scott Millington told Redmond, who also checked into rehab in 2004 to treat a heroin addiction. “I want you to stay clean…You better stay clean or the hammer is going to fall.”
    An attorney for the O’Neals didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
    No criminal charges have been filed against either Redmond or his dad in connection with their Sept. 17 bust at the elder O’Neal’s Malibu home during a routine probation checkup. Officers allegedly found Redmond to be in possession of what looked like meth, as well as a small vial of the stuff in his father’s bedroom.
    At the time of their arrest, Redmond was about two months into a three-year probation sentence for DUI and possessing heroin and crystal meth.
    Ryan O’Neal has maintained his innocence in the affair, his lawyer telling reporters that his client would no doubt be vindicated.
    “Those were not Ryan’s drugs, he doesn’t use drugs, and has nothing to do with them,” attorney Mark Werksman said. “It’s a dangerous assumption for deputies to have arrested Ryan just because he was in proximity to the drugs.”
    [From E!Online]
    It certainly would not be unreasonable to assume that Ryan O’Neal was in possession of drugs. The guy is a notorious substance abuser and has passed it on to his children, including adult daughter Tatum O’Neal, who ended up losing custody of her children over her heroin habit. I’d say the best chance young Redmond has of staying clean is to move out of his father’s home and stay in a place where the people around him won’t be enabling him. Two weeks in rehab is a joke.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Ryan O’Neal’s son is sentenced to rehab over meth bust
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

2 weeks should surely cure such a hard addiction to overcome.

Two weeks? THAT'LL show 'em. Lord. *shakes head*

such harsh treatment, I'm sure he's just being made an example of.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

“You’re a stand-up guy to come here and deal with your problem,” Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Scott Millington told Redmond
    Showing up in court is optional?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

He should go on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. I'd watch that train wreck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Showing up in court is optional?
    Yeah...good point. They are not really helping him one bit by being this lenient. At best just prolonging his agony until he can actually get better, at worst giving him more time to kill himself. He is probably a lost cause by now though anyway-but nice message to send. Rich kids with famous fathers get special treatment..or in this case very little 'treatment'. Fuck the judicial pile of shit who brought this about.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

2 WEEKS? What a JOKE.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

The whole fucking family needs to go to rehab, LONG TERM REHAB.

“You’re a stand-up guy to come here and deal with your problem,” Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Scott Millington told Redmond, who also checked into rehab in 2004 to treat a heroin addiction. “I want you to stay clean…You better stay clean or the hammer is going to fall.”

oooo,what a "hard" judge

Is it my imagination, or does he look like Prince Harry??

WTF? Two weeks won't even begin to touch this addiction. We watched a documentary on meth and the doctor said it was the hardest thing to "recover" from. I can't remember the time frame, but it was waaayyyy longer than 2 weeks...I want to say he even talked about years....

Kinda OT, but hubby and I have talked about how some people get addicted and some don't. I have done meth on occasion, and although I liked the high, it wasn't something that I felt I had to do. If it was around and offered I would do it. I never sought it out. My former BF became addicted very easily and very quickly. As far as I know, she has been clean for a few years now, but I can remember just mentioning it to her, something like so and so is on it or anything remotely tied to meth, and she would ask me to stop talking about it because it made her want it. I don't doubt an addiction to it, but how fucking bad is a drug that you can't even say it's name without wanting it?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Is it my imagination, or does he look like Prince Harry??
    I thought that, too, when I saw a story on him in People a few weeks ago...LOL

Gold Member

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Daddy, Mommy...pay attention to me--PwwwwwEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Puhleese, this guy is a 23-y.o. infant whose parents are so self-absorbed it's no wonder he still needs a teet to slurp upon.

That kid need to live on a deserted island for a year with just the basic necessities.

It amazes me how two attractive people produced such a heinously ugly human.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information