Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirk Cameron is still an idiot

Default Kirk Cameron is still an idiot

In Kirk Cameron’s new movie, “Fireproof,” he has to kiss the actress playing his wife. That was a problem.

Cameron will not kiss any woman who is not his wife.

“I have a commitment not to kiss any other woman,” the former child star of “Growing Pains” told Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford Monday on TODAY in New York.

To get around the conflict, the filmmakers employed a bit of movie magic, Cameron explained. They dressed his wife, actress Chelsea Noble, like the movie’s female lead and shot the scene in silhouette.

“So when I’m kissing my wife, we’re actually husband and wife honoring marriage behind the scenes,” Cameron said as Gifford and Kotb melted from the romanticism of the moment.

Finding faith
    An atheist growing up, Cameron became an evangelical Christian at the age of 17 while he was playing Mike Seaver on the popular sitcom “Growing Pains.” Noble was a co-star and his girlfriend on the show.

They fell in love in real life and married in 1991, when Cameron was 20 and Noble was 26. Today the couple have six children ranging in age from 5 to 12, including four who were adopted.

Cameron began acting at the age of 9 and became a star on “Growing Pains” at the age of 14. Once he converted to Christianity, he sometimes clashed with his fellow cast members and the show’s producers over what he felt were immoral story lines.

Today, he told first Meredith Vieira and then Gifford and Kotb, he chooses projects and movies that he believes in. His newest movie is an example. “Fireproof,” he said, “is an action-packed love story. It’s about a firefighter. He’s on the brink of a divorce.”

Cameron feels the movie exemplifies his beliefs. “The reason this movie was important to me personally is because I love my wife dearly,” he said. “We’ve been married for 17 years … and we have six children. So marriage is a very special and sacred thing to us. In a day and age where marriage is falling apart, we want to make movies and projects that really uphold and have a high view of that which is beautiful and wonderful in our culture.”

Learning to love
    Cameron’s character, Caleb Holt, is saved by his father, who gives him a book titled “Love Dare” that presents a challenge a day for 40 days designed to teach him how to love.

“He’s a kind of a jerk,” Cameron says of his character. “He’s a hero in his community … but his marriage is going up in flames.”

The love dare, he explained, “challenges him to do one thing every day that really exemplifies the true nature of love. Patience, kindness, gentleness.”

What began as a plot device in the movie has been turned into a real book. Cameron told Kotb and Gifford that there have been 500,000 pre-orders for the book, which has yet to be released.

“The ‘Love Dare’ book is really a kind of a plot device that turned into a treasure for husbands and wives,” he said. “What it does is it teaches you the essence of love. Don’t tell my wife, but I’m reading the book myself, and it’s really great.”

Cameron has an evangelical ministry called “The Way of the Master” with evangelist Ray Comfort, along with a camp for terminally ill children, Camp Firefly. He has starred in three movies adopted from the “Left Behind” books, a series of apocalyptic novels that is popular with fundamentalist Christians.

While many of his fellow child stars have gone through addictions and personal crises, Cameron has stayed on the straight and narrow.

“I realize now how challenging it was back then,” he told Vieira. “But when you’re growing up in a fishbowl, and that’s all you know, that’s normal to you. But when you look at a lot of child stars, you see the difficulty that it presented them. I’m thankful for my family, for good friends, and a strong faith in God that helped me navigate through a lot of that stuff.”

Vieira asked the actor if he’d allow his kids to go into show business.

“I don’t think that growing up in the entertainment industry is the healthiest place for kids,” Cameron replied. “The track record kind of shows that.”

Still, he added, “My kids all love being silly and goofy.” And his 10-year-old daughter, Anna, is especially talented.

“Anna is destined to be a singer or an actress,” he said with pride. “She’s got it.”

ohnotheydidnt: Kirk Cameron: "I'll Only Kiss My Wife"

Hey Kirk,here's an idea,don't be an actor then.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hey Kirk, got a newsflash for ya...morals don't belong in Hollywood!!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Oh for fuck's sake.
    And with that..no more movies for you- pain in the ass.
    Last edited by HelpMeRhonda; September 24th, 2008 at 09:54 AM.

So what? He takes his faith seriously. Why is it such a big deal? Even Jim Cavesal (sp), a strict Catholic), refused to be part of a nude scene where he would see another woman's breasts, saying the only breasts he wants to see are those of his wife.

The only issue I have is if he thinks plot lines are immoral, than don't work on the film.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

I don't think he's an idiot. I think he's consistent with his beliefs. Nothing wrong with that, whether a person agrees with his faith/beliefs or not.

I call him an idiot because he is.Has nothing to do with his faith.

If his faith interferes with him "acting" then him and his wife should just make every movie together.
    A crew having to through a cloak and dagger process for a kissing scene is absurd.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    I call him an idiot because he is.Has nothing to do with his faith.

If his faith interferes with him "acting" then him and his wife should just make every movie together.
    A crew having to through a cloak and dagger process for a kissing scene is absurd.

There are tons of cloak & dagger scenes in Hollywood. Though an inconvenience, its pretty common.

Kirk and wife have made movies together: The Left Behind movies.

SVZ

they were terrible

It'd be okay if he didn't have to brag about it. Obnoxious.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

At least he's consistant which is a lot more than I can say about 90% of Hollywood. Don't get me wrong, I love the dirt but it's refreshing to hear the good too.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I don't think he's an idiot. I think he's consistent with his beliefs. Nothing wrong with that, whether a person agrees with his faith/beliefs or not.
    My feelings exactly. That said, I think actors should look at scripts and decide if it is material they are comfortable with and if not, move on. Any actor or famous athlete you meet will tell you that 'my family comes first'....it's the thing to say, just rhetoric for most people. When it comes down to the nitty gritty of it and you have to chose between your marriage and your job, most all of them chose the job with the money, fame, and fringe benefits over the person they have legally sworn themselves to. At least he practices what he preaches and that deserves respect.

I would feel the same way about sex scenes if I was an actor or married to one, and not because of religious convictions. You can pretend to murder someone on screen and that's all it is. But swapping spit and naked bodies rubbing together isn't pretend...it's really happening and I don't care what the reason is. If I wouldn't be okay with my husband kissing some other woman's tits why would it be okay if he was doing it 'for work' and why would I expect him to be okay with me doing that? That business just would not be for me on so many levels.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the trailer for this movie the other day and thought it looked stupid.

But I admire Cameron for not becoming another out of control ex-child star and for being consistent with his beliefs, although he's misguided. Kissing another woman in a movie role is not cheating on your wife. That's why it's called 'acting.' If he's not willing to do that then he needs to get into another line of work.

On the one hand, I do respect him for staying true to his convictions. On the other, I think he's chosen to stay in a line of work that makes it all but impossible to adhere to them.

I know I couldn't be married to an actor and watch my spouse kiss, caress, and simulate coitus with other people - regardless of whether it's make believe or not.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I saw the trailer for this movie the other day and thought it looked stupid.

But I admire Cameron for not becoming another out of control ex-child star and for being consistent with his beliefs, although he's misguided. Kissing another woman in a movie role is not cheating on your wife. That's why it's called 'acting.' If he's not willing to do that then he needs to get into another line of work.
    Why is he misguided if that's how he interprets and lives his faith?

I think he's gone ridiculously too far in his beliefs, but I guess they are his not mine

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information