Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin admits having 'suicidal thoughts' after leaked voicemail rant

Default Alec Baldwin admits having 'suicidal thoughts' after leaked voicemail rant

Alec Baldwin admitted he considered suicide after his infamous voicemail rant to his daughter was made public.
    The 30 Rock actor, 50, was humiliated when a voicemail he had left for his then-11-year-old daughter Ireland, in which he called her a 'rude, thoughtless, little pig', was leaked onto the internet.
    Baldwin left the message when Ireland did not answer her phone during a court-appointed pre-arranged phonecall.

In an extract from his book A Promise To Ourselves, Baldwin writes: 'Driving up the Taconic Parkway, heading to an inn in the Berkshire Mountains, I began to think about what little town I would repair to in order to commit suicide.

Revealing: Alec Baldwin attacks America's divorce and family laws after his own split from Kim Basinger in his book A Promise To Ourselves

'What semi-remote Massachusetts state park could I hike deep into and overdose there?
    'When I returned to New York, the thought of jumping out the window of my apartment was with me every night for weeks.'
    Despite his despair, Baldwin says his love for his daughter stopped him doing anything.
    He writes: 'I love my daughter with all my heart.'
    Describing his angry message, Baldwin said: 'She was off for spring break with her mother and her phone was turned off for 10 consecutive days ... This had gone on for years now and ... when the beep came, I snapped.'

Frustration: Alec and his ex-wife Kim Basinger spent years fighting over custody of their daughter Ireland

The actor and his ex-wife Kim Basinger had been battling for custody of their daughter since their 2002 divorce after nine years of marriage.
    During their marriage the couple lived in New York, but after their split Basinger took Ireland to live in Los Angeles, while Baldwin continued to remain in the Big Apple.
    Baldwin went to court claiming the L.A. Confidential actress had breached their custody arrangement, by blocking his visitation rights.
    After the tape was made public, Baldwin publicly apologised to his daughter, explaining his inappropriate message was due to being 'driven to the edge' by his custody battle with Basinger.
    He wrote on his web site: 'I have a normal relationship with my daughter.
    'I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child. "I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now. You have to go through this to understand. (Although I hope you never do.) I am sorry for what happened.'

Alec Baldwin admits having 'suicidal thoughts' after leaked voicemail rant at the daughter he called a 'rude pig' | Mail Online

His suit looks a little tight...........yeh yeh, you're sorry, of course you are, you have been through hell..........but you should never take your frustration out on a kid. Wrong wrong wrong.
    Jack I swear.

If someone leaked a rant of mine, I'd be having 'homicidal thoughts'.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

he is a very weak man
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I have a soft spot for him.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    he is a very weak man
    Why? Because he lost his temper? Because his ex-wife is a miserable cunt who's been raking him over the coals regarding his daughter for years?

Parents do occasionally become angry and sometimes they say things they shouldn't. I know I have. I believe him when he says he feels bad about it and he's sorry.

^^Yea, I agree aabbcc. I think he was just pushed to the limit and lost it. Happens to the BEST of parents.

Damn he was hot back in the day wasn't he???

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Why? Because he lost his temper? Because his ex-wife is a miserable cunt who's been raking him over the coals regarding his daughter for years?

Parents do occasionally become angry and sometimes they say things they shouldn't. I know I have. I believe him when he says he feels bad about it and he's sorry.
    No, he's weak because he considered suicide over something so minor as a leaked voicemail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    No, he's weak because he considered suicide over something so minor as a leaked voicemail.
    I understood it to be the whole situation, which has gone on for a very long time, not just the voicemail incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I have a soft spot for him.
    I do too. I read the profile in the New Yorker, and he is extremely intelligent, unbelievably gifted, and he has his problems. Though he is fiery-tempered, he is loyal and good-hearted. I think he suffers from profound depression.

He considered suicide NOT simply because of a leaked voicemail, but what it represented. His brother Billy came across very well in the article, stating that his heart broke both for Alec and for his niece. Alec considered suicide because of his separation from his daughter, what he had been reduced to, and he does not for one second excuse what he did. He felt he lost everything and failed at the most important thing--his relationship with his daughter. Though there are two sides to every story, and I'm certain Basinger had more than her share to deal with, she is as unstable as she is, and she did go out of her way to alienate Alec from their daughter. He was angry with himself, and it was his relationship with his brother that kept him afloat.

I'd still hit it.haha
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Damn he was hot back in the day wasn't he???
    He just needs to work on the bloat and puffiness.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Yeah, suicide would really solve it all, and it would really help the relationship with his daughter.
    Anyway, glad he was smart enough not to do it.

I hate that he is talking about this in detail so publically because it will have an affect on his daughter. It might have been wiser to simply say it was a very dark time for him. Suicide is never the answer.

I love Alec and still keep waiting for him and Kim to get back together. Guess I saw the Marrying Man too many times. LOL

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Kim Bassinger made a TV show about her panic disorder before she and Alec were divorced. He said he didn't understand her and he thought she was faking it. He put her down in front of her Dad.

Hes a control freak with a bad temper. His own brothers stated he has anger problems.

We don't know what went on behind closed doors but if he talked to her like that how does anyone know he wasn't abusive to his daughter as he was to Kim?

They both used Ireland, it's sad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information