Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Minnie Driver gives birth to Henry Story Driver

Default Minnie Driver gives birth to Henry Story Driver

Minnie Driver isn't shy about introducing this little guy to the world.
    The Oscar- and Emmy-nominated British actress welcomed her first child, son Henry Story Driver, Friday in Los Angeles, according to her rep.
    Publicist Jessica Kolstad tells People that the baby weighed 9 pounds, 12 ounces.
    Meanwhile, the identity of Henry's father remains a closely kept secret.
    "He's going to be a dad, so, yeah, he's going to be there for the kid," she told People in June.
    "I'm not getting married to this person, and I don't know what's going to happen, but everyone is cool about the situation."
    Driver, 38, who has Matt Damon, John Cusack and Josh Brolin on her roster of past romances, revealed in March during a Tonight Show appearance that she was expecting—after Jay Leno commented on her curviness.
    "Yes, I am," she replied to the "Are you?" question, adding that she was enjoying being pregnant "more than anything else."

Minnie Driver Becomes a Mum - E! Online

Story? Didn't Jenna Elfman name her kid that too. Yuck.

I wonder why she didn't give him his father's name too. Unless Story is his last name? Or maybe she had a sperm donor and is lying to save face?

That's a big boy. Glad he is healthy!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I wonder why she didn't give him his father's name too.
    Maybe it's because she's the one who had the baby, not him? I've always thought it was idiotic for a child to have its father's surname when its the mother that does all the work. Good on Minnie for giving the kid her name!

ok so minnie driver has popped but has Gwen Stefani???
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    ok so minnie driver has popped but has Gwen Stefani???
    Yeah, didn't she and Gavin name the poor boy Zuma or something? After that beach that Gavin finds so sentimentally important for some bizarre reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Mist View Post
    Maybe it's because she's the one who had the baby, not him? I've always thought it was idiotic for a child to have its father's surname when its the mother that does all the work. Good on Minnie for giving the kid her name!
    Well, it's not the mother who does all the work. All the literal pregnancy/labour work, sure, but a (good) father does plenty of work, too.

Henry. Hmm. Normal, but a bit boring. Still, even boring is better than Pilot Inspektor or something...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    Well, it's not the mother who does all the work. All the literal pregnancy/labour work, sure, but a (good) father does plenty of work, too.
    And so they should! But the woman carries the child and gives birth to it, the man just "helps" to concieve it, and then hopefully supports her while she goes through the pains of pregnancy and childbirth. If the child should be given the surname of one of its parents, it should be the mother!

And so they should! But the woman carries the child and gives birth to it, the man just "helps" to concieve it, and then hopefully supports her while she goes through the pains of pregnancy and childbirth. If the child should be given the surname of one of its parents, it should be the mother!
    I reckon, when the parents are married/de facto, it's better to give the kid the father's surname just for the sake of simplicity... and because you're creating your own new family so it makes sense in my mind to all have the same name. But when the parents aren't together I guess it's more logical for the kid to have the mother's surname, or a hyphenated surname.

I know a family that gives the girls their mother's name and the boys their father's name... *shudder* Sometimes people just over-complicate things too much!

I like Henry. Story sounds a little foolish, but eh, unless you bring it to the fore, no one really pays much attention to your middle name anyway.

Congrats, Minnie!
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Absolutely agree. My child has my last name. I carried him for EVER (10 months), I am the one who went through the labor and delivery, been there for every cold and earache and bake the cupcakes for the parties, drive him to baseball practice .. his dad participates but in the end, that's MINE!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Absolutely agree. My child has my last name. I carried him for EVER (10 months), I am the one who went through the labor and delivery, been there for every cold and earache and bake the cupcakes for the parties, drive him to baseball practice .. his dad participates but in the end, that's MINE!
    Wait - 10 months?! How does that happen?! I think my uterus just shuddered in horror...

Pregnancies are 40 weeks. Mine was about 43.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Wow, I'd never really done the mental math before and thought about it like that... yikes.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    You go, girl! You show that man of yours the way it's gonna be! Did he have any real issues with your decision, or was a nice, sensible man who went along with it?

And my God, 43 weeks? I admire you! That must have been difficult as hell! Were you and bub okay?

Because, seriously, unless my future husband or partner has the most awesome surname ever, any kid we have is so having my name!

No, my son's dad didn't really have a problem with it. He was totally on board - at the time. Now, when he takes our son to the doctor and they call him "Mr. Mel's Last Name", he gets annoyed and I get the feeling he'd like to change it. However, my son prefers my name. He's closer to my family and spends more time with them, relates to them. Plus, my name is better, his dad's may as well be "smith"....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information