Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin mouths off.... again

Default Alec Baldwin mouths off.... again

Scapegoating makes ratings loser 30 Rock look desperado, Alec!
    Blowhard Alec Baldwin whined in a recent interview that NBC hasn't done much to promote his show as opposed to My Name Is Earl, which he thinks sucks.
    Says the belligerent daddy:
    "NBC hasn't done a thing to help this show ('30 Rock'). They've gone out of their way to wring the last drops out of 'My Name Is Earl' and 'Scrubs.' Those shows are done! They're cooked! Yet they do a one-hour episode of 'Earl.'"
    No surprise, Baldwin's pout infuriated My Name Is Earl creator Greg Garcia.
    Garcia issued a scathing statement in response:
    "(Baldwin) sounds like a psychotic narcissist. Instead of blaming NBC, I think Alec should consider that some people in America may not want to watch a man who cusses out his own 11-year-old daughter on a phone message. Oh, and the reason NBC occasionally puts on an hour long episode of 'Earl' is because an hour of 'Earl' gets better ratings than an 'Earl' followed by a '30 Rock.' It's called math, stupid."
    Ouchie!
    At least 30 Rock has gimicky guest stars to help the cause this season, Alec.
    It gets better!
    Alec Baldwin sort of apologized to the Earl cast but then throws a low blow:
    My apologies to the cast and crews of My Name Is Earl and Scrubs. In my frustration with NBC's reprehensible promotion of 30 Rock, I took an unfortunate swipe at both of those shows and that was not cool.
    But, for Earl's creator, Greg Garcia, who referred to me as a "psychotic", I have only one question. Why are you Scientologists always rendering these medical opinions you aren't qualified to give?
    This is getting good!
    What's next?!

Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton Blog Archive Alec Baldwin's Big Mouth Causes Troubs Again

Alec does need to learn when to STFU, but that last swipe at Scientologists was awesome.

ETA: He's a hypocrite, though.

I like Alec's comemback. He was a whiny bitch, but 'psychotic narcissist''? Alec doesn't even come close. Alec also has a point regarding advertising, I hardly see any promotion for 30 Rock [maybe it sucks?] but see a sh-tload for my Name Is Earl [which I think sucks].
    ssabmud

30 rock is fucking awesome. i hate it when networks can't recognise a good thing and promote crappy shows instead. and the worst part is that people are stupid sheep and watch what they're told to. that's how great shows get canceled and crap goes on for years and years.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't find appeal in MNiE. Mom and her bf act like it's the best show that ever happened... if I wanted to watch white trash, I'd plant cameras into half of my friends houses and watch them, all day.

I think Alec could have worded it better, but he's right. NBC could do a better job of promoting 30 Rock like they do with The Office. It's a funny show.

KD
    Elite Member

I do like MNIE, and Alec is known for his temper, but I LOVE the dig at the CO$. Course they will all gun for him and he will mysteriously disappear.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Alec Baldwin is the bomb on screen ... off it he seems like a prick, but I still love watchng him.

NSFW (maybe)

^Glengarry Glen Ross speech

Elite Member

Love Alec - keep on tellin' like it is Alec!

Gold Member

Ok. Alec is right but so is Greg. My Name is Earl gets the BETTER promotion, because it has the best ratings out of Scrubs, 30 Rock, The Office. So networks will go out their way to promote the shows that are ALREADY hitting, while letting other shows struggle without promotion. Just the way it goes. Stupid? Yes. But every network does it.

Now MNIE dosen't appeal to me but it dosen't seem like a bad show. Scrubs has been a LOSER in ratings for over 4 years and NBC does go out of the way to help it. While 30 Rock which is by far the best comedy on TV struggles all the time with a little promo here and there. The only time it gets any ad space is when a GUEST star comes on. So I guess Tina Fey is doing her best to get all the ones that are willing, like Jennifer Aniston and Britney Spears, well she got 24 episodes to get done, so she better start writing arcs for these people to help her cause. Shit, this might be a good time to get Tom Cruise, Ben Affleck, JLO and a few others.

Alec is right. I also like him. He's crazy, but he's crazy-talented. I think he might be a sort of genius---his level of intellect is staggeringly high, and I think he needs help managing how to process things correctly.

He's right about 30 Rock though. I really do like MNIE, but 30 Rock is the absolute best comedy on television right now, and it's being treated the way Arrested Development was. And we all know what happened to Arrested Development, right?

Gold Member

30 Rock is awesome, and My Name Is Earl, while it certainly has its good moments, is nowhere near as good as 30 Rock. I do like Scrubs, though. Although one must ask, why does NBC go out of its way to boost the Scrubs ratings, when it is near the end of its run (sadly) and not 30 Rock, which is at the start of its run, and could be a real long-term hit for the network? That, Mr. Garcia, would be good math, stupid!

And Alec? Your terrific and funny comeback has made my opinion of you go back up (a bit, at least) again!

Earl and Scrubs do suck..when I see them on tv I think ..is that shit still on?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I think Alec could have worded it better, but he's right. NBC could do a better job of promoting 30 Rock like they do with The Office. It's a funny show.
    I never see the show promoted.

Alec does need to learn when to STFU, but that last swipe at Scientologists was awesome

agreed

They've done NOTHING to promote 30 Rock, and Greg Garcia should have just kept his trap shut. So should Alec, but Greg isn't helping, and he's making himself look like a douche.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Mist View Post
    30 Rock is awesome, and My Name Is Earl, while it certainly has its good moments, is nowhere near as good as 30 Rock. I do like Scrubs, though. Although one must ask, why does NBC go out of its way to boost the Scrubs ratings, when it is near the end of its run (sadly) and not 30 Rock, which is at the start of its run, and could be a real long-term hit for the network? That, Mr. Garcia, would be good math, stupid!

And Alec? Your terrific and funny comeback has made my opinion of you go back up (a bit, at least) again!
    I agree. Earl was really good the first two seasons but I haven't watched it since then becuase it really went to shit in the third season, if you ask me. Scrubs is just beat to death. It is over, thank God, and the people who are going to watch it will watch it regardless of promotion. 30 Rock is an awesomely funny show and Alec and Tina and the rest of the cast are awesome in it. The mind boggles trying to figure out what NBC is thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information