Thread: Gordon Ramsay: 'Food at Buckingham Palace is prehistoric shit'

Default Gordon Ramsay: 'Food at Buckingham Palace is prehistoric shit'

His foul-mouthed outbursts have so far been restricted to bumbling waiters and hapless chefs.

But now it seems no one is safe from Gordon Ramsay's exacting standards.

The fiery television chef has directed his latest four-letter tirade at the Queen, accusing her serving 'prehistoric' food at Buckingham Palace that tasted like 's***'.

Not impressed: Gordon Ramsay told American TV host Jay Leno he was left with a bad taste in his mouth after visiting Buckingham Palace
    Ramsay, 41, was made an Order of the British Empire for services to the hospitality industry in 2006 and insisted on having his investiture in Scotland.

But he said that a subsequent visit to Buckingham Palace left him less than impressed by Royal culinary efforts.

In customary fashion, Ramsay has now delivered a broadside worthy of his television series Kitchen Nightmares.

'Lovely': Ramsay says he enjoyed meeting the Queen, but not the culinary feast on offer

His abusive comments came on primetime U.S. television during an interview with chat show host Jay Leno on Thursday's Tonight show.

'You don't actually get to know who's cooking for the Queen - but I'd never employ him because the food was s***,' Ramsay told the audience. 'I'd never give him a job.'

'The food was s*** but she was lovely. Unfortunately you've got to go through the ceremony with the canapés which are just absolutely, shockingly s***.

'They looked prehistoric, like 300 years old, at Buckingham Palace.'

Ramsay then had the chat show audience in stitches as he told them how he struggled to swallow the Palace's duck liver pate. 'It was dotted with cranberries - not very nice,' he said.

'I was trying to get rid of it as I was approaching her because this thing was taking forever to chew. You couldn't spit it out on the carpet, for God's sake.'

The news is bound to anger the Palace's head chef Mark Flanagan, who is known to be as volatile as Ramsay himself.

He was appointed to the £50,000-a-year job in 2002. On one occasion he lost his temper during a banquet for Russia's then-president Vladimir Putin, and shook a kitchen porter so violently when he failed a basic task that the man needed medical attention.

He is also said to have grabbed a 21-year-old footman by the throat and pinned him against a wall after the servant ignored his commands.

Nine Buckingham Palace cooks have quit over rows with Mr Flanagan, with one describing him as 'Gordon Ramsay without Gordon's sublime talent'.

Enlarge
    Royal delights: A sample of the kind of food (and music) on offer at Buckingham Palace
    A Palace spokesman said: ' Gordon was invited to a reception at Buckingham Palace. I would direct you to the comments he made immediately afterwards in which he said he enjoyed the food there.'

Earlier this week Ramsay came under attack himself, from Sir Paul McCartney.

The singer, who has not eaten meat for 30 years, told Sainsbury's magazine Ramsay was 'stupid' for his comments against vegetarians.

The chef had claimed his 'biggest nightmare' would be to discover one of his kids were vegetarian.

Foul-mouthed Ramsay Ramsay: 'Food at Buckingham Palace is prehistoric s***' | Mail Online

I trust his judgment. Maybe the Queen needs to conduct some interviews for a new Chef. If Gordon says it was shit--it was SHIT!

Hell, I wouldn't care if he said broiled elephant cock in an alligator piss sauce was divine--I'd eat it and smile lovingly at him while doing so.

Gordon Ramsay is my MAN. (Well, right next to Robert Downey, Jr., but he's neck-and-neck!)
    Look, sweetheart, I can drink you under any goddamn table you want, so don't worry about me.-"Martha", Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

The food can't be as prehistoric as the queen herself.

He didn't do himself any favors saying that, I'm sure that was his last Royal visit

Hit By Ban Bus!

so well then, is being Knighted out of the question?

Seriously STFU Gordon.

Gawd, he's only 41???? Lol!
    I like his shows, but I hope the screaming
    is just his tv persona.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

You can make good food on a shoe string budget.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Gawd, he's only 41???? Lol!
    I like his shows, but I hope the screaming
    is just his tv persona.
    Yes.

BTW he's right about the menu, my Oma was an embassy chef and had copied of menus slightly more adverturous than that - and that was in war time!

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    He didn't do himself any favors saying that, I'm sure that was his last Royal visit
    I doubt that he gives a shit.

I love Gordon Ramsey. He cracks me up!

If done properly, the sea bass with mushrooms sounds good, but I wouldn't eat the duck or much else on that menu, maybe a few snow peas.

One of my favourite photos of Gordon's friend...

Smile

^^^My gawd, is she wearing her gloves?
    She is really up in there!

I find it interesting that the sauvigion, pinot noir and muscat they serve are all Australian/New Zealand wines.
    vaya con dios

Thread Information