Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Phil Collins divorce settlement a record breaker

Default Phil Collins divorce settlement a record breaker

The third time was certainly not the charm for Phil Collins, who's facing yet another pricey divorce.

After six years of marriage and two children, the musician's former wife, Swiss-born Orianne Cevey, 35, has received a $46.76 million cash payout from Collins, 57, reports Britain's Daily Mirror.

The record settlement Britain's biggest ever in a celebrity divorce tops by some $2 million what Paul McCartney gave Heather Mills earlier this year.

Collins is no stranger to expensive breakups. Second wife Jill Tavelman received $34 million after he ended their relationship by fax in 1994.

In all, according to a Daily Telegraph tally, Collins's divorces have cost him $84 million nearly a third of his estimated $280 fortune.

Collins and Cevey met on tour in 1994 while she was working as a translator. Their children are Nicolas, 8, and Matthew, 4.

Collins also has three other children: Lily, from his marriage with Tavelman, and Simon and Joelyi, from his first marriage to Canadian-born Andrea Bertorelli. That union ended in 1979.

Phil Collins Divorce Settlement a Record Breaker - Nasty Breakups and Divorces, Phil Collins : People.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Dude needs to STOP getting married already. Geez.
    Angeli and mopar like this.

Second wife Jill Tavelman received $34 million after he ended their relationship by fax in 1994.
    How fucking classy.

Elite Member

I think if Phil ever takes the plunge again he should think about a prenup.

Woah.

But, then again, I've heard he's a dick, so good for these women!

Gold Member

The guy's clearly not good/ had bad luck at relationships:
    He has two children with his first wife actress Andrea Bertorelli, Joely, 33 and Simon, 28. That relationship ended when she ran off with their decorator.
    Collins was a guest on a segment of This American Life about break-ups and talked about how he didn't want his first marriage to end. Maybe that one screwed him up and he's been shittier at relationships since then. The divorce was a big payout, but at least there's no mention of it being nasty like the McCartneys'.

Hot damn.

Hmmm....Phil Collins is single. I could use some cash.....wonder where he is?

Gold Member

I remember the 2nd divorce and the FAX incident. I quit listening to him after that. I thought what a shithead.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Hmmm....Phil Collins is single. I could use some cash.....wonder where he is?
    i was actually wondering that the other day - no, not because i want to marry him
    he used to live in the village right next to geneva where i lived with my parents. this was when he was first with orianne and before they had kids. then he moved to another village right across the lake, to a bigger house, and i was there the other night for a concert and i was wondering if he still lives there or if the ex-wife kept the house.
    i don't know what he's like as a husband but he's a very nice guy in person. i've told this story before but he was the most unassuming celeb i've ever met. he lived in a normal village house, a very pretty one but no bigger or more ostentatious than any of the others, had no live-in maids or cooks or anything, no driver even, and he and his wife went about their business like any other couple, you'd run into them buying food at the local store, eating at one of the restaurants by the lake, playing tennis at the same courts my brothers and dad used.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gold Member

An article said that Orianne got the house but Phil bought one nearby to be close to the kids.

It's funny how Heather Mills fought like a rabid badger for more of Paul's money and this lady is getting MUCH more from Phil without making an ass of herself!
    Angeli likes this.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

LOL divorced by fax???? What's that, the prehistoric version of divorce by txt msg or by email?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy2cats View Post
    I remember the 2nd divorce and the FAX incident. I quit listening to him after that. I thought what a shithead.
    ditto

Gold Member

WTF? How much money do these beeeyotches need?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrybaby View Post
    An article said that Orianne got the house but Phil bought one nearby to be close to the kids.
    Heard that too. She's staying in Switzerland for sure since she's Swiss and the children go to school here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information