Thread: With movie career thankfully over Sylvester Stallone to pimp vodka in Russia

Default With movie career thankfully over Sylvester Stallone to pimp vodka in Russia

Stallone explores Soviet roots with vodka deal
    Reuters/Nielsen
    Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone, mighty destroyer of Soviet opponents in the "Rambo" and "Rocky" movies, now plans to advertise Russian vodka.
    Russian vodka producer Synergy said on Friday it had signed a one-year contract with Stallone, who will appear in television and newspaper advertisements for the vodka brand Russian Ice, starting September 1.
    Sources valued the deal at $1 million.
    Stallone -- whose film character John Rambo killed Soviet troops by the dozen in Afghanistan and whose Rocky Balboa humiliated Soviet boxer Ivan Drago -- will advertise the product under the slogan: "There is a bit of Russian in all of us."
    "The advertising campaign concept was based on the fact that the actor has Russian roots," Synergy said in a statement, referring to Stallone's great-grandmother, Rosa Rabinovich, from the Ukrainian town of Odessa.
    The Rambo and Rocky movies were banned in the Soviet Union, but were hot property in the country's underground VHS market.
    A host of big-ticket international stars have already come to Russia, many hired by cash-rich companies and billionaire oligarchs for private shows.
    Reuters/Nielsen

Does he get to drink all the vodka he wants for free?

^^I wonder if he gets all the HGH he wants.

Hit By Ban Bus!

fugly pimps vodka to a country with the highest rate of alcoholism, after pimping human growth hormones to his buds in this country.

How is his career over? I like Sly!

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^He's still trying to be Rambo. Rambo can't be a old geezer, he has to step down and let some other actor trying to learn how to act take his place.. it's the cirlce of life Simba.

He was under rated in my book, I loved his cop movies. He wasn't good in comedies though. To me Robert DeNiro is good in comedys.

I think if he wants to stay with acting he needs to take the mature serious parts.. and what he's good at which is writing.

I am ticked about his trying to make HGH's a OK thing for everyone to take to fight against aging - hello Sly look in the mirror it's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    How is his career over? I like Sly!
    Other than trying to bring back senior citizen Rambo, when was the last time Sly had a hit movie?

He's done. If he was any kind of actor, he would still get some acting gigs.

There was a blind item a few years back about an aging action hero whose abuse of growth hormone caused one of his legs to be longer than the other. I always though it was about him.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

He's been doing overseas ads for years. Most of the big action stars do it. I never could stand him but he's still popular on the international circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    "The advertising campaign concept was based on the fact that the actor has Russian roots," Synergy said in a statement, referring to Stallone's great-grandmother, Rosa Rabinovich, from the Ukrainian town of Odessa.
    Oooh... I know enough Ukrainians to know that they wouldn't like that statement one bit! Nice work, Russian spokesdouche.

I loved Sly in the first Rocky movie, I really did. After he began spewing out all the sequels, though, I lost interest and never saw Rocky II or any of the others. I remember MAD magazine spoofing him on one of its covers, with Rocky XVIII and showing Stallone as a rickety old codger trying to be tough, which actually turned out to be halfway true as he did try to resurrect his Rambo character, didn't he?

I never saw Rambo or any of his other films.

He can keep his vodka, never touch the stuff.

Thread Information