Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keira Knightley hates bitter jellus fatties

Wink Keira Knightley hates bitter jellus fatties

Keira Knightley's 'The Duchess' co-star Dominic Cooper tried to teach her dance routines from 'Mamma Mia!'.

(BANG) -

Keira Knightley's co-star tried to teach her dance routines from 'Mamma Mia!'.

The slender actress - who plays Georgiana Cavendish, the Duchess of Devonshire, in new period drama 'The Duchess' - admits she couldn't get the hang of the intricate moves.

She said: "Dominic is great. He tried to teach me some of the dance routines from 'Mamma Mia!', at which I completely failed!"

Keira also revealed she has more male friends because she finds it hard to deal with female relationships.

She added to Britain's Glamour magazine: "I don't think I am very good at figuring out female friendships. I think they are quite tricky to navigate. I have a lot of friends who are guys and I find that manipulation and jealousy don't come into it as much, whereas those things can happen easily between women."

(C) BANG Media International

Keira Knightley's musical moves : Bang : CelebEdge : Sympatico / MSN
    bitchtwig!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I agree with her to some degree. Some younger women tend to fall into jealousy and manipulation as a means to gain friendship, lovers, status, etc. Not that women in their 30s are better. I still see some crazy bitches at my age. But, I think with age comes confidence in self, and all that high schoolish crap ends.

For the record, my guy friendships have always been easier too.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Me too. I've always preferred male friends. My best friends have always been guys and I usually enjoy male company more, especially when it's a group of guys vs a group of girls; it's not necessarily because there's less bitchiness or because it's easier though. I mean, just wait until your guy friend gets a paranoid girlfriend who can't deal with him having a female friend who he (gasp!) hangs out with when she's not around to supervise... oy, the drama!

I guess some people just have the sort of personality or whatever that finds friendships with the opposite sex generally more rewarding and interesting than friendships with the same sex.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Coming up on 40, I now find it much easier and more comfortable with my female friends. I need them now, much moreso than in my 20's when a few of my women friends could more accurately be described as "frenemies". I/we were more competitive and insecure back then. Not to mention, one of them made a run for my husband so I had trust issues for a while.

Women always prefer male friends. Though, those males undoubtedly have different opinions of said friendships. FRIEND ZONE, arghhh.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Kimmi00 View Post
    Women always prefer male friends. Though, those males undoubtedly have different opinions of said friendships. FRIEND ZONE, arghhh.
    Oh yes!

I think the comment about maturing and having self confidence and leaving behind that highschool behavior is so true. When I was in highschool, I couldn't possibly imagine my life without all the current friends I had. Each day one girl in our group would lose popularity and you would hope it wasn't you. Between learning at school, time was consumed with bitching phonecalls and note passing.

Now I look back and think; WTF ? Why did I waste so much time being like that.
    ssabmud

I like female and male friendships. There are plenty of women out there who aren't catty, manipulative or jealous. The key is finding the right people to hang out with. After high school people usually (hopefully) start to grow up and get out of those catty phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Coming up on 40, I now find it much easier and more comfortable with my female friends. I need them now, much moreso than in my 20's when a few of my women friends could more accurately be described as "frenemies". I/we were more competitive and insecure back then. Not to mention, one of them made a run for my husband so I had trust issues for a while.
    I do admit, I miss having a BFF. After my exBff and I went our separate ways, I still find myself missing that connection, a connection I think that only two women can share. Sisterhood... all of it. I treasure all my friends. But that sisterhood is something to be cherished.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

See this is why I never could buy into Sex and the City - 4 female friends but where was the cattiness, the bitchiness, the backstabbing and man stealing?? Why didn't Sam make a play to get Big in bead? Why wasn't Cynthia Nixon's character, as the least stylish of the group, treated patronizingly, and with condescension (eg. "Where's you get that outfit?", "At the Comfort Zone.", "Oh you can't tell.", "Why can't we just get along?"). Where were the gossip sessions where 3 of the girls would hook up to tear down the missing forth behind her back? I just couldn't believe what I was watching. It was like Friends with a shot of hormones.

I think that it's bang on though to say that alot of this behaviour arises out of insecurity. Sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making some one else look/feel bad. ~ The Simpsons.

Now if I might indulge in a little cattniess myself, maybe what Kiera really objects to is women with breasts! Meow.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by 00Kimmi00 View Post
    Women always prefer male friends.
    Not me. I've always had male friends but I wouldn't say I ever preferred them to my female friends. Friendship have their ups and downs, especially as people mature and go from teens to adulthood, but aside from the guys I've been with, my closest relationships have always been other girls.

As for Kiera,
    "I don't think I am very good at figuring out female friendships. I think they are quite tricky to navigate. I have a lot of friends who are guys and I find that manipulation and jealousy don't come into it as much, whereas those things can happen easily between women.
    Maybe she's seeing "manipulation" or "jealousy" that isn't there. Maybe she's just not a good friend. Etc. There are lots of alternative explanations other than "women can't be friends because they're catty bitches". It's a stereotype that may be true for her and some but it's not widely true. A friend of mine (who I've been friends with for ages) is a grad student in social psych, and I remember her staying that most close female friendships last a long time.

I like my gay friends; male, yet it's like being with a woman. Best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I like my gay friends; male, yet it's like being with a woman. Best of both worlds.
    ITA!! My gay guy friends are the BEST!!! In my 20's I noticed a lot of cattiness in my girlfriends. In my 30's I really don't see it as much.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I like my female friends.

Keira has a pear shaped body no matter how thin she gets on top she still has big legs.

I like her in interviews but I don't like her acting.

I have pretty much no female friends.
    And sometimes I think I confuse my male friends, they cant work out if I'm a girl or a guy.
    Guys are much easier to get along with...girls piss me off, particularly the ones my age (20), who like to play games and hurt each other. Really gets boring after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    See this is why I never could buy into Sex and the City - 4 female friends but where was the cattiness, the bitchiness, the backstabbing and man stealing?? Why didn't Sam make a play to get Big in bead? Why wasn't Cynthia Nixon's character, as the least stylish of the group, treated patronizingly, and with condescension (eg. "Where's you get that outfit?", "At the Comfort Zone.", "Oh you can't tell.", "Why can't we just get along?"). Where were the gossip sessions where 3 of the girls would hook up to tear down the missing forth behind her back? I just couldn't believe what I was watching. It was like Friends with a shot of hormones.

I think that it's bang on though to say that alot of this behaviour arises out of insecurity. Sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making some one else look/feel bad. ~ The Simpsons.

Now if I might indulge in a little cattniess myself, maybe what Kiera really objects to is women with breasts! Meow.
    Damn. Those kind of "friends" suck. They need to be dropped.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information