Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Lopez and Mark Anthony can't find a nanny willing to work for $9K a month

Silver Member LovintheAfternoon's Avatar

Default Jennifer Lopez and Mark Anthony can't find a nanny willing to work for $9K a month

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony’s fraternal twins, Max and Emme, are about four and half months old. As of at least the end of May they haven’t had a nanny and have been cared for by Anthony, Lopez, and J.Lo’s mom, Guadalupe. But Anthony and Lopez went through two nannies for the twins, both of whom quit due to poor working conditions. That means that J.Lo had two nannies quit on her in less than three months. She’s also been unable to find a replacement because no one wants to work for her despite the pay, which amounts to six figures a year:
    Jennifer Lopez and hubby Marc Anthony are willing to shell out a whopping $2,250 a week for live-in help for their twins - but their nannies keep walking off the job!
    “Probably more like running off the job,” a source close to the couple told The Enquirer.
    “Normally people who make huge sums of money and have loads of professional and social obligations hire a nanny for each child, especially for newborns.
    “But it is as if Jennifer expects one nanny not only to take care of both twins, but to work 16-hour days, seven days a week!”…
    According to the source, the first nanny lasted a month.
    “They hired a second nanny, who was wonderful with the twins, but she couldn’t take working such long hours without a break,” added the source.
    “After that nanny resigned, the couple began desperately seeking nanny No. 3.”
    [From The National Enquirer, print edition, July 21, 2008]
    Anthony told Billy Bush on his radio show in late May that just he and Lopez were caring for the twins, but he failed to acknowledge his mother in law’s help. She was said to be living with them at the time.
    9k a month is a great deal of money. You could be pulling down six figures working as a nanny. You would essentially have no personal life, though, and would be living in a gilded, garishly decorated cage, tending to two cute little babies but subject to their mother’s every whim. Those babies would probably have their clothes changed as often as their diapers, modeling designer outfits and tiny cashmere sweaters around the house while perfecting their haughty stares.
    If the nannies were so overworked that they never got a break, how involved are Lopez and Anthony in their twins’ lives? They must be doing something for them if they don’t have help now, and I doubt they’re passing it all off to Lopez’s mom.
    Lopez and Anthony were in Europe earlier in the month. They brought the babies with them and were seen boarding a private plane with Max and Emme while leaving Spain for Italy. There must have been some help with them because they were photographed strolling the streets of Milan without their twins, going on a boat ride with Dolce and Gabbana, and shopping in Barcelona. There’s got to be someone willing to put up with them and watch their babies most all day every day for that kind of cash.

Source: Celebitchy

When I saw the title I thought, er I'll do it for 9k a month. 16 hour days? Maybe not. That could be a load of bull anyway.

For 9k a month, I'll do it. I already have seventeen years childcare experience looking after my own two 24/7 ... no holidays, no pay.

This would be a treat.

You know, bitch could try looking after her spawn HERSELF for a change. Save that 9 K a month.

She's already got one of the mother's helping, holy fuck woman. You got knocked up, take care of them!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

No one wants to be a CO$ slave.

$100k plus might not get you as far in California as it would where I live, but I'd damn sure give it some thought.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by LovintheAfternoon View Post
    “But it is as if Jennifer expects one nanny not only to take care of both twins, but to work 16-hour days, seven days a week!”…
    According to the source, the first nanny lasted a month.
    “They hired a second nanny, who was wonderful with the twins, but she couldn’t take working such long hours without a break,” added the source.
    “After that nanny resigned, the couple began desperately seeking nanny No. 3.”
    Jeez - don't you guys have labour laws or anything?
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Bronze Member

Oh, please. I used to nanny and took care of two kids 7 days a week for far, far less than that. You know when you take the job that it's not gonna be a 9-5 job and you're not gonna have much of a life outside of the kids. That's the way it is. What are you gonna do, leave the kids alone while you take an hour for lunch? Everyone who makes that kind of money works their ass off and is stressed - who expects 9 K a month for a nice, cushy job where you sit on the internet all day? I'm working in a hotel now where I make around $1600/month for working all hours - every weekend, late nights, overnights, running around attending to peoples' needs. 9K to look after 2 babies........ where do I send my resume?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by stargal View Post
    Oh, please. I used to nanny and took care of two kids 7 days a week for far, far less than that. You know when you take the job that it's not gonna be a 9-5 job and you're not gonna have much of a life outside of the kids. That's the way it is. What are you gonna do, leave the kids alone while you take an hour for lunch? Everyone who makes that kind of money works their ass off and is stressed - who expects 9 K a month for a nice, cushy job where you sit on the internet all day? I'm working in a hotel now where I make around $1600/month for working all hours - every weekend, late nights, overnights, running around attending to peoples' needs. 9K to look after 2 babies........ where do I send my resume?
    Amen, girl. I have done the same thing, I too would send my resume.

Quote Originally Posted by stargal View Post
    Working 16 hours a day means that you're too tired to work without making a mistake - and for someone that is supposedly as rich as JLo and Marc Anthony, you'd have thought that their children's safety would be their first priority. Hire two nannies, rotate them, let them have breaks and time off.
    Its not rocket science, it's good management.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

If those babies are awake for sixteen hours at a time, they must be little terrors. Can you say overtired?

Bronze Member

There must have been some help with them because they were photographed strolling the streets of Milan without their twins, going on a boat ride with Dolce and Gabbana, and shopping in Barcelona
    They shouldn't short stop when it comes to a nanny, and from their behavior they need as many as they can get. Both are acting like new parents that are apparently not in awe of their children and more concered about themselves. Except for that one photo-op with the twins, all week different pictures have surfaced of them shopping, dining out, relaxing on boat trips, and strolling in Spain and Italy on all day outings, ALL without their twins. I don't believe for one min. that JLO and Marc are sacrificing anything to take care of those children themselves.

They need to get a couple of around the clock nannies and work out a good schedule with them since they can't be bothered. They are both self-centered assholes. I feel sorry for those children.

Last edited by Calimaster; July 12th, 2008 at 11:57 AM.

If the bitch wanted children so much, why doesn't she take care of them herself? Other mothers with twins do it all, but I guess JHo is too good for childcare and all it entails. Besides, who the hell would want to work for her and her Diva, I-am-better-than-everyone-else attitude. Gawd, I hate that woman!!

Elite Member

Pay them more - work them less, I say. I want whoever is looking after my babies to be a happy, grateful employee.

Bronze Member

Both are acting like new parents that are apparently not in awe of their children and more concered about themselves. Except for that one photo-op with the twins, all week different pictures have surfaced of them shopping, dining out, relaxing on boat trips, and strolling in Spain and Italy on all day outings, ALL without their twins. I don't believe for one min. that JLO and Marc are sacrificing anything to take care of those children themselves.

I don't even like them but it's unfair to assume that. Photographs depict a few moments, even seconds of someone's life, you can't assume anything based on a few pictures. How do you know they went on 'all day outings'? It looked to me like they went out for an hour or two every day for some shopping or dinner, that leaves another 21-22 hours with the twins. They did go out one night in Madrid, presumably the kids were asleep with someone minding them. They WERE on vacation. They've been seen out and about very little in the last 4 months in the U.S, only the odd event here and there. Maybe I'm giving them way too much credit, but they aren't going out getting hammered every night from what I can see (like Christina A)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information