Thread: Sting's fury as Pete Doherty gets close to teenage daughter

Default Sting's fury as Pete Doherty gets close to teenage daughter

Sting is hardly walking on the moon after learning that his teenage daughter Coco shared a tent with Pete Doherty at Glastonbury.

The Police frontman reportedly went through the roof when it emerged 17-year-old Coco was within spitting distance of the celebrated junkie.

A fellow Glastonbury festival-goer spotted the Babyshambles singer, 29, lying down in Coco's tent at the music festival.

Loitering within tent: Pete Doherty spent time having a rest in Coco Sumner's tent after his performance at Glastonbury

Pete and Coco Sumner's friendship is blossoming after they met at a Soho jazz bar in London, and Pete has been helping her develop her songwriting and guitar skills.

But the news that they were together at Glastonbury, where Pete played a solo set, seems to have been a step too far for Sting.

Don't stand so close: Sting is reportedly unhappy at his daughter's friendship with Pete

The onlooker said: 'I was standing next to Coco's tent after Pete had played his set, and one of her friends went to check on her.

'She unzipped the door, and Pete was lying outstretched in her tent.

'He looked very comfortable and was smoking something - the tent was full of smoke but it was impossible to tell what it was. He seemed pretty out of it, though.
    'Coco's father isn't too happy about her hanging around Pete because of his reputation, and hit the roof when he heard he had stayed in her tent.'

Coco met Pete, 29, at Jazz After Dark in Greek Street in March, and he has since been helping her with tracks from her debut album - which will be released next year.

She attracted the interest of several labels with her promising acoustic material, and recently signed to Island Records despite still studying for her A-levels.

The source added: 'Coco has definitely inherited her dad's vocal skills and Pete has been raving about her talent. It's pretty clear he has the hots for her too, which will only worry her dad more.'
    While 56-year-old Sting, real name Gordon, and mum Trudy Styler, 53, will be pleased she is getting musical input from someone-as talented as Pete, we bet they hope that's the only input he's having.

Otherwise Pete might quickly learn what Sting was singing about in The Police's 1983 hit King Of Pain.

I'll be watching you: Sting's fury as Pete Doherty gets close to teenage daughter | Mail Online

I'd be ticked if this dude were on the same continent as my daughter.

i would kill pete if i had a child and he would get his junkie fingers near her
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

The more Sting talks badly about their friendship the closer he will push her. He needs to stay out of it.

I don't know anything about this guy. If you put aside his personal issues, is he a talented musician?

^ I like his work.
    I really like his song "Music when the lights go out." Well it's The Libertines song.

YouTube - The Libertines - Music when the lights go out

^Nope.

I don't blame Sting. If Pete came near my daughter, I'd rip his balls off.

Sting's daughter has his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ I like his work.
    I really like his song "Music when the lights go out." Well it's The Libertines song.

YouTube - The Libertines - Music when the lights go out
    Okay, so I watched that one, and a few others. Kind of garage band sounding, but in a good way. He just needs to lay off the drugs and be less of a douche. I was amazed at how bad and bloated he looks now and how much better he looked in some of those Babyshambles videos. I didn't know he could look sort of...um...good-ish.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

His daughter is fug. Pete's probably the best she could do anyway.

Wait a minute. If Sting is your dad, why would you look to Crackhead Pete to help you with your music career?

Because when you are 17, your parents are stupid. Even if your dad is Sting.

Oh god... if it was my daughter I'd be hiring armed guards for her 24-7 and giving them shoot-to-kill instructions on the topic of Pete Doherty.

I sure hope the kid's had her shots.

OK, time for some speculation... which might seem off topic but I was just thinking about it given Sting's daughter is hanging around Pete and all...

Anyway, if Amy Winehouse is the subject of the HIV+ singer BI (as I think she is) and the health department has a list of people she's slept with, you can almost guarantee Pete Doherty is on that list (hence why I think Kate Moss is looking more and more like death warmed up these days) but not to digress, I think I'd be worried about my kid hanging around with a druggie like Pete who likely has quite a few STD and other contagious type virus-y kinds of shit which I think includes HIV. Done.
    vaya con dios

If you're letting your unsupervised 17 year old daughter go to music festivals that require spending the night, then expect shady characters will be in and out of her tent.

Bronze Member

Pete looks like his face is about to congeal.

She looks like the smallest Willis sister... I think.

Thread Information