Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heather Locklear in treatment for 'anxiety and depression'

Default Heather Locklear in treatment for 'anxiety and depression'

Heather Locklear is seeking treatment for psychological issues at an Arizona facility, her publicist confirms to PEOPLE exclusively.

"Heather has been dealing with anxiety and depression. She requested an in-depth evaluation of her medication and entered into a medical facility for proper diagnosis and treatment," says the actress's rep, Cece Yorke. "This is a confidential medical matter and no further statement will be released."

Locklear, 46, began taking medication after she filed for divorce from rocker Richie Sambora in February 2006. But after a series of personal setbacks including Sambora's relationship with her former friend Denise Richards, his March DUI arrest and a 911 call the same month from a pal who mistakenly believed Locklear was suicidal the TV star consulted a new doctor, who suggested she re-evaluate her condition and medication, says a close source.

After filming the Lifetime movie Flirting with 40 in the spring, Locklear decided to head to an in-patient treatment center. "She wanted to feel better and get to the bottom of what was troubling her," says a longtime associate. "She's had a rough year."

Locklear and Sambora, 48, have a daughter, Ava, 10. While Sambora tours with Bon Jovi in Europe and Locklear is in treatment, Ava is "with family and continuing on with her summer plans," says one friend.

Meanwhile Jack Wagner, 48, who has been dating Locklear since April 2007, applauds her struggle to heal. He tells PEOPLE: "Anyone who has the courage to seek help in order to live a healthy life gets my support 110 percent."

Heather Locklear in Treatment for 'Anxiety and Depression' - Health, Heather Locklear : People.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hmm....so that 911 call was true then eh? Interesting..

I feel sorry for Ava. Everyone around her is cracking up. If these people can't keep it together for their children, there is a serious issue.

Elite Member

Guess this validates Denise's claims that Heather's drug use is what split up their friendship.

Well, from the person that allegedly snorted coke on the beach...
    (and I've not actually heard her say what ended it, I've heard the usual "a sourse says".... but I'm now inclined to take it all with a pinch of salt). And that date is Feb... as DR was quoted previously as starting to see him in Feb.

Locklear, 46, began taking medication after she filed for divorce from rocker Richie Sambora in February 2006.
    this is fairly normal... depression is an illness, get help, get it sorted.
    People can end up on drugs for years, good for her for wanting to improve...
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I don't think ANYTHING would validate a damn word that crawls out of Denise Richards' mouth. A person seeking help for emotional problems isn't a bad thing.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

idk my mom always had to go to treatment centers like that for her mental problems, and she never did drugs or even drank..its a fancy way of saying (or being) a mental hospital
    theadventuresofmee.blogspot.com my beauty blog

Well, for the sake of her kid, I hope she gets the treatment (mental or emotional or whichever kind) that she needs.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I don't understand why her publicist had to make a statement about it at all though. It's not like the paps are on Heather L watch, are they? Would anyone know/care that she was out of the spotlight for awhile?

Good for her for taking some control of her life. That poor kid though. Man, SHE'S had the rough year.

I blame Denise Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I don't think ANYTHING would validate a damn word that crawls out of Denise Richards' mouth

Standing Applause!!
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I hope she will be OK

Famous people seem to be so unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I don't understand why her publicist had to make a statement about it at all though. It's not like the paps are on Heather L watch, are they? Would anyone know/care that she was out of the spotlight for awhile?

Good for her for taking some control of her life. That poor kid though. Man, SHE'S had the rough year.
    It maybe that someone was going to leak it and instead of a lot of speculation they decided to release it via People Mag, which is usually celeb friendly...
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I hope she will be OK

Famous people seem to be so unhappy
    Yea---why is that you think? You think that THEY think that once they reach a certain status of celebrity, they'll suddenly be happy?? Or maybe in Heathers case, she is losing that celebrity status (due to age, sorry, but it happens)?

Sad.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

aw poor heather; i hope she gets better. i really like her; she's seems down to earth and cool even though she's been beautiful all her life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information