Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liz Hurley and my husband... by wife of the co-star she got close to

Default Liz Hurley and my husband... by wife of the co-star she got close to

When Liz Hurley was dogged by rumours of an affair with American actor and comedian Denis Leary, the co-stars were quick to insist they were ‘just good friends’.

Now, a novel written by Leary’s wife has revived the rumours, with one character appearing to be a thinly-disguised version of the Estee Lauder model.

Ann Leary’s book Out-Takes From A Marriage features a glamorous actress who wears skimpy see-through dresses to parties, dates only billionaires and flirts outrageously with her co-star.

Enlarge
    Co-stars: Denis Leary and Liz Hurley, pictured in 2001, were rumoured to have been having an affair
    Ms Hurley famously wore a revealing Versace safety-pin dress to the premiere of Four Weddings And A Funeral and later had a son with billionaire Steve Bing.

There were reports of an ‘intimate dinner’ she had with Leary in 2001 after her break-up with Bing. Now she is married to Indian businessman Arun Nayar - worth a comparatively modest £13million.

Mrs Leary, who remains happily married to her husband of 19 years, insists that any similarity between her novel’s character and her ‘good friend Elizabeth’ is entirely coincidental.

Enlarge
    Married: Denis Leary with his author wife Ann, whose new book 'is a thinly disguised stab' at man-eater Hurley
    But she has admitted using her experiences as the wife of a celebrity in her novel - Leary has even accompanied her to book signings.
    In the story, Julia Ferraro accidentally finds a suggestive voicemail message from a woman left for her husband Joe, a TV actor. Julia stalks Joe to discover who the woman is and finds several candidates including Susanna Mercer, an Australian actress.

At first, Julia rules out Susanna but then the actress invites the couple to a party at her home. Mrs Leary writes how Susanna wears a see-through dress showing off her ‘flawless’ body and ‘firmly uplifted breasts’.

Enlarge
    Revealing: Liz shows off her figure in a plunging dress. The actress in Ann Leary's new book also likes to wear skimpy frocks

When the wife visits the two actors filming in Mexico, she discovers Susanna has persuaded her husband to go on a carb-free diet. Ms Hurley, 43, went on a similar diet before her wedding last year to Nayar.

Leary, 50, is one of Ms Hurley’s closest friends and is godfather to her six-year-old son Damian. He helped her get roles in two films they starred in together – Bad Boy and Double Whammy.

He has spoken fondly of their long nights chatting in Manhattan bars. He said: ‘Mutual friends kept saying, “You guys should hook up, you’d get on really well”. The truth is, she’s got a lot of Irish blood in her, like a lot of the girls I grew up with, and the first time we met, we ended up in one of my favourite Irish bars in New York, talking music trivia.’

Mrs Leary, 46, said in a recent interview that the fictional couple were not based on her and her husband.

However the actor, Joe, is nominated for a TV award, just like her husband who has been up for two Emmys. And Susanna runs her own film production company – just like Ms Hurley’s Simian Films.

Mrs Leary told The Mail on Sunday: ‘I can see how people would think I was talking about our dear friend Elizabeth. But in fact Susanna was a small character I created, who was not based on Elizabeth Hurley at all.’

Neither Mr Leary nor Ms Hurley had any comment to make.

Liz Hurley has been married to Indian businessman Arun Nayar since March 2007

How the book describes the glamorous movie star who's not Liz Hurley...

'Her flimsy gown was eyecatching. A body that appeared flawless and was plainly visible to all.'
    'Her breasts managed to stay uplifted without the benefit of a bra.'
    'She will only date billionaires... She has her own film company.'

Liz Hurley and my husband... by wife of the co-star she got close to | Mail Online

I'm surprised Ann didn't divorce Denis over his affair with Liz.
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Denis Leary is so fug. I'm surprised the Hurley-bitch would sleep with him.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Maybe they really were just friends? It actually happens.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

if they did sleep together, doesn't seem like a desire for a long term comittment on either side. sometime a f*ck is a f*ck

Umm...this couldn't help sell books, I'm sure. Ahem.

Dennis is a 2 bagger. blech
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

I don't care enough about any of them to read this all though but I will say his wife is much more beautiful than Liz.

When the wife visits the two actors filming in Mexico, she discovers Susanna has persuaded her husband to go on a carb-free diet. Ms Hurley, 43, went on a similar diet before her wedding last year to Nayar.

Obviously Susanna is supposed to be Liz Hurley, since she is the only person in the world to ever go on a carb free diet...

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

It's a possibility that Dennis Leary's wife wrote the book hoping that people would speculate about this, just so it would sell more copies. Brilliant.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

She looks hot.

Wow. In this case it's true that couples who've been together long enough start to resemble one another. His wife looks like she could be his younger sister. Right down to the sneer.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I know that I'm gonna get slammed for this one ... but I have had a serious crush on Denis for YEARS. I'm not sure if it's the whole "bad boy" thing or the fact that he's so damn funny (both qualities that I am insanely attracted to). He just happens to be one of those people that, for some reason, just does NOT photograph well.

There ARE actually some pictures of him where he looks damn good .... but I am a moron and cannot figure out how to insert pictures in my posts....

Dennis looks like Martha Stewart
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I know that I'm gonna get slammed for this one ... but I have had a serious crush on Denis for YEARS. I'm not sure if it's the whole "bad boy" thing or the fact that he's so damn funny (both qualities that I am insanely attracted to). He just happens to be one of those people that, for some reason, just does NOT photograph well.

There ARE actually some pictures of him where he looks damn good .... but I am a moron and cannot figure out how to insert pictures in my posts....
    No need to feel any shame, darlin'...I too have a bit of a thing for him. I love me a funny man.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information