Thread: Miley Cyrus Vs. Selena Gomez?

Default Miley Cyrus Vs. Selena Gomez?

Miley Cyrus vs. Selena Gomez: The YouTube battle

In today's Star-Ledger, I have a story about "The Miley and Mandy Show.'' It's part of a trend by Disney stars to create their own videos and post them on YouTube.

Miley Cyrus and Mandy Jiroux, her back-up dancer, stirred quite the controversy when they mimicked a video made by Selena Gomez of "Wizards of Waverly Place'' and Demi Lovato of "Camp Rock.''

Below is a video that juxtaposes the original Demi/Selena version with the Miley and Mandy knock-off. What do you think? Is the Miley/Mandy video mean? Or innocent fun? I think it's mean, but also kind of funny.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJMmAZAtXQ[/youtube]

Demi and Selena are both pretentious and charming. They remind me of cheerleaders crashing a stoner party and trying too hard to be cool. I think that's what Miley and Mandy were mocking. Still, they didn't need to be quite so nasty.

My nine-year-old daughter, a Miley fan, refused to believe there was anything cruel about the Miley video. I think it really unsettled her to think that alleged friends--like Selena and Miley--could be so snarky. And then post that snarkiness on YouTube.

But we both loved Miley and Mandy's hip-hop routine to Madonna's "Four Minutes.'' More evidence that Miley is trying to move beyond "Hannah Montana.'' Except this time there are no sleazy MySpace photos or questionable Vanity Fair covers.

I would have had no idea that Miley was leading this double life on YouTube if my fourteen-year-old niece didn't tell me. Thanks, Grace!

Miley Cyrus vs. Selena Gomez: The YouTube battle - NJ.com: Parental Guidance

--

Lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame lame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elite Member

Default Is There Teen Drama between Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus?

Is There Teen Drama Brewin’?

]Disney appears to own the magical ingredients made to create the perfect star sofrito, and the latest teen star frying up major success is, Selena Gomez . The 15-year-old New native has appeared on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and the ever-so-popular Hannah Montana Show.
    Since making her appearance, the Latina has been deemed the next big Disney , which has stirred-up rumors involving a little drama between Selena and Miley Cyrus.

When asked about the chisme the Disney estrella replied,
    “We’re literally like, ‘It’s fine. It’s all good.’ She’s Miley and I’m Selena.”
    Hopefully Selena is confident enough to know that there is no need for any rivalry. We think she is in a league of her own.

More Pictures After The Jump!

Lossip Archive Is There Teen Drama Brewin’?

She's cute, I like her hair.

I can actually tolerate Selena...my daughter LOVES her show on Disney.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Thread Information