Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rupert Everett: soldiers are whining wimps

Default Rupert Everett: soldiers are whining wimps

Controversial actor Rupert Everett has accused British soldiers risking their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan of being "whining wimps", it emerged today.

The 49-year-old, whose father is a retired major and has relatives who earned Victoria Crosses, branded modern recruits as "pathetic" and claimed: “The whole point of being in the Army is wanting to get killed.”

The gay star has just finished filming a portrait of the 19th Century soldier and adventurer Sir Richard Burton for the Channel 4 documentary The Victorian Sex Explorer.

And comparing troops from now and then he said: “In Burton's day they were itching to get into the fray.

“Now it is the opposite. They are always whining about the dangers of being killed. Oh my God, they are such wimps now!

"The whole point of being in the Army is wanting to get killed, wanting to test yourself to the limits. Now you have to fly 15,000ft above the war zone to avoid getting hit.

“I don't think there is any point in having wars if that's how you're going to behave. It's pathetic. All this whining!"

And risking further fury from veterans, the actor who once worked as a rent boy after running away from boarding school at age 15, told the Sunday Telegraph: “The whole point of being in the Army is going to war and getting yourself blown up.

“That and p***ing on prisoners. Yet we all get shocked by Abu Ghraib.

"But that's war. If you don't like that side of it, don't do it. Of course soldiers are going to p*** on the first prisoners they take. It goes with the territory."

Everett, whose most recent film rolls include parts in Stardust, St Trinian’s, and the voice of Prince Charming in Shrek, served one year in the Army Cadets while at the Catholic public school Ampleforth.

But he added: “It wasn’t for me. I would have liked to have been in the Army in Burton’s time, because you could do more or less what you wanted.

“They would give you four years to go off and explore. Now what do you get in the Army?

“Bad helmets and Basra. Your guns don’t work and everyone hates you when you get back.”

Last week the actor, who has a history of being loose-tongued, described Americans as "whiny victims" whose entire language is taken from Friends and Sex And The City.

And he said we live in a repressed Victorian-style culture, obsessed with the "authority of what Posh is wearing".

"All the problems we have now, they're all really about people not daring to stand up and say anything," he said.

And speaking about Americans, he said: "I'm totally off the States now. The reaction to 9/11 and then George Bush - really, they've got very blobby as a nation.

"Now they are whiny victims whose language is entirely taken from two TV shows - Friends and Sex And The City - and there's nothing sexy about them any more.

“And that kind of semi-blindness about the rest of the world, which was attractive when America was exciting, is really unattractive now."

Actor Rupert Everett brands British soldiers 'pathetic, whining wimps' | Mail Online

ohnotheydidnt: Rupert Everett says today's soldiers are wimps
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

He sounds like he's related to George Bush. I'm starting to really fucking hate this guy. He's nothing more than a wannabeen starfucker now.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Well,if anyone could recognize a whining whimp it would be you,Rupert.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Who pissed in his cornflakes? He always seems to be bitching bout something.

Elite Member

Every time that i think to myself that the last celleb statement is the most stupid thing ever another celleb prove me worng by saying something even more stupid.

I cant decide who win in this "stupidity contest" exactly like i cant decide who win the "best mother contest" is it Leyn?, Dina?, Khaty?....

he's become a bitter old queen

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    he's become a bitter old queen
    Apparently. Wtf is up with him lately being such a giant asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Apparently. Wtf is up with him lately being such a giant asshole?
    If you can't be known,be notorious!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Is he serious? Who wants to get killed? For fuck sake!

What a twat. That botched plastic surgery affected his brain as well.

A*O

Dump his bitter old queenly ass on the frontline in Arseganistan and we'd hear the squealing from here.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    He sounds like he's related to George Bush. I'm starting to really fucking hate this guy. He's nothing more than a wannabeen starfucker now.
    Not quite but he is from a "conservative" family that is old school.

Strangely enough he's actually said the same thing that my ex said about his trainees (unfit, whinging, unable to follow orders)... but as he was in Iraq trying to train them at the time I think that his comments had creadence.

He's probably just saying things that some people usually keep to themselves in his position. I'd like to see him spend some time with them a la Ross Kemp in Afganistan and then hear his comments!

In fact I think that I'll contact the BBC & float the idea!

lol i got a kick out of the whole rant.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

What does he know about the military of today except what he reads from the ultra liberal media? He runs around doing jazz hands and running off at the mouth.

You boil on the butt of man kind, the men/women that serve face horrors he can't even pretend to understand.

Their tours of duty keep getting extended

They are not allowed to fight this war - now they are "peace keeping" They should have killed Sadam and then got out, left Iraq to the Iraqi's - let them build their own country, but they weren't allowed.

Now they are stuck in a unpopular war, just like Viet Nam and now they will have to come missing a leg or more with their skin burn't off and have to listen to a f'nut like him spouting off about a subject he knows jack about.

He needs to show some f'in respect that puffed up pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Don't think Bush believes any soldiers are wimps though.

What bug crawled up Rupert's ass and died? Sheesh. He's being such a bitter queen lately. He needs a good roll.

As for soldiers being wimps... wimps don't put their lives in the line of fire on a daily basis, let alone protect your silly ass so you can say shit like this.

Me thinks Rupert got his heart broken by a strapping lad in uniform.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information