Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Archuleta’s mom is a sore loser; David Cook’s brother has benefactor

Elite Member

Default David Archuleta’s mom is a sore loser; David Cook’s brother has benefactor

David Archuleta’s mom is a sore loser; David Cook’s brother has benefactor

It looks like David Archuleta’s family isn’t taking his recent second-place finish on “American Idol” behind David Cook. The 17-year-old singer’s dad has already been been grabbing headlines for his pushy, controlling antics on the set of the reality show, but now young David’s mom is shooting off her mouth about David Cook’s victory, saying that the voting was rigged.
    And you thought David Archuleta’s dad was a problem?
    His mom blasted the show as being “fixed” moments after David Cook took home the title of “American Idol.”
    “She said her son was the clear favorite, and it was obvious that the voting was fixed so David Cook would win.” said an insider who spoke to Lupe Archeleta. “She said Clive Davis was going to sign her son to a huge recording deal anyway. She was very resentful that David Cook got the title, and she wasn’t shy about letting people know how she felt about it.”
    Lupe even took issue with the bright green Ford Escape Hybrid SUV her son won for being in the finals.
    “My David can’t drive that car!” she told the insider. “We’re from Salt Lake City - if he drove that car around our town, people would recognize him everywhere!”
    [From The National Enquirer print version, June 9, 2008]
    Ugh, what an ungrateful cow this woman is. It’s amazing to me that David Archuleta manages to portray himself as such a good-natured, conscientious kid, since both is parents come off as pushy, greedy stage parents from hell. As for her concern that David will be mobbed by fans if he drives his new free car- don’t worry. Two words: Justin Guarini.
    In other ‘Idol’ news, if you watched the finale, you may have caught a glimpse of David Cook’s brother, Adam, who is battling terminal brain cancer. Adam wasn’t scheduled to be at the show, but The Enquirer says that an anonymous benefactor stepped forward to help the family pay for Adam’s travel and medical care while he’s in L.A.
    A mystery donor contributed more than $80,000 at the last minute so that “American Idol” winner David Cook ’s terminally ill half brother could fly to the season finale in Los Angeles.
    The generous gift gave David’s gutsy sibling, Adam, 36, what he values most - more time with his family before he dies.
    Earlier this season, Adam was able to attend a taping of the show when friends arranged for a chartered medical jet to fly him to L.A. after doctors had forbidden him to take a commercial airline flight. But it didn’t appear that Adam would be able to make a return trip because of the cost.
    At the last minute, an anonymous donor came forward to pay for the private medical jet that flew the ailing attorney and his wife Kendra from their home in the Midwest.
    [From The National Enquirer print version, June 9, 2008]
    My money’s on Simon Cowell as the benefactor. He’s been doing all kinds of under-the-radar charity lately. In March, Cowell donated $162,000 to a family who fell into a financial crisis after their daughter was diagnosed with cancer.

i still think its the parents that lost David A a LOT of votes. Especially Daddy-o.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

That woman is such an idiot. Does she really think that they will be the only people in the world with that car? They had a bunch of green ones on the lot when I bought my Ford Escape. They just sound really ungrateful.

Bronze Member

I agree, Marie, that Simon was the donor. I really believe he's a good person.

ITA Simon paid it. He was on Oprah's briefly when he helped that child. He was also telling the child's father in a low voice-not meant for us to hear-"You call me if you need anyting at all". Later he said how good that made him feel & he was going to do a lot more.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think Davids' A parents cost him the title also. How sad.

I like Simon too, at first I just wanted to do him now I like him because of his heart....... too.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Simon makes something like 36 million a year, at least it is going to good things

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I like Simon too, at first I just wanted to do him
    I do to!!! And I can't figure it out, since when picked apart, he's not really all that attractive. I think it's his smile...or maybe because he's mean? Whatever it is, he makes me so hot!!

The guy on the right looks "special".

He always has a goofy look on his face.

Bronze Member

I'm so glad David A didn't win. I never cared for him or his monotone voice.

And how ungrateful is his mom?!

His parents should be happy their son was on American Idol, at all. Hell, they should be happy he placed. With parents like these, David A's gonna have some luck getting record deals.

from everything i've heard (haven't watched the show at all), i really feel for this david archuleta. i can't imagine growing up with parents like that. how awful!
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

so sell the car you dumb bitch, duh! And if Clive Davis is going to sign him anyway why is she bitching?

Bronze Member

She's bitching because she's a bitch!!! And so is her son. Ya, I said it. David A is a bitch. I don't know why I hate him but I do. He's so "aw shucks" that it makes me sick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information