Thread: Katie Holmes flew to NY alone to prepare for her play

Elite Member

Default Katie Holmes flew to NY alone to prepare for her play

After all the speculation and stories that Tom Cruise was setting up house in NY and wasn’t allowing his wide-eyed bride Katie Holmes any time to herself, Katie flew to NY alone ahead of her Broadway debut. It’s unknown if she’s still alone doing preparation for her play, All My Sons, but she probably had at least a day or two without her husband and daughter Suri, 2.
    Katie Holmes is asserting her independence: She flew off by herself to New York to prepare for a play, say sources…
    On May 19, said the pal, she left 45-year-old Tom behind and flew by private plane from California to the East Coast…
    Tom had no problem with Katie, 29, taking to the stage - but he made it clear he’d be right by her side in New York.
    “Katie told Tom she was going alone right now because she needed to shop, check on plans for a family home and meet with producers,” said the source.
    “But Tom said he’d pack up daughter Suri and they’d go as a family.”
    That’s when Katie told Tom he could join her later, says the source, but for now she was heading out alone!
    [From The National Enquirer, print edition, June 2, 2008]
    It’s hard to tell from that story if Katie brought Suri with her, because she’s not mentioned and they only say that she “left Tom behind.” Either way, it’s a means for Katie to strike out on her own without Tom and try to resurrect (or create, depending on your perspective) her career with hard work.
    The show is due to premiere in September, with an official opening in October. Katie won’t be in NY for long. According to the print edition of In Touch, Tom and Katie are planning a huge housewarming party for their $35 million recently renovated and decorated mansion in Beverly Hills on May 31.
    Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Katie Holmes flew to NY alone to prepare for her play

Hit By Ban Bus!

On May 19, said the pal, she left 45-year-old Tom behind and flew by private plane

Toms private plane.. no doubt

She's not alone. There will be a $cientology goon following her every move, making sure she doesn't say or do the wrong thing, or try to make a run for it.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Hmmm...I'm going to a housewarming on the 31st at a big, fuck off rich persons house. I hope I'm not about to be recruited for the Cos.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Pretty sad that Katie traveling somewhere sans TommyBoy is newsworthy...

Elite Member

Katie & alone in the same sentence. Never. She has goons with her.

does anyone think this play is payoff to keep her mouth zipped? it looked like she was about to bolt there for a minute but now she's looking "happy" again..makes you owder..
    theadventuresofmee.blogspot.com my beauty blog

in New York.
    “Katie told Tom she was going alone right now because she needed to shop, check on plans for a family home and meet with producers,” said the source.
    “But Tom said he’d pack up daughter Suri and they’d go as a family.”

Sounds like someone's trying to break away.
    And WHERE are Isabella and Connor?

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    And WHERE are Isabella and Connor?
    I think they live with TinyTom's sister. He trots them out when he needs "happy family / I'm a great dad" photos.

Quote Originally Posted by MillionDollarBaby View Post
    does anyone think this play is payoff to keep her mouth zipped? it looked like she was about to bolt there for a minute but now she's looking "happy" again..makes you owder..
    I could see that happening. After her little trip to Sci boot camp she was probably ready to make a break for it. I'm sure he'll be there soon enough running around with Suri.

Alone In NYC

Katie Holmes is in NYC preparing for her Broadway debut in "All My Sons." Tommy Girl did not come! Who's going to grab on to her and yank her into the car? Who's going to reprogram her when she tries to run away? And who's going to tell Tommy Girl that he's the "greatest power bottom in the universe" every night before bedtime? You know he's programmed Katie to say that.
    A year ago, I would've told Katie to catch the next Chinatown bus out of that bitch and escape TG forever, but the girl is too far gone now. Katie's transformation into Tommy Girls' robot beard of his dreams is complete!
    Dlisted | Be Very Afraid

Let's hope she grews the hair out

Hit By Ban Bus!

Could she be any uglier any more??

Thread Information