Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dina Lohan says the media targeted her because she’s a woman

Elite Member

Default Dina Lohan says the media targeted her because she’s a woman

Dina Lohan says the media targeted her because she’s a woman

Dina and Ali Lohan at the Georgia Rule premiere on 5/8/07. I just thought this photo was funny. Thanks to WENN
    Dina and Ali Lohan were on “The View” this morning to promote their new E! reality show, “Living Lohan,” which premieres tonight. They both repeated the mantra they’ve been using for the show all along: that they’re a normal family, that they’re using the show to dispel rumors about them, and that Ali just wants to be a singer without all the drama from the tabloids.
    Ali said she’s not scared that doing the show might interfere with her life. As for having a hard time due to the show, she said “they trash me now, and I’m only 14. They said I got a nose job and that isn’t true.” She also said that Lindsay helps her make decisions about her fame: “My sister has definitely helped me, and she’s told me what to do and what not to do.”
    Dina defended Lindsay using the same argument she always does, saying “She’s 21 and people forget how we were when we were 21. And unfortunately she had to go through so much publicly, and you don’t ask for that.”
    Dina says she doesn’t party with Lindsay and that she’s targeted because she’s a woman
    Joy Behar asked Dina about her bad reputation. “You have a reputation in the tabloids and maybe you want to clear some things up today. One of the things they say is that you and Lindsay were going out partying together. That when she was having a hard time with her personal stuff you were not there for her.”
    Dina answered “That’s absolutely not true. I manage her and there are dads that are managers, I won’t mention names, in the business… she would have an event at a club and they would say I’m at a club, which is completely not true. I think they target women more than they do men unfortunately. It’s a man’s world. I was targeted and I was going through a lot publicly with the divorce and people just start rumors. I know who I am and trust me, I don’t party. I would rather go to dinner with everyone in this audience than with a 21 year-old.”
    Just last year, Dina Lohan admitted that she loved partying and admitted lying to celebrities about being Lindsay’s mom
    In an interview with Harper’s Bazaar last year, Dina said “If you can button it and clip it when you’re in your 40s, you’re going out” and then put her hand up to get a high five from the reporter. She also told a story about how she lied to George Clooney and told him she was Lindsay’s assistant because she didn’t want to admit to being her mom. She said “I don’t want them to know I’m her mom. It’s a whole ‘nother demographic. People just go dark.” How is that a fabricated story by the tabloids or people targeting her because she’s a woman? Dina said it herself. You can see where Lindsay got her flexible idea of what constitutes the truth.
    Here’s the video:

RedLasso - Dina and Ali Lohan on The View

No. They target you because you're a fugwit.
    ssabmud

man, that interview looked awkward.

ugh, she really annoys me. and why was she so nervous?

I wasn't a druggie at 21 so speak for yourself Dina

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

The most hilarious thing about her is that she tries so hard to be intelligent but just can't quite crack it. That poor kid, being forced to work hard for her mother's needs. No wonder the lovely La Lohan needs a mummy figure in her life.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

She needs a Butt in her life, she could be your heathen

Hit By Ban Bus!

What a dumbass - they target her cause she is an easy target .... she asks for it then cries about it when she gets it.

I kinda feel sorry for Ali - she may not be talented at all but even if she has a slight bit of talent, her sister and Mom are pretty much making sure she has no future career whatsoever.

After seeing her realitytv attention whore Mom and her skanky crazy druggie Sister ... I don't think anyones gonna be interested in her.

Um, Dina...you're a liar. We've all seen pictures of you partying it up with Lindsay. The media hasn't targeted you because you're a woman, they target you because you hang your whole identity on the success of your kids instead of being a good mother. Remember, you are Lindsay & Ali's mom, not their OLDER sister.

Her big mouth had nothing to do with it? Right?

Can she please go away already and take her skanky daughters with her.

Saddest part is, that I think she actually BELEIVES what she is saying.
    Oh I HAD to do a reality show to set the record straight. No one likes me because I'm a woman..blah blah blah.

She believes this.

She has serious drug issues if she does.

All the Lohans are shit. All of them. I don't feel sorry for Lindsay--lots of people had shitty mothers and didn't turn out to be trash.

Dina's a twatwaffle, and her daughters are idiots, too. Lindsay had a lot of people trying to look out for her and she chose not to listen because she is as selfish and idiotic as her mother.

Elite Member

^^All of the above and I wish Whoopi would have taken Dina to task about pimpin' out her kids. In my opinion she is 1000xs worse than Denise Richards will ever be. I despise this woman and I hope her show tanked last night.

I smell tuna. hate her!

we can all stop referring to LaCocaHohan as "lovely".. she looks like she's going on 40 and spent the day with her face in the dirt.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information