Thread: Angelina Jolie gives a revealing interview in Cannes

Elite Member

Default Angelina Jolie gives a revealing interview in Cannes

Angelina Jolie gives a revealing interview in Cannes

It seems that with all the tabloid speculation about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, we rarely get to hear much from the couple, as they don’t do a huge amount of interviews. Angelina has two films that she’s promoting in Cannes, Kung Fu Panda, and The Changeling, and she gave a surprisingly revealing interview that puts a few tabloid rumors to rest.
    On her relationship with her father, Jon Voight, who she has been estranged from. She refers to him in the interview as ‘Dad’.
    “I think sometimes you have to distance yourself from relationships you feel are unhealthy for you. But we have spoken recently and we are going to try to get to know each other and maybe try not to be this daddy and daughter, but to be there for each other as friends in the coming years.”
    On those marriage rumors:
    “I turned on the news and heard we were getting married, and thought, ‘That’s odd’! You know, we’re not against it; it’s not something we’re making a stand about or are scared of. It’s just not felt necessary. We’ve both been married before and I think we feel like we are together because we want to be. We want to raise these children together; we’re committed to them and that’s the priority. It’s not about some contract binding us to have to be dedicated to each other, but that we were going to start building this family and be close just because we are. So we don’t need to do it but one day we will. Maybe if the kids start asking - they’ll probably be the ones to make the decision.”
    On her relationship with Brad Pitt:
    “I actually was dead set against being with another actor before I met Brad.”
    Really? “Oh my God, yeah, yeah. I was sure it was going to be a doctor in the field or some kind of human rights activist. The last thing I wanted was the epitome of the attractive male movie star,” she quips.
    The so-called “Brangelina” are not only considered Hollywood’s most powerful couple, but Hollywood’s hottest brand.
    “We find it silly because we are both so goofy and we know who we are,” Jolie responds, literally shooing away the notion with her long-fingered hand. “The fortunate thing is we have so many kids and so many things that ground us. Brad was laughing on the red carpet and people were asking if we were having a great time, but what he was laughing about was he’d just gotten peed on by our daughter.”

On how she balances work and children:

“We take turns working so one of us is always at home and when we work we limit the hours. We don’t work on weekends. We make sure both of us are at home for at least breakfast or dinner. We adjust everything around family and we’re lucky that we can. I feel for mothers who give birth and have to go to work immediately. We can bring our kids to work, and we only work four months of the year.”
    Where she’ll be giving birth:
    When the time comes Pitt, of course, will be by her side. As yet she hasn’t decided if the birth will take place in France, she says. They have been staying at a Riviera villa owned by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen during the festival and, given that they have another Riviera abode on hand, it seems likely rumours that she will give birth in the south of France are correct. In any case, this is possibly the last we will see of the actress for a while: “I plan to disappear for at least a month or two afterwards.”
    Will they have more children?
    “We keep thinking, ‘is there ever going to be a time when we don’t have kids in the house?’ Maybe we’ll eventually start a foster home or something. We have a clinic that handles children so there are ways of looking after kids without actually physically having them in your home and we’re doing more and more of that. But I think we will adopt again. I’d like to do it again.”
    Health scares in pregnancy:
    “Yeah, I’m OK, so far I’m just fine,” the 32-year-old says of her pregnancy with twins. “Everybody said I didn’t have to come, but I was feeling all right. It’s not such hard work. I’m sitting and talking a lot and everybody is being nice to me. If anything, being pregnant and not working I’ve had more time to read and study, to do all those things that I don’t when I’m working.”
    You can read the full interview in the Sydney Morning Herald.
    Everytime you read an interview with Angelina Jolie she comes across as the nicest person, although what has she got to be mean about? She’s worth a fortune, is married to Brad Pitt, has a bunch of cute kids, and enough help so she can take care of them and have a satisfying career. Still, she does seem to embrace the fact she is in a position of privilege few working mums could ever aim for.
    I think this clears up a few rumors, because Angelina never seems to outright lie. She does dodge issues though - because I’m pretty sure that she has decided where she’s giving birth. It doesn’t matter how much money and fame you have, you can’t expect an entire hospital to shut down at short notice to accommodate you.
    The interviewer, Helen Barlow, mentions several times how wonderful she looks, and what amazing cleavage she has. She does seem to look amazing, in a way that most heavily pregnant women can only dream about. Hopefully when she ‘disappears’ for a couple of months following her new babies birth we’ll get at least one picture of her with a bit of a mommy tummy.

I didn't interpret the first part, as having reffering to her father as, well... 'dad'.

Can you imagine? 2 months or more without a story or pic about those two?

The higher the monkey climbs,the more his ass is showing...
    if only she could keep those lips busy otherwise...
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Not going to happen, as these two are the greatest people in the world, living saints, you know.

What do they mean "hardly give interviews"? Give me a f*cking break. The two of them never STFU.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I wonder how many more kids they will have.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I don't think they really give interview (particularly not about their personal lives) in the way I interpret the word 'interview' to mean. I think they comment occasionally, but it's only really when they're on the red carpet.

I like her a bit more after reading this - she puts in perspective how little work actors do and how much they get paid. Four months of work a year is like a dream.
    ssabmud

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    the media will still keep them in the rag mags, she could take her brood to Mars and still they would be on the front page everyday and Jennifer would be on page two. Like it or not, it is what it is.

I went back and read the entire interview - other than the interviewer having a hard on for Jolie, I really liked it - she came off as very grounded and loving.
    Last edited by GaPeach; May 26th, 2008 at 01:17 PM.

Spawn by Brad Pitt. Tent Dress by Eddie Bauer.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Not going to happen, as these two are the greatest people in the world, living saints, you know.

What do they mean "hardly give interviews"? Give me a f*cking break. The two of them never STFU.
    I agree. The two media whores would never dissapear for a month or two. I'm sure she's already arranged to sell her new twins to the magazines for more publicity and money.

This woman always comes across as so unintelligent. Plus, who is surprised that she's bleating on and on about her life again? She's always done that. Boring!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    the media will still keep them in the rag mags, she could take her brood to Mars and still they would be on the front page everyday and Jennifer would be on page two. Like it or not, it is what it is.

I went back and read the entire interview - other than the interviewer having a hard on for Jolie, I really liked it - she came off as very grounded and loving.
    Peach I have to agree with you about them and Jen always having to be put together. It is ridiculous already.

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    I don't think they really give interview (particularly not about their personal lives) in the way I interpret the word 'interview' to mean. I think they comment occasionally, but it's only really when they're on the red carpet.

I like her a bit more after reading this - she puts in perspective how little work actors do and how much they get paid. Four months of work a year is like a dream.
    I have to disagree in that I think they speak of their personal lives quite often even when off the red carpet. Even when Brad was talking about his NOLA project he spoke of private family matters. I do feel however that many times the same info is repeated when articles are printed about them. For people who like them as a couple then I am sure that interviews like this is great but it is the same old info they always speak about b/c it is the same old questions being asked.

I personally think that if a celebrity (ANY celebrity) is at an event to "sell" their movie then that is what they should be discussing. It is a business and just like business in the "real" world no one would involve their personal info while trying to sell their product or whatever imo. I also think that if they want their privacy then they should not answer the question but that is just my delusional way of thinking. lol

I have always liked her over him and I find on many occasions she is interesting to listen to. Unfortunately as much as they would like to dispell some of the tabloid rumors they are tabloid fodder and I don't see that happening.
    Last edited by Tati; May 27th, 2008 at 08:39 AM.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

“I turned on the news and heard we were getting married, and thought, ‘That’s odd’! You know, we’re not against it; it’s not something we’re making a stand about or are scared of. It’s just not felt necessary. We’ve both been married before and I think we feel like we are together because we want to be. We want to raise these children together; we’re committed to them and that’s the priority. It’s not about some contract binding us to have to be dedicated to each other, but that we were going to start building this family and be close just because we are. So we don’t need to do it but one day we will. Maybe if the kids start asking - they’ll probably be the ones to make the decision.”
    Interesting because I thought Vanilla said they weren't getting married until everyone can. Also interesting is that she uses the passive tense and makes a point of not saying "he and I don't think it's necessary." Those are some carefully chosen words she's using.

^Sounds like someone's afraid of getting hitched!

When they get asked questions about them getting married I'd wish they'd just say "that is our business and we will do it when we want to - thank you" instead of trying to make half-ass political statements like "when gays can marry then we will". I think people would respect them more if they just said "it's our business - no comment".
    vaya con dios

Thread Information