Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usher thinks David Beckham is "one of the coolest white boys" he knows

Default Usher thinks David Beckham is "one of the coolest white boys" he knows

Usher thinks David is "one of the coolest white boys" he knows.

Usher thinks David Beckham is "one of the coolest white boys" he knows.

The 'Love In This Club' singer, who is good friends with David and his wife Victoria, and says the couple are popular among Hollywood' elite because they are so genuine.
    He said: "It's because they're real people. Every time I see David, he's so chilled. He's the epitome of cool.
    "We talk more on text than anything, but I ran into David in Beverly Hills the other day while he was with his sons. I understand that Brooklyn is a great break-dancer and I look forward to doing something like that with my own son."
    Image WENN

Usher thinks David Beckham is "one of the coolest white boys" he knows

I thought it was Cruz who was the break dancer?

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Seriously, this shit needs to stop. NOW. If a Caucasian male said, "He's one of the coolest black boys," he'd be lambasted for it. This is a one size fits all rule, People: If you don't like something said a particular way about you, then don't say it yourself.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I guess none of us knew David was white?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Seriously, this shit needs to stop. NOW. If a Caucasian male said, "He's one of the coolest black boys," he'd be lambasted for it. This is a one size fits all rule, People: If you don't like something said a particular way about you, then don't say it yourself.
    you got that right!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

My thoughts exactly.

This just means Usher wants to get it ON with Becks.

Can't blame him. I would too.

maybe, but just like a lot of stigmas between men and women, its acceptable to say that

It's actually a compliment. He is saying that David has not hangups about race and culture and can get along with anyone. If someone said Usher was one of the coolest black guys he knew, I wouldn't be offended.

It's the vernacular of the hip hop culture, which David is admittedly a part of.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    It's actually a compliment. He is saying that David has not hangups about race and culture and can get along with anyone. If someone said Usher was one of the coolest black guys he knew, I wouldn't be offended.

It's the vernacular of the hip hop culture, which David is admittedly a part of.
    Maybe you wouldn't be offended, but trust me, if Becks made a pr statement exactly like that, he'd be publicly ridiculed.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Gold Member

It's actually a compliment. He is saying that David has not hangups about race...
    Usher apparently does, seeing as he made that statement. Why did he need to describe him as a white boy? Just say that he's one of the coolest guys that he's met, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    This just means Usher wants to get it ON with Becks.
    I agree. The big question here is, who would be the bitch?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Maybe you wouldn't be offended, but trust me, if Becks made a pr statement exactly like that, he'd be publicly ridiculed.
    Some are always looking for reasons to stir the pot. Based on his immersion in the hip hop culture, translating or interpreting what he says using mainstream manners of speech is ridiculous.

Besides, it was a white group, the Offspring, who made the song about someone being fly for a white guy. That helped popularize the saying.

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    Usher apparently does, seeing as he made that statement. Why did he need to describe him as a white boy? Just say that he's one of the coolest guys that he's met, period.
    As I responded above, the answer is a bit loaded. In terms of hip hop slang, that phrase is meant differently. Hip hop culture is not popular in conservative, mainstream, white America. That is just a fact. So, to understand it is not meant to be offensive would mean you first have to understand what the phrase is meant to convey.

Yes, I have told people a person is the coolest white/latin/whatever person I know, letting them know there would be no racist behavior brought to the table. I've had white friends say I was one of the coolest black chicks/girls they knew, which sent the people they were telling the same message.
    Last edited by RevellingInSane; May 26th, 2008 at 04:56 PM.

^^Exactly!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

As I responded above, the answer is a bit loaded. In terms of hip hop slang, that phrase is meant differently. Hip hop culture is not popular in conservative, mainstream, white America. That is just a fact. So, to understand it is not meant to be offensive would mean you first have to understand what the phrase is meant to convey.

Yes, I have told people a person is the coolest white/latin/whatever person I know, letting them know there would be no racist behavior brought to the table. I've had white friends say I was one of the coolest black chicks/girls they knew, which sent the people they were telling the same message.
    I'm sure if Beckham had released a statment calling Usher the coolest "black boy" he knows, your response would be a lot different. What Usher said doesn't offend me, but enough of the double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    I'm sure if Beckham had released a statment calling Usher the coolest "black boy" he knows, your response would be a lot different. What Usher said doesn't offend me, but enough of the double standards.
    Unless you are a psychic, you can't be sure of anything I would say. Before trying to snidely insinuate I am biased and would let a black man get away with racist behavior, you better check my posts and opinions on figures such as Al Sharpton and Spike Lee.

Have you a grasp of context? A man wearing a white robe, with a pointy hat in front of a burning cross saying "boy" is not going to use the same context as David Beckham saying,"Usher's my boy."

If you don't understand the colloquialisms, don't attempt to make this a racist comment. My best friend and I tell each other all the time that the other is "my girl". Is she being racist? Am I?

Oh, it definitely offends you, otherwise, you wouldn't be so quick in your attempt to make it seem as if I am playing double standards. One of us understands the difference between literal definitions of the words used and the connotation as dictated by the cultural background the speaker has.

If you want to accuse me of something, don't do it in shadow. Step up to the plate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information