Thread: Nicole Richie, the only broom to ever reproduce, is given an award for it

Thumbs down Nicole Richie, the only broom to ever reproduce, is given an award for it

Nicole Richie has won a parenting award.

The new mother received a Golden Pacifier Award from America's Babytalk magazine.

Nicole - who gave birth to daughter Harlow Winter, her first child with rumoured fiance Joel Madden, in January - was handed the accolade in recognition of her mothering skills.

Babytalk Editor-in-chief Lisa Moran said: "Honouring Nicole Richie with a Babytalk Golden Pacifier Award might come as a surprise to some, but we felt that she deserved some recognition for her turnaround since becoming a mom.

"She has grown up a lot since the arrival of little Harlow, and her creation of the Richie-Madden Children's Foundation has demonstrated her efforts to set a good example by shining a spotlight on important issues affecting today's families."

Before having Harlow, Nicole was famed for her partying with pal Paris Hilton. She has also beaten heroin addiction and spent time in jail during her pregnancy after being convicted of driving under the influence (DUI).

Talk show host Ricki Lake also received a Golden Pacifier for her documentary about home birth, 'The Business of Being Born'.

Lisa said: "We gave Ricki Lake a Golden Pacifier this year for bravely sharing her birthing experience in 'The Business of Being Born', sparking a much-needed conversation about the state of modern childbirth.

"She provided moms with a wonderful reminder that childbirth is about choices - it can, and should be, as individual as the child who punctuates it."

(C) BANG Media International

Top parent Nicole Richie : Bang : CelebEdge : Sympatico / MSN
    WTF HAS SHE DONE TO EARN IT?!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Christ on a cracker who are these numbskulls giving out these awards?

I don't see the big deal. She seems to be a good mother; we see her with her kid and not out at clubs every night.

Good for her. I will save the bashing for girls that clearly are bad mothers.

Can I get an award for doing something, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I don't see the big deal. She seems to be a good mother; we see her with her kid and not out at clubs every night.

Good for her. I will save the bashing for girls that clearly are bad mothers.
    I agree.

Seems to be a good mother how, merely by popping out kids? LOL

What has she done to earn an award for OUTSTANDING PARENTING... merely being snapped a couple times carrying your kid qualifies you for a fucking award? LOL

Jesus
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think it should go to the nanny.

Grimm... you have the best thread titles EVER!!!

WTF? This award is so fucking stupid!

... we felt that she deserved some recognition for her turnaround since becoming a mom.

"She has grown up a lot since the arrival of little Harlow, and her creation of the Richie-Madden Children's Foundation has demonstrated her efforts to set a good example by shining a spotlight on important issues affecting today's families."

That's why they gave it to her. And she at least appears to be making an effort, which is more than you can say for some celebrities. I don't think I need to name any names here.

Oh well good for her for showing the slightest shred of maturity after having given birth to another human being. Lo, let us make her our potentate! All bow before the marginally responsible GODDESS

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Seems to be a good mother how, merely by popping out kids? LOL

What has she done to earn an award for OUTSTANDING PARENTING... merely being snapped a couple times carrying your kid qualifies you for a fucking award? LOL

Jesus
    I don't think any of us said she should get an award, I don't think ANYONE should get an award for being a mother, it's your job, but I don't think she needs to be bashed or called a bad mother until we here that she is either.

So, how do you see her being a bad mother? I haven't heard of anything in the press but maybe you know?

I didn't say she was, I just don't see her having done anything to merit an award for outstanding parenting when she hasn't done anything outstanding! lol

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Can I get an award for doing something, too?

I'm feeling nice today

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thread Information