Thread: Jay-Z and Usher sing about joys of marriage

Default Jay-Z and Usher sing about joys of marriage

Jay-Z and Usher have recorded a new song together, "Best Thing" – an ode to their new status as married men.

"Of course, with the talk of both of us now being newlyweds, there is a question as to why, and is it real?" Usher told MTV Base of the song, which is produced by Janet Jackson's beau Jermaine Dupri. "Well, if you hear that [song], you'll understand what [Jay-Z] meant when he says, 'Seeds becomes plants/ Boys become men/ You've got to grow up, not down.' "

The song kicks off with Jay-Z speaking of a bachelor who is resistant to getting married: "Can't give a ring up/ I couldn't give a f---, how could I give a finger?/ Let alone half baths and closets/ So claustrophobic, in fear of close objects."

Usher, meanwhile, playing an unfaithful boyfriend, sings: "Listen, is there any chance that you remember me being any more than just a horrible man? And would you consider pullin' this trigger and taking a second shot at romance?/ Oh baby, I want the days when you were my girl and I was your man/ Know I took you for granted/ But it wasn't until now I see how much I miss you."

Jay-Z, 38, married Beyoncé Knowles, 26, in April. Usher, 29, married stylist Tameka Foster, 38, last August. The pair have a son together.

Jay-Z, Usher Sing About Joys of Marriage - Beyonce Knowles, Jay-Z, Tameka Foster, Usher : People.com

Huh. I just heard on the radio today that Usher and Tameka have separated... so maybe Usher won't be singing about his joyous marriage much longer.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
    Robert Frost

Ůsher and Tameka sound like two drama queens in a relationship. Oh and that little thing with him "allegedly" bedding men probably causes problems too.

Jay-Z and Usher... YOU FUCKING LOSERS!

That is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard of. Especially because you know they probably had hookers coming in and out of the studio the whole time they were making the song.
    vaya con dios

Thread Information