Thread: Ellen Degeneres and John McCain discuss gay marriage

Default Ellen Degeneres and John McCain discuss gay marriage

Agree To Disagree

John McCain is on Ellen Degeneres' show today (taped yesterday) and she brought up the subject of gay marriage. Dun dun dun! Ellen started by saying that she wanted to address " the elephant in the room." I was expecting Mike Huckabee to come out with glazed donuts. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.
    Johnny doesn't believe in gay marriage. Duh. Ellen used the opportunity to voice her opinion, "I think that it is looked at and some people are saying the same that blacks and women did not have the right to vote. Women just got the right to vote in 1920. Blacks didn't have the right to vote till 1870. It just feels like there's this old way of thinking (that) we are not all the same. We are all the same people. All of us. You're no different than I am. Our love is the same." Ellen is right. We are all the same people. Well, except for Paris Hilton. She's a dirty animal.
    Ellen went on to say, " It sounds to me like saying well you can sit there (points in one direction), you just can't sit there (points in another direction). That's what it sounds like to me. It doesn't feel inclusive. It feels isolated. It feels like we aren't owed the same things and the same wording."
    John responded, "I've heard you articulate that position in a very eloquent fashion. We just have a disagreement and I, along with many, many others wish you every happiness." Lies.
    Ellen finished with a joke, "Thank you. So you'll walk me down the aisle? Is that what you said?"
    McCain doesn't believe in gay marriage and I don't believe in him. We're even. And to think, I was going to invite his pasty ass to my upcoming Xanadu-themed California wedding. I really wanted to see him in velour chocha cutters and roller skates. He can stop checking the mail for his invitation! It ain't coming.
    Visit Towleroad to see the video

Agree To Disagree | Dlisted

McCombover can blow me. For real.

God I hate him and all retards like him. If i could send them to an island I would.

Not a nice island either. Baffin island. Look it up, bitches.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Not a nice island either. Baffin island. Look it up, bitches.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

You'll have to ship Obama to Baffin as well:

They're both opposed to gay 'marriage'......civil unions ok, but don't call it marriage....

At the Cedar Rapids Public Library, Abbi Swanson wanted to know what the U.S. senator from Illinois would do to help her son, who is gay, gain the same marital protections as heterosexuals.
    Obama repeated his stand that he is against gay marriage, but for civil unions that offer the same benefits as traditional marriage. He told about 150 people at the library that he couldn't endorse traditional marriage for gay and lesbian families.
    "You want the word marriage and I believe that the issue of marriage has become so entangled -- the word marriage has become so entangled with religion -- that it makes more sense for me as president, with that authority, to talk about the civil rights that are conferred" with civil unions, Obama said. Individual denominations should make the decisions about what to recognize as a marriage, he said.

Both men have voted against the bill to have a Constitutional Ammendment to ban Gay marriages, both stating that it should be left to individual states to decide

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

errr i hate him!

Obama said. Individual denominations should make the decisions about what to recognize as a marriage, he said.

Both men have voted against the bill to have a Constitutional Ammendment to ban Gay marriages, both stating that it should be left to individual states to decide

Awesome. Way to wienie out of it.

all that tussle for a word.. i dont care if churches don't want to do it, fine, That's their silly fundie business. But even if it's a civil union, it's getting MARRIED. That word isn't proprietary.. it has an actual dictionary definition beyond the religious nonsense.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I am not not usually a huge Ellen fan.. But, Good for her voicing her opinions!

Did anyone see the whole interview? I'd say good for her for expressing this, but she had John McCain on her show giving him a pulpit to smile his shit-eating grin while essentially saying Ellen doesn't merit the same rights he does. She should have asked "if you can marry a cunt (which are YOUR words), why can't I??"

I can't believe they're getting away with this semantics bullshit re: the "civil unions" vs. "marriage" ridiculousness. It totally smacks of "separate but equal" racist nonsense of the past. We should remind these wacko fundies how well that worked out in the Supreme Court.

They are really hanging on by a thread to justify their thinly veiled homophobia.

Thread Information