Thread: Shia LeBeouf's not just a celebrity.. he's an ACTOR, bitches!

Wink Shia LeBeouf's not just a celebrity.. he's an ACTOR, bitches!

'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' star Shia LaBeouf says being a celebrity is "rubbish".

(BANG) -

Shia LaBeouf says being a celebrity is "rubbish".

The 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' star thinks acting is an art form, and should not be solely about fame.

He said: "Being a celebrity is rubbish. If you're doing films just for that, you're in the wrong business. Just go on a reality TV show and wear really hot pants to an awards show and you're a celebrity."

The 21-year-old actor does not see himself as a celebrity, and claims the career choices he has made mean he is a credible actor.

LaBeouf added to Top of the Pops magazine: "'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' doesn't make me a celebrity. I could have cashed in and done a movie like 'Agent Cody Banks', but that wasn't my route, and it'll never be my route. Acting is an art form. It's not just me trying to be some celebrity."

However, the actor admits he did enjoy meeting qualified helicopter pilot Harrison Ford on the set of the latest 'Indiana Jones' film.

He said: "People who fly in helicopters like Harrison are crazy to begin with, but somebody who flies by themselves in a helicopter is a bad a**."

(C) BANG Media International

Shia LaBeouf's celebrity moan : Bang : CelebEdge : Sympatico / MSN
    He's SUPER SERIAL guys
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I LOVE this guy. I think he can go far if he keeps his head on straight.

Yeah. You sure seem to take the Hollywood "celebrity" route at that drugstore in Chicago a while ago. If you want to be respected as an actor, just act and don't talk about it.

^ Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I like Shia. I just hope he doesn't talk a lot of shit publically like this again. Or yell at drugstores. lol

Random, but, "rubbish" isn't a widely used American term, I don't think....

At least he has talent to back up his big mouth. I think he's one of the hottest young talents in H'wood today.

I got a bit of a cougar crush on that young'un!

Haha, slam on that kid who did the Agent Cody Banks movie.

He sounds more reasonable than most stars, if that even means anything. Plus I swear I saw a shot in the Indy preview where he's channeling Marlon Brando's The Wild One, so as long as I have that image in my head, he can say whatever he wants.

Everything he said rings true. This guy has talent and he didn't make awful movies just to make a payday. Of the popular young actors, this boy is the one who I could see winning an Oscar because he is actually good.

Hey, before you bash him for the Walgreen's incident, how many of you have had to deal with a Walgreens in Chicago? Even the quietest people have gone the eff off in stores in Chi. You walk into a Walmart, Target, or any other major chain and of the how many people working there, no one knows English or anything about the store?

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    Random, but, "rubbish" isn't a widely used American term, I don't think....
    I thought it was a british thing, like bullocks...

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    before you bash him for the Walgreen's incident, how many of you have had to deal with a Walgreens in Chicago? Even the quietest people have gone the eff off in stores in Chi. You walk into a Walmart, Target, or any other major chain and of the how many people working there, no one knows English or anything about the store?

Too funny and a little sad.
    Whenever I must call my bank or cellular company it annoys the piss outta me because all the customer service calls are routed to India.
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

^^Take that feeling and multiply it by a billion. Sadly, I didn't have time to learn 6 other languages, so I suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by TonjaLasagna View Post
    Too funny and a little sad.
    Whenever I must call my bank or cellular company it annoys the piss outta me because all the customer service calls are routed to India.
    my banks calls go to India as well. Some of their accents are pretty heavy, not to mention they talk so fast. I can hardly understand what the hell they're saying.

I think he has a good career ahead of him, but he should learn how to STFU because that attitude will get him nowhere. And he does seem to be an entitled ass. Someone on ONTD posted a picture of him blocking someone's driveway instead of finding a parking space like everyone else. They also reported that apparently he'd done it more than once: someone left him a nasty note (ONTD also posted a picture of the note!), something along the lines that he should remember that people LIVE there and need to get in and out of their driveway, and he needs to find a proper parking spot like everyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Everything he said rings true. This guy has talent and he didn't make awful movies just to make a payday. Of the popular young actors, this boy is the one who I could see winning an Oscar because he is actually good.

Hey, before you bash him for the Walgreen's incident, how many of you have had to deal with a Walgreens in Chicago? Even the quietest people have gone the eff off in stores in Chi. You walk into a Walmart, Target, or any other major chain and of the how many people working there, no one knows English or anything about the store?
    I hear ya RIS. Walgreens in Chi-town can be quite a nightmare. I get a migraine just thinking about it.

I love Shia...I must confess!

Thread Information