Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steven Tyler is in rehab

Default Steven Tyler is in rehab

Stephen Victor Tallarico aka Stephen Tyler has checked himself into rehab in Pasadena, CA. TMZ reports that 60-year-old Stephen is receiving treatment at the joint where Dr. Drew practices and where "Celebrity Rehab" is shot. Stephen is being treated for substance abuse.
    His spokeswhore would not comment.
    Are they sure it wasn't Janice Dickinson that checked into rehab? They look like twins and she fucking needs help too.
    Seriously, Stephen is getting too old for that crackhead shit! There comes a time when you need to put down the pipe, pick up the remote and turn on "Murder She Wrote." Being 60 is all about worshiping Angela Lansbury, eating lunch at Hometown Buffet and nagging your children. 60 is not about drugging and boozing.
    If anybody can help him, Dr. Drew can! I think....

Stephen Tyler Is In Rehab | Dlisted

aww i love Steven Tyler.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Am I the only one shocked by this? Thought he'd been sober for 20 yrs!!! What the hell???

Just when his daughter needs him. He seems like a basically decent person, but with many character flaws.

So, how did I do at stating the obvious??

He's been off illegal drugs for 20 years, but hasn't been clean. The heroin abuse was what prevented him from making any money back in his early 70's Aerosmith heyday. Whent he band launched a comebacl (Walk This Way with RUN DMC), he cleaned up his act, somewhat. I think I read somewhere that at one point he was up to 50 Valium a day.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Just when his daughter needs him. He seems like a basically decent person, but with many character flaws.

He's been off illegal drugs for 20 years, but hasn't been clean. I think I read somewhere that at one point he was up to 50 Valium a day.
    yes, i think that's true.

this makes me so sad - i love Steven, love Aerosmith & hope he sorts everything out for good, if he really wants to, that is.
    It can not be easy for him though i reckon, too many years um, let's say, taking things. must be hard to get rid of everything just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Am I the only one shocked by this?
    Am I the only one not shocked by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle View Post
    yes, i think that's true.

this makes me so sad - i love Steven, love Aerosmith & hope he sorts everything out for good, if he really wants to, that is.
    It can not be easy for him though i reckon, too many years um, let's say, taking things. must be hard to get rid of everything just like that.
    Well he's had a lifetime of depending on substances to help him face up to things, and get him through the day. At his age, it's gonna be challenging to drop the security blanket.

Sammy Davis Jr, at about he same age, said in an interview that he needed a morning 'eye opener' just to get himself going.

smf

at least he relizes he needs help ,i doubt its herion wasnt he an alcohlic also ?

He's been off illegal drugs for 20 years, but hasn't been clean. The heroin abuse was what prevented him from making any money back in his early 70's Aerosmith heyday. Whent he band launched a comebacl (Walk This Way with RUN DMC), he cleaned up his act, somewhat. I think I read somewhere that at one point he was up to 50 Valium a day.
    I'm old enough to have seen them in concert before they got off junk. It really was an unbelievable comeback afterwards......amazing difference

I always found Joe Perry super hot.....Steven doesn't do it for me

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well he's had a lifetime of depending on substances to help him face up to things, and get him through the day. At his age, it's gonna be challenging to drop the security blanket.

Sammy Davis Jr, at about he same age, said in an interview that he needed a morning 'eye opener' just to get himself going.
    absolutely.

rooting for him here.

damnit, i am still undecided wether to wake my mother up or not, via text, with this news. she will hate me either way.
    he makes her life & it is contagious, apparently, as i adore him too - in any case it's all her fault, no one makes her baby daughter listen to Dream on all the time.

so random, sorry.

I remember reading some article only about 12 months ago on how Aerosmith wanted all these carrot sticks backstage instead of booze etc... someone should've asked what was in the dip???

Anyway, I love Steve... he seems like a cool guy... I hope he gets better for Liv and Milo's sake.

Hmmm... maybe Liv can join him in rehab if that BI was true...!!!
    vaya con dios

Steve Tyler does come off as a friendly, likable guy, if somewhat off the wall. Interestingly, his dad was a high school teacher, but Steve still managed to get himself kicked out - for substance abuse (alcohol I believe, though it might have been drugs). He met Perry shortly after getting expelled, while hanging around an ice cream parlor, where Perry worked.

A little Tyler background - his ancestory is Italian, German, Irish, and American Indian. That makes Liv one spicy number!

Oh noez,Steven!

Get better!

Dr.Drew's a hot fucker.

I thought the same things. And I really believed he wasn't taking drugs anymore, but maybe he's in for alcohol abuse or something...
    Hope he gets better soon.
    No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I saw Aerosmith at the height of their drug abuse. Steven Tyler puked onstage during the third song, after making us wait two hours while he did lines back at the hotel. It was my second concert ever and I remember thinking:

ROCK AND ROLL, BABY!
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information