Thread: Harrison Ford doesn't read movie reviews

Default Harrison Ford doesn't read movie reviews

Harrison Ford: "I Don't Read Reviews"

(Getty Images)

Say what you want about the new Indiana Jones installment, film critics. Harrison Ford won’t be reading any of it!

The again action star, who will reprise his whip-wielding archeological icon in next week’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, is shunning all reviews of the movie because it’s the public’s opinion that matters to him.

"It's the people who pay to get in, and whether they are getting satisfaction for their dollars spent," Harrison says. "I suppose it would be interesting, but I don't read reviews."

The fact that the Steven Spielberg-directed vehicle – the fourth in the series – has garnered a mostly positive response since the premiere at the Cannes Film Festival last week doesn’t change the 65-year-old’s stance.

"I don't want to believe the bad stuff and I don't want to believe the good stuff,” he says. “It doesn't really matter."

Knowing how nitpicky Cannes critics can be, Harrison says he doesn’t have much to complain about since “they can kick your butt here if they’re not happy.” Therefore, the favorable response is "pretty good."

While Harrison pays no attention to the reviews, one person who definitely was waiting on pins and needles for them was Steven himself, though, co-star Cate Blanchett says.

"Steven was wanting to throw up before he went into the press conference he was so nervous about the response," she says. "And I think it's because he cares."

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull opens May 22

OK! Magazine - First for Celebrity News - Harrison Ford: "I Don't Read Reviews"

Okay, whatever, grandpa.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I wouldn't read them if I were him either - whats the point?

He's right on one thing .... “It doesn't really matter."

Poll after Poll has shown no one really cares what the critics say.

Hit By Ban Bus!

He is the most boring actor in the history of Hollwood. His slow talking, meandering interviews are excruciating to watch-so I don't.

However, I would still do "Indiana Jones". How can such a boring, lame ass actor play such an exciting character? Boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post

However, I would still do "Indiana Jones". How can such a boring, lame ass actor play such an exciting character? Boggles the mind.
    LOL, Sasha. That made me laugh.

He does seem very un-exciting but I was watching one of those old Indie flicks and damn, man was FINE.

I agree with him on not reading the reviews. Who cares anyway!

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I sat and watched all three Indy flicks on the SciFi channel Saturday night. That crooked grin when he lasso's Kate Capshaw's character with his whip in 'Temple of Doom'-whew, yummy...is it hot in here?

It's a good thing because I saw the trailer this past weekend and it looks like a stinker (hope I'm wrong)

I still find him hot and no one will never be able to convice me he isn't: he's just my hero.
    And he doesn't need to read reviews: it's not like anything now could ruin his career or make him go broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    It's a good thing because I saw the trailer this past weekend and it looks like a stinker (hope I'm wrong)
    It's incredibly hard to tell what the plot is in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    It's incredibly hard to tell what the plot is in the trailer.
    I know and Karen Allen is back. Hubby and I were like WTF?

She was on Good Morning America this morning. She's adorable and looks fantastic!!

Harrison Ford, I could take or leave. Indiana Jones, however, would be fun for a game of hide the snake. He could even bring Dr. Jones, Sr. to speak Latin during a threesome.

"I don't want to believe the bad stuff and I don't want to believe the good stuff,” he says. “It doesn't really matter."
    probably the smartest attitude for an actor to have. it's not like he's just filtering out the bad stuff and only reading about how great he is. and not worrying about what people are saying about you is also a good way to avoid developing a huge ego from hell.

i like him. i'd still hit it
    i don't know what it is but i just get the feeling he's a cool older guy. i can just see him on his houseboat smoking spliffs with ally mcbeal (harrison and the munchies have done wonders for her, she's never looked happier, or healthier).
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

I wouldnt read them either if they said the things they are saying about his movie.

Thread Information