Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dina Lohan left her younger kids home alone & a fire broke out at the house

Elite Member

Default Dina Lohan left her younger kids home alone & a fire broke out at the house

Dina Lohan left her younger kids home alone & a fire broke out at the house

E! Networks has a new preview available for Lindsay’s mom Dina’s upcoming reality show, Living Lohan.
    The preview is filled with such cringe-inducing and cliché statements as “A lion protects her cubs,” and “It’s a big game of chess and it’s our move. Bring it on now, let’s go.”
    Dina is shown discovering the still from older daughter Lindsay’s alleged sex tape with ex Calum Best that turned out to be two different people entirely. 14 year-old Ali comes in the room, smiling and gaping at the computer monitor. Dina then makes some phone calls threatening someone about the photo that’s supposed to be Lindsay, saying “you need to get it down immediately because I’ve already been in touch with my attorneys, and the story is absolutely false.”
    Dina says “there’s got to be boundaries with these people, the paparazzi and everything. There’s just got to be more boundaries set.” That’s rich coming from a woman who is letting cameras into her two younger children’s life!
    As for 14 year-old Ali, who says she wants to be just like her older sister, Lindsay, Dina claims “Ali loves this business, and unfortunately I have to manage her.”
    Unfortunately you have to let the whole world know exactly how you’re messing up your two other kids, Dina, but that doesn’t mean we have to watch it.
    The NY Post has more details of the first episode, which sounds like it shows Dina in just as accurate a light as you expect:
    The pilot episode, called “Mommy Will Fix It,” centers around the family’s North Merrick, LI, McMansion.
    See Dina buffer her family from rumor, protect Ali’s music taste from execs, and help Ali cope with her music producer Jeremy Greene, who is rumored to be dating big sis Lindsay.
    “You’re not here to please anyone but you as an artist,” she says to Ali during a conference call with music execs.
    In her daily news search for all things Lohan, Dina, 45, says she’s looking for “idiots who are talking trash.”
    “I don’t live my life every day going, ‘Oh, they’re talking about us,’ ” Dina snaps. “I’m over it. Yes, it still does hurt, but people are just idiots.”
    “Oh God, everyone’s talking about Lindsay’s intervention,” she mimics in a valley-girl voice. “This is so stupid. They better not talk about Ali like this, or there’s going to be war. I’m like a lion with her cubs…”
    [From The NY Post]
    The real bombshell is this tidbit at the end of The Post’s story, though, which claims that Dina went partying, leaving Ali, 14, and Cody, 11, at home alone when a fire broke out in the house! This is the first I’ve heard of it, so if it’s true it was likely a small fire that they were able to contain and keep from reaching the press. It’s unclear from this story when this happened exactly or if it will be included in the show.
    And mom’s right there with the bad girls - leaving the kids at home to carouse at a party thrown in her honor, only to discover that her Long Island house had caught fire with her children asleep inside, says a source close to the family.
    When the family hits Las Vegas to record Ali’s first album, Dina meets with Hefner at the Palms and allegedly “allows herself to have a little fun” during a dinner with magician Lance Burton.
    [From The NY Post]
    That’s awful although the kids are surely ok if this is all we’re hearing about it. Do you think the house fire inspired Dina to hire a babysitter or stay home with her kids more?

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Dina Lohan left her younger kids home alone & a fire broke out at the house

“Oh God, everyone’s talking about Lindsay’s intervention,” she mimics in a valley-girl voice. “This is so stupid. They better not talk about Ali like this, or there’s going to be war. I’m like a lion with her cubs…”

Yeah, a crackhead lion.

Mother of the year strikes again.

Okay......I cannot stand Dina Lohan...but leaving a 14 year old and an 11 year old is not a crime. I was babysitting when I was 12. Give me a break.

haha that story originated here. I wonder if Dina reads gossiprocks..... if so, you suck at life hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Okay......I cannot stand Dina Lohan...but leaving a 14 year old and an 11 year old is not a crime. I was babysitting when I was 12. Give me a break.
    I dont think your parents left you alone to go snort cocaine with a bunch of 20-somethings a la Dina.

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    I dont think your parents left you alone to go snort cocaine with a bunch of 20-somethings a la Dina.
    True, true. But they ARE old enough not to have to have a babysitter. Doesn't make Dina any less of a famewhore twatwaffle, though.

I wouldn't leave an 11yo alone at night, but that's just me. My daughter will be 15 tomorrow and I wouldn't leave her home alone at night either.

I dont know if I would be comfortable leaving my kids alone or not at 14, but if my daughter was Ali Lohan, I SHO AS HELL would not leave her alone.

I don't think Alli is mature enough to stay in such a big home by herself with her 11 year old brother at night.

But then again, I don't know Alli, I'm just judging by what I see of her.

I mean, I stayed home by myself with my younger siblings when I was 12 and the worst thing that happened is my brother accidentally set the carpet on fire. I soon put it out and drama was over.
    ssabmud

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Okay......I cannot stand Dina Lohan...but leaving a 14 year old and an 11 year old is not a crime. I was babysitting when I was 12. Give me a break
    I have to agree. She's a shitty mother but leaving a 14 and an 11 year old is not a big deal. As far as what she got up to, I have no idea what my parents did on those nights out or what the people I babysat for got up to. Grr...I hate defending this dumb cowpat.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^I know, it pisses me off that I'm even defending this. BUT:

In general, it's perfectly fine to leave a 14 year old and 11 year old alone. Ali is technically old enough to be home alone, and look after an 11 year old. TECHNICALLY. Then again, we ARE talking about a family of idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    I don't think Alli is mature enough to stay in such a big home by herself with her 11 year old brother at night.

But then again, I don't know Alli, I'm just judging by what I see of her.

I mean, I stayed home by myself with my younger siblings when I was 12 and the worst thing that happened is my brother accidentally set the carpet on fire. I soon put it out and drama was over.
    My brother set fire to the carpet when I was sitting him. Soon put it out with my glass of lager.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I wouldn't leave an 11yo alone at night, but that's just me. My daughter will be 15 tomorrow and I wouldn't leave her home alone at night either.
    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I have to agree. She's a shitty mother but leaving a 14 and an 11 year old is not a big deal. As far as what she got up to, I have no idea what my parents did on those nights out or what the people I babysat for got up to. Grr...I hate defending this dumb cowpat.
    I don't agree Butt. We weren't left alone til my older sister was 16 (& I was 14) and that was 16 going on 17.
    I know that there is no age limit (in the UK) for leaving kids on their own or under the care of a "responsible" child, but imo 14 is too young. They don't (generally) have the experience to react to things.
    Free Charmed.

I was left alone with my two brothers and godbrother at 14.

I was a very anxious kid, though, and I called 911 when I started hearing noises and the light suddenly went out.

The whole fucking SWAT team came, I swear to god.

Just saying, sometimes kids don't know how to react properly to situations that necessitate adult action.

That incident only happened once, though, and I've since taken care of my brothers for days at a time while my mom goes to conferences and doesn't feel like paying the housekeeper extra to stay.

I think if you take this out of context, it would be perfectly legitimate to leave a 14 year old and an 11 year old alone for an evening. But, IMO, the biggest red flag is that they're Lohans. Nuff said.

I started babysitting at 12--yep. I was also uber-responsible and stuff. By the time I was 14 I was a rather in-demand babysitter, until I gave up my other families for one particularly awesome family and became their part-time nanny at 16. I dunno.

I do think the "Lohan" part is the problem here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information