Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow rules out trust fund for kids

Default Gwyneth Paltrow rules out trust fund for kids

Rex Features

Gwyneth Paltrow has revealed that she has no plans to set up a trust fund for her two children.

The actress admitted that she wants her kids to work hard to find success in the career paths they choose, rather than relying on the arrival of a massive payment when they turn 21.

"My father made it very clear that the day I left university I was on my own," Paltrow told The Times. "He didn't give me any money and I really struggled and I waitressed and bought cigarettes out of tips and tried to get to auditions with no gas.

"The worst thing you can do is give a child a trust fund. They know they'll get it when they're 18 or 21. And it just kills passion."

Paltrow has two children, four-year-old Apple and two-year-old Moses, with her husband Chris Martin.

Showbiz - News - Paltrow rules out trust fund for kids - Digital Spy

What a pretentious bitch. Who does she think she's kidding about working for everything she has. Please.

Did she say "University"? Uh, Gwyn, you're not ACTUALLY British.

She never made it through UC Santa Barbara. And to get in there, she had to have Michael Douglas make a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Did she say "University"? Uh, Gwyn, you're not ACTUALLY British.

She never made it through UC Santa Barbara. And to get in there, she had to have Michael Douglas make a call.
    Hmmm, isn't it interesting what qualifies "making it on your own" these days???

Bitch needs to stop talking... it makes me like her less and less and less... I'm sure she means well but it just makes her seem more pompous and self-indulgent.
    vaya con dios

I would love to be able to set up a trust fund for my kids.

It's not like she has to tell them about it.

I totally think this twatwaffle (you didn't use it, lily ) always lived a priviledged life and got everything she ever asked for or needed. Bullshit, she didn't have money after university. Bullshit!!!!

I'm having a hard time liking her lately. I hate when priveleged celebrities (wait, is there another kind? They're all spoiled assholes) try to humanize themselves. STFU.

What an idiot. Just because your kids have a trust fund doesn't mean they will waste or not appreciate the money. They'd probably spend it more wisely then she would.

I'm all for this. It gives the kids way more incentive to pen a tell-all in the future!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^And there is certainly going to be some sour Apples!

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    ^^And there is certainly going to be some sour Apples!
    I'm disbelieving of what she has said given I read a story about her father flying her to Paris when she was quite young, so that she could see it with the man who loved her the most, himself.

I find it hard to believe that a man who would fly his daughter to Paris would then allow her to struggle to pay for gas.

Elite Member

But I do think she's right about the trust funds - look at the Hollywood trustfunders - Paris, Brandon Davis, etc. What a waste of space they are.

Rosamund

Struggled? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that Steven Spielberg, who is her godfather, offered her the part of Wendy in Hook when she was 18. I doubt she even auditioned for it.
    Last edited by Rosamund; May 19th, 2008 at 02:35 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

This bitch is the f**king limit!

I hate to swear like that, but I know people that grew up with her in NYC and she is totally full of SHIT!

Her Uncle Morty - aka Steven Spielberg - gave her her first role in Hook, then her Mom and Dad got her an Agent and a Manager.

I can't stand when rich spoiled bitches act like they worked for what they have - I abhor violence but I just want to push this skinny t**t over and kick her in the teeth.

(wow, sorry about all that.)
    Last edited by snuffy; May 19th, 2008 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    What a pretentious bitch. Who does she think she's kidding about working for everything she has. Please.
    Obviously not us!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    I'm disbelieving of what she has said given I read a story about her father flying her to Paris when she was quite young, so that she could see it with the man who loved her the most, himself.

I find it hard to believe that a man who would fly his daughter to Paris would then allow her to struggle to pay for gas.
    ITA; unless of course they knew at an early age that she was a crap actress and were trying to put her off?

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    But I do think she's right about the trust funds - look at the Hollywood trustfunders - Paris, Brandon Davis, etc. What a waste of space they are.
    a) I think that it's about upbringing & not trust funds... but... if you let the nanny/hired help bring up your kids don't whine when they aren't who you want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    This bitch is the f**king limit!

I hate to swear like that, but I know people that grew up with her in NYC and she is totally full of SHIT!

Her Uncle Morty - aka Steven Spielberg - gave her her first role in Hook, then her Mom and Dad got her an Agent and a Manager.

I can't stand when rich spoiled bitches act like they worked for what they have - I abhor violence but I just want to push this skinny t**t over and kick her in the teeth.

(wow, sorry about all that.)
    ITs OK, Snuffy, she' bring out the worst in a lot of us! Hugs!
    Free Charmed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information