Thread: Lily Cole puts movie career on hold and heads for Cambridge University

Default Lily Cole puts movie career on hold and heads for Cambridge University

Heading to Cambridge: Lily Cole will finally take up her place after deferring for two years

Supermodel Lily Cole has shelved her flourishing movie career to finally take up her place at Cambridge.

Lily, who starred in last year's St Trinian's remake, took TWO gap years but will now study social and political sciences at the university's King's College later this year.

'I've just wrapped filming with Terry Gilliam on The Imaginarium Of Dr Parnassus and I haven't got any more films in the pipeline,' Lily told me at the Time For Peace Awards in London.
    'I'm focusing on modelling this summer, then I start at Cambridge. I'm really excited. It will be a big change, but I can't wait,' said Lily, who will be 20 tomorrow.
    Devon-born Lily, who also models for Marks & Spencer, has been living in New York on and off for two years and bought her first home there earlier this year - a 250,000 one-bedroom apartment in Little Italy.
    A friend says: 'Lily was really settled in New York but she knew it was unlikely the college would hold her place for a third year.'
    Lily scored straight As in her A-levels, gaining top grades in English, philosophy and ethics, and politics at Latymer Upper School in West London.
    Her career began after she was spotted by a modelling scout in a burger bar.
    When he approached her she ran away, convinced he was 'dodgy' but he turned out to be connected to Storm, Kate Moss's modelling agency. Miss Cole was signed up at the age of 14.
    Within days of making her debut at London Fashion Week, fashion labels were clamouring for her to represent them.
    Wrapped: Lily stars alongside the late Heath Ledger in Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus

Cut! Lily Cole puts movie career on hold and heads for Cambridge at last | the Daily Mail

Wonder if the passing of Heath Ledger made her think twice about being in the movie business full time?

I dunno - Brooke Shields bailed out on her career to go to Princeton. She never did recover. This chick looks like an even plainer version of Geri Halliwell. Perhaps she should make hay while the sun shines. There'll be plenty of time for education once she's washed up.

Legs for ages...WOW!

I don't know who she is, but she's so interesting looking. Looks like a living doll.

Thread Information