Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'I can't concentrate in flat shoes,' explains high-heel addict Victoria Beckham

Default 'I can't concentrate in flat shoes,' explains high-heel addict Victoria Beckham

Victoria Beckham's addiction to vertiginous heels doesn't just boost her height, she insists it increases her brain power too.

The 34-year-old, who is never knowingly seen in public without towering stilettos on her feet, says she also avoids the gym because she can't bear to be in trainers.

“I just can't concentrate in flats,” she explained during the second installment of her GMTV interview today.

Scroll down for more...
    Boost: Victoria Beckham, arriving at the BBC in London today, says she 'can't concentrate' in flat shoes

“I could go to the gym if I wore flats, I'd love to go to the gym, but I just can't get my head around the footwear.”

Still, she says she occasionally comes back down to earth.

"When I'm at home with David and the kids I'm always in flip flops," she says.

Yesterday, the former Spice Girl addressed another element of her appearance - her permanently glum expression, saying it is nature, rather than a cranky disposition, that's to blame.

Victoria, who has plenty to smile about - handsome husband, healthy children and millions in the bank - says her stern appearance simply comes down to the structure of her face.

"When I see pictures I do sometimes think 'You miserable cow!' But I think it's just the way my face falls. If people like the way I look then great, and if they don't then fine."
    Scroll down for more...
    Unsporty Spice: Posh, pictured here throwing the first pitch at Dodger Stadium in wedge-heeled trainers, says she avoids the gym because she can’t stand wearing sneakers

Posh is happy on the inside, she insists, declaring that she "loves" her new life in the US.

"You know it's a great place to bring up children. It's great for me and my career. You know, David – it's tough the football because it's completely different - but he went there for a reason, he's trying to change the face of soccer in America."

Of the recent Spice Girls reunion, she says: "I loved the whole social thing about being back with the girls, it was so much fun.
    Scroll down for more...
    Grin and bear it: Posh flashed a rare smile during her interview on GMTV today

"And I loved the kids watching me going 'Wow this is what mummy used to do!' rather than just moaning at them to do their homework and brush their teeth."

But the star has promised to give up her music career once and for all, declaring: "I'm not going to sing anymore – I've hung my microphone up."

Posh, who has left her family in Los Angeles for her promotional visit to London for her dVb denim range, also addressed her friendship with Hollywood heavyweights Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.
    She said: "Do you know we go to lots of different things together and they're great and really normal. And people don't want to hear that, people want to hear that people are weird."

'I can't concentrate in flat shoes,' explains high-heel addict Victoria Beckham | the Daily Mail

Every time I read something new about Victoria I like her more

She looks great when she smiles, I wish she'd do it more often.

I'm here to reiterate that I REALLY LIKE POSH.

So sue me.

Maybe it's just me and my upbringing out in the Australian bush but do people wear shoes around the house...? I never understand that... I go barefoot in my house... and in the garden... I wear shoes when I leave the house, but they come off the minute I walk inside!!!

As for high-heels, I don't wear them cause I can't think in them... something about the fear of falling over and breaking my ankle... oh and the searing pain of having my foot stuffed in a little shoe and teetering on tiptoes for the next few hours... argh!
    vaya con dios

^^ Ditto to all that, Miss Venus.

I bet Tommy boy asked to borrow her high heeled sneakers!

Quote Originally Posted by tamjo54 View Post
    I bet Tommy boy asked to borrow her high heeled sneakers!

Up until I had foot surgery in 2006 (horrible bunion removed) I didn't even own a pair of flats. The lowest heels I owned were 3 inches. I know what she's talking about. I LIVED in heels.

Now I hate to even go outside. I can't wear them anymore (without excruciating pain) and it just drives me nuts.
    Look, sweetheart, I can drink you under any goddamn table you want, so don't worry about me.-"Martha", Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

I bet her feet are jacked up.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I bet her feet are jacked up.
    Oh yeah. Big time. She'll need some robo replacements pretty soon. Sorry, don't like her myrmidon ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MissVenus View Post
    Maybe it's just me and my upbringing out in the Australian bush but do people wear shoes around the house...? I never understand that... I go barefoot in my house... and in the garden... I wear shoes when I leave the house, but they come off the minute I walk inside!!!

As for high-heels, I don't wear them cause I can't think in them... something about the fear of falling over and breaking my ankle... oh and the searing pain of having my foot stuffed in a little shoe and teetering on tiptoes for the next few hours... argh!
    I grew up pretty rurally, it was a challenge for mum to get our shoes on for school. I always used to walk around the house with no shoes, out to the mailbox with no shoes, in the backyard with no shoes and sometimes to the corner shop with no shoes.

Now that our population has dramatically increased and we're seen as a small city, not a 'town', that's changed. I just wear socks or thongs inside and thongs or uggs out to the mailbox.
    ssabmud

I can't see Posh as a person who could concentrate in heels, either. Or in much of anything.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^You took the words right out of my mouth. Frankly, I don't think she concentrates about anything.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    ^You took the words right out of my mouth. Frankly, I don't think she concentrates about anything.

The only thing she concentrates on is herself... And judging by what she looks like now, she can't even do that, right. :\

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information