Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin vents on 60 Minutes

Default Alec Baldwin vents on 60 Minutes

Alec Smarts on "60 Min."
    Posted May 11th 2008 8:42PM by TMZ Staff
    Alec Baldwin vented on "60 Minutes" about the voice mail message to his daughter which TMZ first published. He also trashes Kim Basinger's lawyer.

In the segment, which airs tonight, Baldwin says, "You get so frustrated, and you realized, number one, and it's wrong. It's totally wrong ... that I was really speaking to someone else when I left that message. I was pissed. I had been putting up with this for six years."

As for calling his daughter a "thoughtless little pig," Baldwin thinks the real damage is that the voice mail went public.

Baldwin's venom was targeted at Basinger's lawyer, Judy Bogen. When asked about his comment that she resembled "a 300 pound homunculus with a face like a clinched fist," he said he was being "kind" and that it was not abusive given what she put him through.

Tonight, Bogan's law partner, Neal Hersh, blasted Baldwin, saying, "His personal attacks were socially and morally unacceptable, not to mention inaccurate. He defended his actions rather than take responsibility."

BTW, a homunculus is "a miniature adult that in the theory of preformation is held to inhabit the germ call and to produce a mature individual merely by an increase in size."

Filed under: Celebrity Justice, TV, Alec Baldwin

Unstable, angry pig of a man. He has issues.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

I think it should have been a private matter.

I watched the interview. It wasn't as bad as it seems. He was apologetic for the voicemail thing, and was fairly candid about stuff.

I don't love him, but he didn't come off as a prick imho.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Unstable, angry pig of a man. He has issues.

Yeah, his biggest issue is that miserable cunt of an ex-wife who has been using their kid to rake him over the coals ever since they broke up. She has been interfering with his visitation and doing everything she can to make him look like the bad guy from day one.

I absolutely believe he spoke in frustration ... hell, I've been there myself and have said stuff I shouldn't have. In this instance, I think Basinger is definitely the bad guy because she lost no time in making sure everyone heard that message. And you can bet that not only was she NOT thinking about her daughter, but she was probably gloating that now she would look like the better parent. I think not.

The stupid bitch chose to have a child with Baldwin. She can't turn around now and change her mind. Baldwin deserves to have a relationship with his daughter and she needs to butt the fuck out.

Elite Member

I have a soft spot for Alex, maybe it's his voice.

I like him & I think it should have remained private but Kim is the one who leaked the tape.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Yeah, his biggest issue is that miserable cunt of an ex-wife who has been using their kid to rake him over the coals ever since they broke up. She has been interfering with his visitation and doing everything she can to make him look like the bad guy from day one.

I absolutely believe he spoke in frustration ... hell, I've been there myself and have said stuff I shouldn't have. In this instance, I think Basinger is definitely the bad guy because she lost no time in making sure everyone heard that message. And you can bet that not only was she NOT thinking about her daughter, but she was probably gloating that now she would look like the better parent. I think not.

The stupid bitch chose to have a child with Baldwin. She can't turn around now and change her mind. Baldwin deserves to have a relationship with his daughter and she needs to butt the fuck out
    Bingo
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Any parent who says they have never lost their temper with their kids and said stuff in complete frustration and anger, however wrong it may be, would be LYING.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post

The stupid bitch chose to have a child with Baldwin. She can't turn around now and change her mind. Baldwin deserves to have a relationship with his daughter and she needs to butt the fuck out.
    Yeah, but he chose to have a child with her too. And although I understand his frustration, and I totally agree that message NEVER should have been made public--it's their daughter I really feel for. It must really suck to be the weapon used by parents who despise each other.

... didn't we bomb the Baldwins?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

When TMZ posted that tape, they said it was absolutely not released by Kim, but someone else. Perhaps the teenage daughter had enough and released it herself? You know that wasn't the first time he was verbally abusive.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can forgive him for anything ... he's one of the most talented actors out there. He could blow up a bus full of Nuns, I'd still go see his movies.

Says a lot about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ... didn't we bomb the Baldwins?
    You damned Canadians - always bombing and invading.................

Still waiting for this douche bag to move to France.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information