Thread: Dennis Farina arrested at LA Airport

Default Dennis Farina arrested at LA Airport

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Dennis Farina, a former policeman who built a Hollywood career playing detectives, was arrested on Sunday at Los Angeles International Airport for carrying a loaded gun on his way to board a plane, police said.

Farina, 64, told police he brought the .22 calibre, semi-automatic pistol with him on a drive from Arizona to Los Angeles and forgot it was in his briefcase when he tried to pass through airport security, police said in a statement.
    He was scheduled to take a United Airlines flight to his home in Chicago.
    "Farina was very apologetic and cooperative with officers," police said. "However, he had no apparent authority to carry a concealed weapon at the time of his arrest."
    The actor was initially booked on one misdemeanour count of carrying a loaded firearm and bail was set at $25,000. The charge was upgraded later to a felony after police confirmed the gun was not registered, and bail was raised to $35,000.
    Farina was a Chicago police officer for nearly 20 years before taking up acting in the 1980s. He has starred in movies such as "Get Shorty" and "Sidewalks of New York" and is perhaps best known in the role of New York Detective Joe Fontana on the popular television crime series, "Law & Order."

Actor Dennis Farina arrested at L.A. airport - Yahoo! News UK
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

Aw, gawddammit let him go! He plays a cop on TV and he entertains me, that's good enough reason for me!!

i loved him in Crime Story
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

How do people forget that they have things like this on them?

And why is he carrying a gun in his briefcase?

I like this guy, he's a good actor.

Elite Member

I'd only be surprised if he wasn't carrying a gun - it's so "Dennis Farina" of him.

No harm no foul, doesn't deserve anything more than a verbal warning. In fact why is this even news? He should have been recognized and immediately let off the hook, shame on those who detained and cited him.

what a fucking stupid twit. How ..HOW!! could you NOT be careful of something like that in this day and age? I do not care, if you are carrying a LOADED WEAPON at ANYTIME you cannot just 'forget about it'..stupid fuck should not be allowed to ever have one if he 'forgets' about it to the point where he attempts to take it on a plane.
    He had no authority to have it (concealed), not registered, etc,...and this guy was a cop for 20 years? what a fucking idiot.

Throw the fucking book at his ass just like you would any other imbecile please.!

*and yeah, I like him as an actor, but this is just fucking ridiculous!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Hit By Ban Bus!

As a former cop, carrying a weapon is probably second nature to him. I can believe he may have forgotten about it. After all, he must be aware that you can't board a plane with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    As a former cop, carrying a weapon is probably second nature to him. I can believe he may have forgotten about it. After all, he must be aware that you can't board a plane with a gun.
    And as a former cop, he must be aware of the rules and regulations regarding firearms..like having to be ALLOWED to carry a concealed weapon? Like having to REGISTER the gun? I mean 'duh'. And what idiot forgets they have a LOADED GUN when they are going to board an AIRLINER? I mean wouldn't even the dumbest dolt, when approaching the area to be checked, think to themselves, 'Gee does my dumb ass have anything with me that I should NOT be taking on a plane?'

Inexcusable. Throw the book at him. If anything, being a former cop of 20 years should hold him to a HIGHER standard of conduct, not a lesser one. Again JMHO, YMMV. *GEESUS that TWOP board is affecting me*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I heard this story on the radio this morning. I liked Dennis Farina in Law and Order.

Thread Information