Thread: Sarah Jessica Parker puts family first

Default Sarah Jessica Parker puts family first

Sarah Jessica Parker is in movie promo mode so expect to see a lot more of her talking about the Sex and the City movie over the next few weeks. She worked her best bedhead look for this weekend's issue of Parade. In the interview SJP talks a little about the movie — don't worry, no spoilers — and gets chatty about how much she loves her family. Here are highlights:

• On the SATC movie: “Carrie and Charlotte and Miranda and Samantha aren’t young anymore. Their lives are much less frivolous. They can’t cope with their problems by putting on their sweats and staying up all night and ordering in food and gossiping about the men in their lives. There is less self-absorption but perhaps a little more self-awareness.”
    • On raising James Wilkie: “I was really lucky. I think that if I had been raised a child of privilege, I wouldn’t be the working person I am today. I have a great appreciation for work. I think it’s incumbent on my husband and me to really stress and to show James Wilkie by example what it means to owe your community something and that he is not entitled to the benefits of our hard work. That doesn’t mean that I’m withholding or keeping from him the joys of childhood. I’m not Joan Crawford. But I also don’t want him to think the world he lives in is the real world. It’s not.”
    • On if she'll be with Matthew forever: “I don’t see any way out of it for him. Poor fellow. But my son is so in love with his father. He really worships him, and that changes the way you see somebody and deepens it. The only thing he may love almost as much as his father are Legos and Star Wars and the cast recording of The Full Monty.”
    While we're all anxiously awaiting the release date of SATC, it seems like Mother's Day will be even more special for Sarah Jessica and her boys this year.

Sarah Jessica Parker For Parade Magazine | Sarah Jessica Parker, PARADE | POPSUGAR - Celebrity Gossip & News.

Anytime she talks about her marriage, I always get the feeling they're hanging together by a string.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Gold Member

Wow, Laurent, I really get that feeling, too. Very sad. I really hoped these two would work out.

Even if it IS just a beard marriage.....I think they genuinely like each other and I'd like to see them stick together.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^I agree. There must have been something special between them to take it to the level of marriage.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I want to be an SJP fantard.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I think they genuinely like each other too...but maybe not in love. I don't know.

I have to admit that I am actually looking forward to this movie. And having Cosmo's prior to viewing it.

What on earth is she wearing? that is one seriously ugly outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Even if it IS just a beard marriage.....I think they genuinely like each other and I'd like to see them stick together.
    me too.
    i also think people get that impression because sjp can be quite candid and seems so have a self-deprecating sense of humour instead of the usual celeb gushings of how 'amazing' and story book perfect their lives are...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I like both SJP and Broderick. And as far as being "in love"--pfft, that fades anyway, so you better have some "in like" there too, since that what most marriages boil down to. Great admiration, affection, and respect. And if it's a beard situation, which it very well may be, it is still a great partnership and they seem to have a great deal of affection for each other. I don't want them to break up. They're both so likable.

Why do I have the feeling Sarah will still be posing for pics 20 years from now.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Yeah, I think they genuinely like each other too. Somehow they look like if anyone could, they truly make a beard marriage work.

Thread Information