Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Jones lashes out at Barbara Walters about memoir

Default Star Jones lashes out at Barbara Walters about memoir

Star Jones lashes out at Barbara Walters about memoir - omg! news on Yahoo!

(sorry "feud" is NOT over)

NEW YORK - Nearly two years after Star Jones left "The View" on rocky terms, the 46-year-old TV personality has criticized former boss Barbara Walters for writing about her.
    In Walters' new memoir, "Audition," she discusses how Jones wouldn't acknowledge her gastric bypass surgery on the air. She also writes about Jones' lavish wedding, which wound up alienating viewers as Jones accepted gifts in return for promotion.
    "It is a sad day when an icon like Barbara Walters, in the sunset of her life, is reduced to publicly branding herself as an adulterer, humiliating an innocent family with accounts of her illicit affair and speaking negatively against me all for the sake of selling a book. It speaks to her true character," Jones told Us Weekly magazine.
    Jones' publicist, Brad Zeifman, said Jones wouldn't comment further.
    Walters reveals in the book that she had a past affair with married U.S. Sen. Edward Brooke that lasted several years in the 1970s.
    The details about Jones are less juicy, but shed light on what happened behind the scenes on "The View" when Jones refused to publicly acknowledge the gastric bypass surgery she had in 2003.
    Walters says Jones, who'd dropped 160 pounds in three years, changed her mind after telling Walters she'd talk about the procedure on the program. Walters says she didn't want to be the "poster child" for the procedure.
    "I understood that, but it put us all in a terrible position," Walters writes. "It meant we virtually had to lie for Star, especially when she said again and again on the air that her weight loss was due primarily to portion control and Pilates. ... Joy (Behar), in particular, resented having to go along with the lie that implied that all one needed to do was sit-ups and ingest one cookie instead of two."
    Jones confirmed her surgery last year in a first-person essay in Glamour magazine. She said she "was scared of what people might think," and "ashamed at not being able to get (herself) under control without this procedure."
    In March, Jones quietly filed for divorce from banker Al Reynolds. The couple married in November 2004.

Star is a total bitch, and tough shit bitch-this is what you get when you HIDE THE OBVIOUS TRUTH and make people basically lie for you, ya ugly bitch. Oh, and all of that 'humiliating' and 'speaking negatively'..please bitch what are you doing just now? At least Babs did not whore her marriage(to an obviously gay man.another lie there STAR?) out! STFU!

*I hope this brings all the women of that show together and they bning out the long sharp knives and carve up a bitch Star!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Ol'Babs told the truth. It's not like we hadn't figured it out anyway. That is a tiny portion of the book and I hardly think anyone would rely on Star Jones Sideshow to actually sell books!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

but babs DID rely on her star gossip and the fact that SHE(BABS) is a OLD CRUSTY CUNT !!!!!!! BABS IS FAKE

No such thing as bad publicity, I guess.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

They both suck.
    She wanted to pretend she didn't have a bypass surgery and sell her wedding on tv/have it endorsed and Babs is a back-stabbing bitch.
    Both of them suck ass.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Here's the thing though; wasn't her weight loss due to smaller portions and exercise? Gastric bypass; doesn't that make it so you can't eat as much which would be smaller portions? It's not the whole truth but who's business is it anyway?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Al Reynolds was a banker? Was anyone aware before now that he ever had a job?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Star is a whiner. fuck her.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Al Reynolds was a banker? Was anyone aware before now that he ever had a job?
    Yeah, she always bragged about him being a successful banker for a well known firm. However, I think not even a year into the marriage he ended his position!

Oh, Star please crawl back into your crypt..we don't care, it's not like the old balding bat is lying on you, now is it?!?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Yeah, she always bragged about him being a successful banker for a well known firm. However, I think not even a year into the marriage he ended his position!
    Well,sure! His allowance from her was no doubt larger than a salary!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

I nominate Star the Ugliest Bitch Alive, and Babwa is the runner up.

I wonder if Joy is ticked at being dragged in to this too.

The Enquirer claims that Star and Al are now squaring off over her 10 million fortune. Amazing that she could make 10 million.

Elite Member

I think Baba is a bithc for dragging this married guy into it to make a buck - she doesn't need the money - what a greedy bithc she is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information