Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Director Rob Cohen slams Rachel Weisz

Default Director Rob Cohen slams Rachel Weisz

Director Rob Cohen has criticized British actress Rachel Weiszfor refusing to return for the third installment of The Mummy trilogy. The 37-year-old shot to international stardom after appearing in 1999's original movie The Mummy.

And, despite appearing in 2001 follow-up The Mummy Return, she turned down a role in the forthcoming sequel The Mummu: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - blaming the location for her decision. Her representative insisted the actress didn't feel comfortable spending five months shooting in China as her son Henry is not yet two years old. But the film's director Cohen claims she actually turned down the part because movie bosses had made her character too old.

He tells Britain's Heat magazine, "I got a very angry phone from her agent, saying she'll never play the mother of a 21-year-old. I said, 'OK, good, fine, bye.'" Weisz has been replaced by Maria Bello in The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor, which is due for release later this year.

Source starpulse
    ..and I mean that from the heart of my bottom..

Rob Cohen needs to go suck a fuck. Rachel is a star now, why on earth would she do a third installment of an action flick when she is known as a serious actress now? That would be like George Clooney going to do another episode of Roseanne. It just ain't happening.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

serious actress? Constantine with Keanu? Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal high profile....
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Constantin was before she made her mark in The Constant Gardener.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't know about serious actress, but she has 2 good points, whatever the reason for turning down the role. 1-she shouldn't have to leave her kid, OR take him to China if she doesn't want to. 2-with the way Hollywood treats women, if she takes the part of the mother of a 21 yr old, at 37! she'll be typecast from then on and will be looked upon as "too old" for many other parts.

So she doesn't want to do a sequel, so what? I love Rachel Weisz. Maria Bello's career has been on the same low plateau for years now. She can co-star with *snort laugh* Brendan Fraser *snort laugh*.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    serious actress? Constantine with Keanu? Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal high profile....
    Don't forget her other serious role as lead heaving cleavage woman in Confidence.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I think she also had scheduling conflict as well- shes going to be in The Lovely Bones which will be directed by Peter Jackson. Personally she made the right choice than a hammy sequel to The Mummy.

Weisz just doesn't strike me as being spiteful or bitchy. I haven't heard any reports that she is, either.

Meanwhile, I think she'd make an EXCELLENT Tuppence, if someone remade all the Tommy & Tuppence mysteries.

I wouldn't beleive she's the mother of a 21 year old
    No matter what the story line is

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I think she also had scheduling conflict as well- shes going to be in The Lovely Bones which will be directed by Peter Jackson. Personally she made the right choice than a hammy sequel to The Mummy.
    I might be wrong, but isn't that already done filming? Remember Ryan Gosling backed out a while ago because he was too young to play the father?

Yeah sorry- I forgot to say that both movies (The Mummy 3 is coming out in a few months ) were shooting roughly at the same time. And LMAO about Ryan Gosling, I think he also put on a ton of weight as well lol

Hi! I'm New Here!

Rob Cohen is lying though his teeth and i can prove it because he himself said in his blog that he never met or talked to Rachel and that she left the series after the Mummy returns. So why would Rachel's agent call him about the sons age in the film if she was not apart of the film in the first place?

Here is the link that contradicts his comments:

Rob Cohen The Mummy Blog :: UP AND RUNNING

"A few of you have inquired about Rachel
    Weisz
    and this deserves a response. Rachel decided to leave the franchise many years ago, after "The Mummy 2" finished shooting. We all had hopes that she would change her mind but I never had the opportunity to meet her or talk to her."

What you are hearing is sour grapes from a director who is trying to get publicity for his film by bashing an actress who left the production because she did not like the script, a script that has been bash in certain circles by those who have read it.

This link not only reviews the script but has an insider in the production of Mummy 3 that explains why Rachel left the film.

"IESB.net - Movie News, Reviews, Interviews and More! - Mummy 3 Has Been Cursed!"

"Kudos to Rachel
    Weisz
    for jumping ship on this ancient turd in the making, really well done. So while the official word has been that her schedule would not allow her to return to the third film, sources close to actress have said that the script was the real reason why she did not come back"

And here are more sources that confirmed Rachel leaving because of the script

From
    Eonline
    : E! - The Awful Truth - Public Displays of Affliction - Elizabeth Hurley | Diane Keaton | Mandy Moore | Jessica Biel | Edward Norton | Star Jones | Jon Bon Jovi | Brendan Fraser | Rachel Weisz | Alec Baldwin | Kate Moss | Guy Pearce

Mum's the Word?

Remember those fun Mummy movies with Brendan Fraser and Rachel
    Weisz
    ? The first installment was happening, the second one not so much, but both made some pretty big bank. Enough so that Universal was
    hopin
    ’ to squeeze a third flick out of the franchise. ‘Course, there’s been talk of this Egyptian redo stuff for some time. First, it was reported early last year that both Brendan and
    Rach
    wouldn’t reprise their roles. Then there were
    mouthings
    in September that B.F. had signed back on. And now I’m hearing there are more back-'n'-forth machinations regarding the mummified redo attempts.

According to inside busybody beetles on the project, both stars are on the verge of walking off from discussions...but for different reasons. The Oscar-winning
    Rach
    is reportedly less than thrilled with the script.
    "It’s basically a very bad repeat of the first two films but without the charm or wit," say loose-lipped insiders unafraid of big-studio voodoo curses for blabbers.
    And I’m told Brendan—on the other cash-siphoning hand—wants a bigger paycheck and more back-end profits than Universal is willing to offer.

And here are more that confirmed that story:

Rachel Weisz Leaves Mummy 3

The Mummy 3 May Be In Trouble

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

slow news day i see.....................

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    slow news day i see.....................

Seriously if Spielberg was doing a movie about a 45 year old mother of 2 in Tibet - she'd be there with bells on. The Mummy 3 sounds a little bit too much like Police Academy 4 at this point - go ask Sharon Stone how much that one helped her career.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information