Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barbara Walters: Star Jones made us cover up her gastric bypass

Default Barbara Walters: Star Jones made us cover up her gastric bypass

Barbara Walters: Star Jones Made Us Cover-up Her Gastric Bypass
    Tuesday May 6, 2008

Charles Eshelman/FilmMagic; Michael Tran/FilmMagicBuzz up!

Star Jones had her View co-hosts cover-up her gastric bypass surgery.
    "She decided to have a gastric bypass operation, but then she decided not to tell anybody," Barbara Walters said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey airing Tuesday.
    "Then we had to lie on the set everyday because she said it was portion control and Pilates," Walters said. "Well, we knew it wasn't portion control and Pilates."
    Winfrey responded, "We in the audience go, that's some damn Pilates teacher!"
    Walters – who is on a press tour for her memoir, Audition, in which she admits to an affair with a married senator in the '70s – also told Winfrey she has no regrets over on-air spats with former View co-host Rosie O'Donnell.

Usmagazine.com | Barbara Walters: Star Jones Made Us Cover-up Her Gastric Bypass
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I don't understand why Star wouldn't just say it. I don't think anybody would have cared.

There was no way you could drop that much weight so quickly with portion control and pilates. I thought everyone knew she had a gastric bypass...it was only Star that thought she was fooling people.

I want to know what she said about Rosie.

Gah, I hate Starzilla, but . . .

Truthfully, I don't recall her saying she lost that weight through "portion control and Pilates." I remember her tap dancing all around what she'd done by saying her doctor had to medically intervene without saying she had GB surgery.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Ah, stfu babs. No one "makes" you do anything. And Babs was supposed be running the show; she could have just blabbed it out and pissed Star off. She left anyway, so who would have cared?

And you can lose weight a lot faster on meth than you can by getting a gastric bypass. Not that I advocate meth or anything.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

She should have made them cover up her face.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Here's a little more info from The New York Daily News site:

May 1, 2008

Walters is also candid about her dicey relationship with former "The View" co-host Jones. When Jones refused to admit publicly that she had gastric bypass surgery to lose weight, her co-workers were forced to lie for her.

"Joy [Behar], in particular, resented having to go along with a lie that implied all one needed to do was situps and ingest one cookie instead of two," Walters says.

Jones' downfall came when she publicized her lavish wedding to Al Reynolds on the show and accepted free gifts for the nuptials in return for promoting the stores on-air.

The wedding, Walters says, turned Jones from the most popular person on the show to the most loathed.

That's when ABC decided not to renew her contract and Jones gave an interview to People magazine saying she had been fired to make room for O'Donnell.

"Star seemed to have a difficult time finding another job. I still feel it might have been easier for her to find a new position if she had left the program in the graceful way we had suggested," Walters writes.

Walters says the show probably never would have reached out to O'Donnell if Jones had remained on the program because there was such bad blood between the two women.

The network was worried that O'Donnell would be too "volatile" a personality, but Walters vouched for her and lobbied to get her on the show.

The tides soon turned against O'Donnell, too, as O'Donnell quickly became a diva on and off the set, Walters says.

"The premise of 'The View' is that of a team working together, but for Rosie it was more like Diana Ross and the Supremes, as little by little she took over," Walters says.

Members of the crew were so fed up with the comedian that they threatened to boycott the show's Christmas party, Walters writes.

O'Donnell quickly amped up ratings by creating a feud with Donald Trump.

"If the result of the Trump feud was higher ratings, it also meant that Rosie seemed to be enjoying feuds," Walters writes.

O'Donnell was livid that Walters didn't come to her defense against Trump.

"To my amazement she angrily berated me in the dressing room for not defending her enough," Walters says.

O'Donnell left the show soon after, informing Walters by e-mail she wouldn't be returning.

Source: Barbara Walters: I had an affair with married Senator Edward Brooke
    Last edited by Elvira; May 6th, 2008 at 08:17 PM.

Elite Member

That's it Barbara - stab her in the back when you want to sell a book - ugh!

i am watching the interview, and that story doesnt go into as much detail as Babs did on the show. star sucks.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I thought the view was Barbara's show? and Starletta is telling them what to do? Oh okay...

I don't know who the hell was gullible enough to believe that Star's fats ass lost all that weight so damn fast by portion control and pilates. She said on numerous occasions on the View that she was losing weight that way.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I remember Star saying that she was just watching what she ate and blah blah blah....not admitting to surgery.

And not that I care necessarily, but she's such a bitch, it just makes it THAT much worse in my book.

The women at that show seem so bitchy, talking of bitchy...

Star and her bug eyes make me hurl

Yep, all these women give women a bad name. WTF happened to being a professional? WTF happened to not stabbing people in the back, lying or being a diva? They should all be ashamed of themselves, Babs included.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information