Thread: 'I want to adopt an African baby like Madonna,' says Joely Richardson

Default 'I want to adopt an African baby like Madonna,' says Joely Richardson

While Joely Richardson has most things in life a woman could ask for, she has revealed there's something missing in her life - another baby.

The Nip/Tuck actress has admitted she is considering adoption after visiting Malawi to help raise awareness about the lack of fresh water in the country.
    Admitting she had concerns about "doing a Madonna" the U.S based star said with her daughter Daisy now aged 16, she was considering giving a disadvantaged child a better life.
    Scroll down for more...
    Concern: The Nip/Tuck actress visited Malawi two months ago to help raise awareness about the lack of fresh water in the country

Inspired: the actress was touched by the plight of orphans in the African country and is now considering adoption

Madonna adopted son David from Malawi in 2006

"I would love to adopt. My daughter Daisy is a teenager and becoming self-reliant and I have a lot of friends who had adopted," she tells Closer.
    The actress touched by the plight of orphans after she visited the African country two months ago as part of the Be Water Wise with Ariel campaign which is donating 10 litres of safe drinking water to children in developing countries for every promotional pack of purchased.

"I was almost in tears on a hospital visit because there were two or three babies to each cot, but I told myself that crying wouldn't help anyone."
    The 42-year-old also revealed her only concern was whether it was "natural" to take a child out of its natural environment. Joely whose mother is actress Vanessa Redgrave, has always been intensely private when it comes to her own daughter Daisy, from her marriage to film producer Tim Bevan who she divorced in 2001.

'I want to adopt an African baby like Madonna,' says Joely Richardson | the Daily Mail

African babies are the new Manolo Blahniks.

Default Adoption is so last year darling

If she's fast, she can be the first kid on her block to have one! I notice that she said "like Madonna" instead of "Like Angelina". So Brangie really is old news. Say, does anyone remember an old episode of Absolutely Fabulous, where Edwina decides that inter racial babies are the latest chic accessory?? Not that I'm accusing the show folk of being vain and shallow, or calling their motives into question. It's just that the phrase "Celebrity Impulse Adoption" keeps coming to mind.

BTW anyone hear how Meg Ryan's adoption is working out? I seem to have read somewhere that the novelty is wearing off. Then again Ryan can be a head case (as if you couldn't tell just by looking at all that awful plastic surgery). I hear that ex Denis Quaid even bought her stalker a drink!

After your first two adoptions, you're third one is free!

^ what a deal!!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Like Madonna? Oh the take it home and try it out first method? If she likes little Malawi maybe Guy will hand him over to her, doesn't seem like Madge is in hurry to adopt.

WTH is she and why do we care?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Joely needs to deal with her anorexia and her daughter's illness and not be adopting babies. Jesus, look at her in those pictures. Her hair is white and falling out!
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Thread Information