Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selfish anorexic Nicole Richie misses parties and blow, blames kid

Cool Selfish anorexic Nicole Richie misses parties and blow, blames kid

Nicole Richie misses going out partying since giving birth to daughter Harlow in January.

(BANG) -

Nicole Richie misses going out and partying since becoming a mother.

The 26-year-old socialite - who gave birth to daughter Harlow in January - is struggling to deal with her new responsibilities as a parent.

A source told America's Star magazine: "Nicole is torn between being a mommy and being a party girl. She wants to go out and have fun, but when she does, she's like, 'Uh-oh, Harlow needs me.'

"She really misses her carefree life. Before Harlow came along, Nicole never had to worry about anything. All she did was party with her friends and go shopping. Now she's totally overwhelmed by her new responsibility, even though she adores her daughter. Nicole still can't figure out if she's happier when she's home with the baby or hitting the town with her friends!"

Nicole previously said having a child with her Good Charlotte rocker fiance Joel Madden had helped her to "move on" from her party girl reputation.

(C) BANG Media International

Nicole Richie pines for parties : Bang : CelebEdge : Sympatico / MSN
    Just hand the thing off to a nanny, you can afford it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hello Nicole, welcome to Motherhood.

WE ALL WANT THAT YOU SHIT HEAD.

I wonder if she'll stay clean.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Probably another bullshit story but at the end of the day she's feeling the same conflicts any new mother feels so how is this newsworthy?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

How many mothers do you know that didn't have jobs, lived on daddies money and spent all day shopping and snorting lines? lol
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I wonder if she'll stay clean.
    Nah. The whole "Motherhood has changed me" crap is....well, just that. Crap. It's like she got a new toy and now she's bored with it. Idiot.

^Gimm, a lot....any child that's pregnant under the age of 18......maybe minus the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Nah. The whole "Motherhood has changed me" crap is....well, just that. Crap. It's like she got a new toy and now she's bored with it. Idiot.
    ITA ! I think that when she says motherhood totally changed her, she's only trying to convince herself that she doesn't hear the call of the hard partying anymore. Having a baby doesn't turn you all of the sudden into an angel !
    Live - Laugh - Love

Look, as a mother I can tell you that when I had my first kid I mourned the loss of my free-spirited, non-motherhood lifestye. And hell yeah, I resented that little heathen at times when I had to miss things that I normally would ahve been able to take part in. This is a pretty normal thing fora new mother to go through. Having a baby means a major adjustment and, at times, isn't nearly as much fun as it's cracked up to be.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

See, this is why so many childfree people are defensive. We know what motherhood/parenthood involves. We have actually stopped to think about how it will change our lives and we are smart enough to realize it won't be 'different' just because it's us. We don't lie to ourselves and say that we'll be the cool moms and that the dad will be a 50/50 parent and that our lives will go on the same as before. We've actually thought about it and whenever some parent tells me I don't know what I'm missing it takes a lot of effort to not laugh out loud. It makes us defensive because it is amazing how many people feel the need to unload all this negative baggage onto you or who feel the need to judge you like they already know you are a __________(insert your choice of insulting adjective) kind of person.

That said, the posters here are really amazing and I'm very impressed with the open mindedness of most posters here, parents and non-parents. I have a lot of respect for the moms here who love their kids and love being parents to them but who still have the backbone to admit that it isn't all rainbows and sunshine. Those kinds of people make the best parents anyway and have the best kids to show for it. God help us when we encounter one of the "I'm very fulfilled, this is the most important/fulfilling thing EVER, best thing I've ever done, you don't know love/happiness/whatever until you've had a child" types who don't realize they are the same ones who are always bitching about how it must be nice for me to sleep in on Saturday or go to a concert on a whim, or have white carpet...because you can't do any of that when you have keeeeuuuuuds..They are the ones always complaining about how they are limited, strapped for cash, tired, etc. and then they try to cover it up with the 'but it's all wooooorth it' line.

To say i love my kids is the understatement of the century..BUT,many is the times i stop and think how my life would be if i stayed child less.
    I ll be honest to admit this happens when i look back and realize that i ve lost my self in them..
    I dont regret having them..i can see more clearly now,that is all..
    In my days you were supposed to be a mother..no options.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

see that's why i dont have kids.

1) I don't have the patience.

2) I'm fucking lazy

3) I don't want to give up my freedom

4) I'm selfish, I don't want to sacrifice MY life to make sure someone elses gets going, only to have them do the same for their kids. Barf. I only get one life and I want to live it my way, not at the whims of kids.

Whatever.

She can just hire a Nanny...then we'll have good ol' Nicole back!

Excellent comments, Crumpet and Effie! I too sit and wonder at times what my life would have been like or even wonder what it would have been like it I had stopped at one little heathen. At the end of the day I know my life is better because of them but that doesn't mean I, in the deepest part of me, sometimes don't contemplate not having had them. I'm human. We all are.

--Sinclair Lewis

I have met maybe 2-3 moms total, in my life, that have said 'its the greatest thing in the world'...referring to Motherhood.

One of them came to visit me when my first was about 3 months old and said 'see, isn't it the greatest thing in the world?' and I literally, no joke, almost punched her in the face.

Any woman who says that they didn't mourn their prior lives, and never thinks about what their lives would have been like if they had never had kids is LYING.

I believe Nicole DOES feel these things, completely normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information