Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Why it's never too late to go under the tattooist's needle,' says Susan Sarandon

Default 'Why it's never too late to go under the tattooist's needle,' says Susan Sarandon

It is a look seldom associated with more mature showbusiness stars.

But 61-year-old Susan Sarandon clearly feels it is never too late to go under the tattooists' needle.

The Oscar-winning star of such cult chick flicks as Thelma And Louise and The Witches of Eastwick has unveiled a 10-inch-long tattoo on her back and another on her wrist. Scroll down for more...
    Body art: The marking are the first letters of Susan Sarandon's three children's names

The inked markings, which she had done just a few weeks ago, represent the first letters of her three children's names.
    She follows others like Angelina Jolie and The Beckhams who have similarly have their children celebrated with so-called "body art". But of course, the actress is twice their age.
    And the reason she gives? "Why not? I turned 60 and after a while you think, 'Well I've only got my body for a few more years anyway'."
    Sarandon has two children, Jack Henry, 18, and Miles Guthrie, 16, with long-term partner, the Oscar-winning actor Tim Robbins.
    Her third child, Eva Amurri, 23, is from her previous relationship with director Franco Amurri. Scroll down for more...
    And another: The actress has a tattorr on her right wrist too (inset). They are all recent

Clearly proud of the fact she gushed: "I got my first tattoos recently. One around my wrist reads 'E' and 'A' (which stands for Eva Amurri).
    "And I have a big one on my back which is my kids' initials intertwined. It's on my back so I don't see it but I know they are always there."
    The three intertwined gothic-style letters start with "M" at the top, which links to an "E" in the middle and finally "J" further down.
    While her care-free attitude may surprise some of her more mature fans, onlookers at the London premiere of her latest film this week were equally taken aback by her remarkably wrinkle-free appearance.
    Though any suggestion that she has enlisted the help of a surgeon are apparently wide of the mark.
    Asked the secret of her youthful look, she replied: "I have a young husband, I have young kids," added Sarandon.
    "I don't smoke, I have lots of water, do a fair amount of activity and have good genes.
    "I live in New York and there is not so much anxiety there to look good and that helps."
    Asked whether she would ever have surgery she said: "I never say never. But there are certain people who can do it within the bounds of fixing a little something here or there.
    "It's when people start looking like somebody else, their lips start to get weird, or they are younger looking at 65 than they were at 30 and they have that burns victim terrified look, that's just bad taste."
    Miss Sarandon has a long way to go before she can match Angelina Jolie's collection of tattoos.
    The 32-year-old actress has more than a dozen designs adorning her body, including the geographical coordinates of her children's birthplaces on he upper arm.
    Others celebrating their children in such body art include The Beckhams. Victoria has three stars on her back representing her three sons while David has their names - Romeo, Brooklyn and Cruz - also on his back. scroll down for more...
    Susan as she appeared alongside Geena Davis in iconic chick flick Thelma and Louise (1991)

Dave Turner, a professional tattooist with 44 years experience said: "People coming in for tattoos of family names and initials is increasingly common.
    "But celebrities getting tattoos on their neck are just setting a bad example. It's monkey see, monkey do and most employers now will not employ people who have visible tattoos. "If film stars want to cover up their tattoos, it is very difficult, even with the make up they have available now. Tattoos begin to fade every seven years or so. After that, they begin to look old."

'Why it's never too late to go under the tattooists needle,' says actress Susan Sarandon, 61 | the Daily Mail

And the reason she gives? "Why not? I turned 60 and after a while you think, 'Well I've only got my body for a few more years anyway'."
    Well, I agree: she can do what she wants with her body, regardless of her age.
    Huge fake ugly looking boobs do not count, though...

Susan Sarrandon's boobs aren't fake.

I love this broad.
    ssabmud

at least she wasn't showing off a tramp stamp

Silver Member

Good for her.

Just because you've hit 60 doesn't mean that you should break out the blue rinse and twin sets.
    You just smile and roll your eyes to the back of your head.

Really, there's been a debate on her boobs? They were certainly real in the beginning of her career when she was topless in a couple of movies. Maybe she did a little lift and refill later in life or something but they look pretty natural to me.

Elite Member

Good for her! I love her too.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Klassay!! She always wears the worst, dowdiest shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    at least she wasn't showing off a tramp stamp
    i wonder how many people regret that.

OK,i am her age and i want a tatoo,just scared shitless of needles.
    Kill me now..lol.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm sick of the tattoo trend. To many people are sporting sleeves and some look like they got it from their friend at a all night bender.

When you get older you don't have to look frumpy and compared to Helen Mirren she looks frumpy. btw her old man is a dweeb

^ It's not that bad, Effie.
    You can do it.

another one desperate to hang onto youth

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Yeah, tattoos are sooo edgy, y'all. Sooo rebellious and mysterious............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information