Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie beat Oprah Winfrey on Time's 100 Most Influential list

Default Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie beat Oprah Winfrey on Time's 100 Most Influential list

Brangelina Beat Oprah on Time's 100 Most Influential List
    Friday May 2, 2008

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt arrive at the 2008 Film Independent's Spirit Awards on February 23, 2008 in Santa Monica, California.
    Steve Granitz/WireImage.comBuzz up!

Love them or hate them, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are pretty influential, according to Time.
    The pair ranked No. 21 on the magazine's 2008 list of the world's 100 most influential people.
    In an article written by George Clooney, the actor writes, "It is one thing to talk about the problems of the world and quite another to actually try to change things."
    He goes on to talk about their work in Pakistan, how "they have tended to the poor and sick in Africa" and how they shelled out $1 million for the victims in Darfur, among other humanitarian efforts.
    Says Clooney, "The couple cares for three adopted children , from Cambodia, Ethiopia and Vietnam, in addition to their biological daughter.
    "There are hundreds of people who could be honored for their good works, but I've seen Brad and Angelina firsthand, and their commitment together is truly impressive," he adds.
    The couple beat out Oprah Winfrey, who came in at No. 22.
    Embattled teen queen Miley Cyrus was No. 59.
    See the complete list here.

Usmagazine.com | Brangelina Beat Oprah on Time's 100 Most Influential List
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I had a feeling that Angelina was a beater, but Brad too? And to beat Oprah? That takes some balls- prolly Ang's since hers are bigger than Brad's.

Brangelina are the most influential---for making me vomit.

Yeah, they tend to the poor and sick in Africa by flying out, and staying in 4-star hotel, doing photo ops and then congratulating themselves for it, and then leaving.

They're just as bad as Oprah. I'd say it's a tie. They're equally phony.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Brangelina are the most influential---for making me vomit.

Yeah, they tend to the poor and sick in Africa by flying out, and staying in 4-star hotel, doing photo ops and then congratulating themselves for it, and then leaving.

They're just as bad as Oprah. I'd say it's a tie. They're equally phony.
    Nail meet head.

Glad to see you back, Lily! And great news about your move, life, etc. I wish you all the best!

Good for them.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Looks like the Mighty O has jumped the shark without a net! Taking on the GMD as a "misunderstood" victim will hopefully be more than even the minivan minority can take. She has gotten odder and odder over the last few years and her crazy is beginning to show just based on the topics she is taking on and the relationships she has with these odd alleged doctors. Devoting two hours to Captain Lunacy is over the top to start with but using the premise of an anniversary of a half assed movie I'm certain many people never saw as the reaoning in doing this is the bigger faux pas. Sounds like O has drunk the Kool Aid or now believes she is a goddess. However, the bad side of me wants to think its all part of the Master Plan to unseat the GMD once and for all. Time will tell but I ain't watching.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

You mean, Tom Cruise isn't the Most Influential? No way!!! LOL.
    Oprah is going to be pissed she was beat out by Brangelina.
    Angie's bump is so cute.

How exactly are jolie and Pitt influential? They influence gossip rags sales?

I mean, it's not like due to these two actors, we have world change.

These lists are hysterical
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; May 2nd, 2008 at 12:14 PM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

If they were not celebs people would be singing their praises as it is even the most ardent curmudgeons should recognize their "good works" It's there in facts and figures, 1/3 of their earnings goes to charity - they spend their time getting their hands dirty trying to help others.... why are they phoeny because celebs can't be good people too? Celebs are people, some good some bad. Jolies past hangs around her neck like a albatross.

At least they don't stick a O on everything. I wonder if Oprah had done more than stick her O on that school in Africa if the girls would have been abused.. and it went on for a while not just once. I'm over Oprah, her God complex is just to much. Notice how Tom Cruise and Oprah both consider themselves Gods, I guess when you have as much money and celebrity as they have there is nothing left but to call yourself a God.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    If they were not celebs people would be singing their praises as it is even the most ardent curmudgeons should recognize their "good works" It's there in facts and figures, 1/3 of their earnings goes to charity - they spend their time getting their hands dirty trying to help others.... why are they phoeny because celebs can't be good people too? Celebs are people, some good some bad. Jolies past hangs around her neck like a albatross.
    Reports from people in these countries--and other reporters--claim that Jolie and Wimpy Brad show up, are condescending, make demands, do the photo shoots, and leave.

1/3 of their earnings to charity? Give me a break. They don't do anything. They collect children, they lie, they're both self-absorbed talentless hacks who need attention all the time. Angelina has always been a stupid bitch, now she's just a canonized stupid bitch. She's a phony, and I'm surprised people buy into her act. Brad doesn't have half a brain cell in his head. Angelina is a liar and her stories change all the time. She doesn't care about these people she claims to be "helping"--she exploits them. She's not helping anyone. She's also dumber than a box of hair. She's the worst kind of attention whore--the kind who claims to be doing good, and uses the misfortune of others to get the world to worship her. She's spent more than 1/3 of her earnings on carving up her face. She should spend some of that money on some food, and maybe a house where she can give her "children" stability and a real life, instead of carting them around like a bunch of trophies.

Other people do far, far more to help those in need. These two could learn a lesson in humility and real selflessness.

I think these two are over exposed and over rated. Yes they seem to make others aware of certain situations in society and in other parts of the world but as for being one of the most influential I think there are many, many more people out there that are probably more influential then them. Off the top of my head at least 21 people.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    I think these two are over exposed and over rated. Yes they seem to make others aware of certain situations in society and in other parts of the world but as for being one of the most influential I think there are many, many more people out there that are probably more influential then them. Off the top of my head at least 21 people.
    who

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Reports from people in these countries--and other reporters--claim that Jolie and Wimpy Brad show up, are condescending, make demands, do the photo shoots, and leave.

1/3 of their earnings to charity? Give me a break. They don't do anything. They collect children, they lie, they're both self-absorbed talentless hacks who need attention all the time. Angelina has always been a stupid bitch, now she's just a canonized stupid bitch. She's a phony, and I'm surprised people buy into her act. Brad doesn't have half a brain cell in his head. Angelina is a liar and her stories change all the time. She doesn't care about these people she claims to be "helping"--she exploits them. She's not helping anyone. She's also dumber than a box of hair. She's the worst kind of attention whore--the kind who claims to be doing good, and uses the misfortune of others to get the world to worship her. She's spent more than 1/3 of her earnings on carving up her face. She should spend some of that money on some food, and maybe a house where she can give her "children" stability and a real life, instead of carting them around like a bunch of trophies.

Other people do far, far more to help those in need. These two could learn a lesson in humility and real selflessness.
    now lily you shouldn't keep your feelings about them so bottled up. It can't be healthy. Don't care for them huh. LOL
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    who
    at least the 20 people who were above them on the list if they are rated 21. LOL

in all seriousness there are people out there developing cures for diseases etc who are influential when society uses those cures etc.
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    at least the 20 people who were above them on the list if they are rated 21.
    Putin killed his own people...... he's influential but not in a good way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information