Thread: Kids used to sell underwear in Disney billboard

Default Kids used to sell underwear in Disney billboard

Slate’s Daniel Brook in Beijing, China took this picture of a billboard approved by Disney which uses a clearly underage girl to sell matching bra and panties. The image is licensed by Disney who made the following statement when they saw the billboard picture:
    "It has caught us totally by surprise," [a Disney spokesman] told me by phone from Guangzhou… "We have literally hundreds of licensees making our products. They are supposed to submit any kind of imagery to us before it is used, but it’s hard to enforce that sometimes."
    "I don’t want to make excuses for them at all because it is not anything that we would ever approve, but in other parts of the world this is not unusual at all… In fact, in Europe, they have similar type of taste, if you will. Here in China that’s not unusual at all, but it’s not usual for the Disney brand."
    Disney appears to make exceptions if the market taste supports the image used. Some might argue that Miley Cyrus posed in a sexually suggestive manner. However a picture of a young girl in pigtails, puppets on her hands, and wearing only a bra and panties, seems to be more of a pedophile’s fantasy, rather than a way to get young girls to buy Disney’s bra and panty sets, and yet Disney isn’t demanding those ads to be removed. In a way Disney doesn’t really have to be concerned about the Miley Vanity Fair pictures at all, because no where in the pictures does it say Disney. Public opinion, on the other hand, appears to be divided 50/50 on whether sexually suggestive pictures are appropriate for a 15 year-old.
    In light of these ads in Beijing which use the Disney name on them, Disney might want to apologize to Vanity Fair for saying about them at the time:
    "A situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines."
    Disney is starting to look more and more like self righteous hypocrites

source: Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors celebrity scandals Hollywood gossip blog from Hollywood Grind

I'm not going to post pictures but you follow the link.
    ..and I mean that from the heart of my bottom..

SVZ

OK why would Disney have a picture of a kid lying in a bikini on a fur rug in the first place?

Thread Information