Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Actor Jim Carrey dons white jeans, fake tan, and a tight T-shirt for gay film role

Default Actor Jim Carrey dons white jeans, fake tan, and a tight T-shirt for gay film role

These are the first pictures of a very camp-looking Carrey in character for his role in prison break comedy I Love You Phillip Morris.

Dressed in a tight black T-shirt, white jeans, a huge gold lion's head buckle on his belt, and a liberal helping of fake tan, comedy star Carrey is almost unrecognisable.
    Carrey is seen here during filming getting to grips with actor Rodrigo Santoro, with his hand on his co-stars behind.

Scroll down for more...

Carrey on camping: Jim Carrey plays a prisoner who falls in love with his cellmate in prison break romp. His cellmate is played by British actor Ewan McGregor

In the film, which is based on a true story, he plays a con artist who is sent to prison where he falls in love with his cellmate Phillip Morris.

His cellmate is played by British actor Ewan McGregor in the forthcoming movie from the makers of the film Bad Santa.
    McGregor's character is freed from jail, while Carrey's character Steven Russell is sentenced to a total of 144 years behind bars after he tries to escape four times.

Scroll down for more...

Touchy-feely: Jim Carrey gets into character as a very camp gay man in new film 'I Love You Phillip Morris' with the help of liberal amounts of fake tan, white jeans and a tight top

Last week actors McGregor and Jim Carrey reportedly visited a gay bar together in preparation for their roles.

The actors were spotted attending 'Martini Tuesday' at Miami's Halo bar.
    A source said: "Jim and Ewan looked like they were having a great time. They were laughing and joking and looked as though they were really trying to get into character."
    Boys club: Carrey is seen during a break in filming with his co-star Rodrigo Santo

Actor Jim Carrey dons white jeans, fake tan, and a tight T-shirt for 'gay' film role | the Daily Mail

Hit By Ban Bus!

they never use gay guys for gay movies.... why is that? Is it OK for mainstream American if it's two men pretending to be gay but not if it's two men who are really gay?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    they never use gay guys for gay movies.... why is that? Is it OK for mainstream American if it's two men pretending to be gay but not if it's two men who are really gay?
    I think that Hollywood is too closeted to use gay men to play the roles of a gay man.

He looks like Cliff Richard.

Hit By Ban Bus!

He is awesome.... gay or not... (I dont think he is gay)...

Sure Ill see the flick, he always makes me laugh

i loved bad santa and this sounds hilarious, even though i'm not usually a fan of jim carrey comedies (except for me, myself and irene). and i'll watch ewan mcgregor in anything.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Jim has a great body. Who knew?

He looks like a gay dude from the 1980s. If he wanted to look really gay, he should've worn a even tighter t-shirt, some ripped jeans, flip-flops, a skull cap and a messenger bag. Nice to know that Hollywood keeps up with gay trends.

Little bit o stereotyping going on there?

That belt cracks me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    He looks like a gay dude from the 1980s. If he wanted to look really gay, he should've worn a even tighter t-shirt, some ripped jeans, flip-flops, a skull cap and a messenger bag. Nice to know that Hollywood keeps up with gay trends.
    Maybe the movie takes place in the 80s?

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Just another example of the hypocrisy of hollywood. Straight actors can get universal acclaim for being so "daring," "brave," and all kinds of other accolades for, gasp, portraying a gay person. Yet openly gay actors never get leading guy roles, and never a romantic role with a woman (and sorry it doesn't count if the actor is in the closet because it's not known).

Well, if they used a gay person to play a gay role, then that wouldn't be acting! It'd be "Oh look...Harvey Fierstein playing a homosexual. How UNIQUE!"

I think it's more fun (and acting!!! ) when the gays take the straight roles. THAT is talent.

FTR: Nooooo I am not gay-bashing or anything else. I just think they pick who can act the best, regardless of sexual orientation. And I also think Jim Carrey is a terrific actor who will probably pull this off without being too camp. At least I hope so.
    Look, sweetheart, I can drink you under any goddamn table you want, so don't worry about me.-"Martha", Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Maybe the movie takes place in the 80s?
    Possible... looks like Russell's escapes and escapades mainly took place in the 80s & early 90's. Supposedly Russell didnt meet Phillip Morris until 1995. And where the hell is Mel? - this centers around Harris county
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    Well, if they used a gay person to play a gay role, then that wouldn't be acting! It'd be "Oh look...Harvey Fierstein playing a homosexual. How UNIQUE!"

I think it's more fun (and acting!!! ) when the gays take the straight roles. THAT is talent.

FTR: Nooooo I am not gay-bashing or anything else. I just think they pick who can act the best, regardless of sexual orientation. And I also think Jim Carrey is a terrific actor who will probably pull this off without being too camp. At least I hope so.
    So, when straight actors are playing straight characters it's not act either, right? Just because a gay actor plays a gay character doesn't mean they're really attracted to their movie partner.

He looks like Peter North. He's not gay, except for pay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information