Thread: Travis Barker: I'm obsessed with my kids

Default Travis Barker: I'm obsessed with my kids

Travis Barker and his ex-wife Shanna Moakler have had a tumultuous past, but that hasn't let Barker loose sight of what's most important to him: his children.

"I have my kids every Friday through Monday, and I don't leave them the whole time I have them," Barker told PEOPLE Thursday at the Remy Martin Spirit Unleashed launch at Smashbox Studios in L.A. "I stay with them the entire, entire time. I don't go out to lunch with a friend and leave them with anybody else. "

Barker and Moakler have two children together Ė Landon, 4, Alabama, 2 Ė and stepdaughter Atiana, 9, Moakler's child with Oscar de la Hoya.

"I'm obsessed with my children. I'm only [at the party] today because I have to stay busy. After work I have to keep my mind off them because I can't be with them."

As for his current relationship with Moakler, he says it goes up and down. "I don't have the best relationship with her but it's a work in progress. I think it will get better if we learn to be friends. We absolutely, absolutely, absolutely love each other. I think it's more that we have different ideas on how to raise children, and that can like break down the walls of love as far as Iím concerned."

Barkerís philosophy for raising children stems from his own childhood struggles. "My mom died when I was 16. I had a rough childhood, you know what I mean, but it made me strong Ö I want a certain thing for my children. I just want to be in their life. I don't want nannies raising my kids."

With Mother's Day around the corner, Barker doesn't let any bad blood change how his family marks the day. "I'm going to take my kids to the cemetery to visit my mother, and we all do something for Shanna. We always make something for her."

As for the future for the on-again, off-again couple Barker isnít optimistic about a reconciliation, "I don't think so. I think that has gone way too far, but I think there's hope to be really, really good friends and parents."

Travis Barker: I'm Obsessed with My Kids - Shanna Moakler, Travis Barker : People.com

Sure, he is.

He's definitly a good guy IMO. Plus, I was totally in love with him when Blink-182 came out. I sure have a major weakness for tatooed guys.
    Live - Laugh - Love

I think he's probably a far better parent than Shanna is.

my friend Angie knows him, and says he's a wonderful person, a great dad. she doesnt know Shanna at all, and says Travis never mentions her, good or bad... another good quality
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Wink

I actually believe Travis on this one - not only am I die-hard Blink fan - but watching their BS reality MTv show, Travis ALWAYS seemed involved... as opposed to his whiney-boitch...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Hit By Ban Bus!

"I'm obsessed with my children.

A lot of people say that, thing is the children grow up and your stuck there with someone your not obsessed with because you put everything into your kids..... which may be the problem with his marriage.

Cool

^ His crap*tastic marriage was never in question, other then - WHY?!?!

But I've always said, you cant make your kids your life... because eventually it boils down to they have to be their own person and live their life.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Thread Information