Thread: 'It's true - we're hypocrites over our huge carbon footprint,' says Trudie Styler

Default 'It's true - we're hypocrites over our huge carbon footprint,' says Trudie Styler

Their claim to be eco-warriors has been met with cynicism in recent times.

Sting, for instance, notched up an incredible number of air miles with his band's world tour.
    And it was revealed that his wife Trudie Styler travels between their seven homes in private jets or their fleet of cars, as well as importing farm produce hundreds of miles.
    Now the celebrity couple have been forced to admit that their record is less than clean.
    Miss Styler, 53, was challenged on the issue when extolling the benefits of organic and locally-grown food.
    Scroll down for more...
    Jet setters: Sting and wife Trudie Styler have been criticised over the amount of travel they make between their seven homes

The interview at the Earls Court Real Food Festival had been going well, until one journalist pointed out that the couple's carbon footprint has been estimated as 30 times greater than the average Briton's.
    Miss Styler tried to shift a little of the blame on to her musician husband, who is 56.
    "When it comes to the carbon footprint, Sting puts his hand up immediately and says 'I'm a musician and I have a huge carbon-footprint",' she said.
    She then asked: "Are we being hypocritical?' before seeming to answer the question herself.
    "He has a 750-person crew to bring around the world and it is a difficult challenge.
    "I would like to think that we both work pretty hard for the rights of indigenous people and for the rights of conservation of the Amazon rainforest, but we do need to get around. It's a difficult one."
    Environmental experts labelled Sting's band, The Police, the dirtiest in the world because of the amount of pollution created during last year's reunion tour of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Sweden, Germany, the UK, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, China and Japan.
    Miss Styler failed to mention in Thursday's interview that she and their family joined him on much of it.
    She also forgot to add that a cavalcade of horseboxes has been known to travel between their Wiltshire pile, The Lake House, and their Tuscan estate twice a year when the family decamps for the summer.
    Scroll down for more...
    The not so simple life: One of the couple's many houses

Or indeed, the fact that the organic food she grows on the Italian-estate has to be transported to London for sale in Selfridges.
    She was also accused in a recent tribunal of forcing her chef to travel 100 miles to prepare a bowl of pasta.
    However, Miss Styler clearly feels she is doing her bit for the planet - and managed to offer some advice on the subject, too.
    She said: "I think within the next year we have a period of huge responsibility for this country to keep GM at bay. "We spend a lot of time in America and you often don't know when you are eating GM food. I say keep GM out of Britain."

'It's true - we're hypocrites over our huge carbon footprint,' confesses Sting's wife | the Daily Mail

Surprise surprise.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

If she really did, make her chef fly 100 miles over a stupid bowl of pasta, I'll lose all respect for her in regards to this issue. Her and Sting sound like they're full of bs.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    If she really did, make her chef fly 100 miles over a stupid bowl of pasta, I'll lose all respect for her in regards to this issue. Her and Sting sound like they're full of bs.
    I dunno if she made her fly, but yes, she made her travel while pregnant and then sacked her because her maternity leave was "inconvenient" for her. I really wonder which of these arseholes feeds the other.... I like Stings music but refuse to buy it because of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    She said: "I think within the next year we have a period of huge responsibility for this country to keep GM at bay. "We spend a lot of time in America and you often don't know when you are eating GM food. I say keep GM out of Britain."

'It's true - we're hypocrites over our huge carbon footprint,' confesses Sting's wife | the Daily Mail
    But Trudie that's because you're a selfish cunt that doesn't have to live on 45/week; or indeed live in a 3rd world country that is growing food for cash to support it's economy of buying weapons to kill it's own population.

I also would like to know why more Musicians insist on traveling with their sound equipment when maybe the majority of the time it would be viable to hire the equipment locally and might even be a cheaper option (obviously I'm talking sound & lighting rigs not the individual guitars, etc)
    Free Charmed.

Default "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a hypocrite"

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    They're full of hot air; possibly greenhouse gases. Trudi's forgetting the whole point of environmental activism though: it's not about taking responsibility for your own way of life, it's about blaming others for theirs!

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    Last edited by AgentOrange; April 26th, 2008 at 11:20 AM.

Their house and gardens are beautiful

Do as I say, not as I do ... eh, Trudie?

A*O

They are both full of shit but I still think he's Da Bomb musically and otherwise...
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Default A Little Bit Special?

You're forgetting that they are celebrities, and the rules don't apply to them. Except with the IRS - they don't give a shit who you are.

Perhaps she's hoping to get some creditability be owning up to something everyone already knows??Those celebs are a sneaky bunch.

Thread Information