Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madonna complains about social workers visiting her home during adoption

Default Madonna complains about social workers visiting her home during adoption

Madonna was interviewed by Anne Curry in a segment that aired on the Today Show this morning, and I tried to view it with an open mind since Madonna normally bugs the hell out of me. I came away from it thinking she’s the same stuck up narcissist she’s always been, but at least she’s doing something good in the world.
    Madonna was promoting her documentary “I Am Because We Are,” which is about her “Raising Malawai” organization and includes footage about how she adopted baby David Banda in October, 2006. There was a lot of controversy over the adoption, because Madonna flouted Malawain law, which requires adoptive parents to spent a year in the country before they’re allowed to take a child home.
    Madonna got a little indignant when she was talking about social workers visiting her home, and she clearly thought all the procedures and questions went overboard. I have no experience with this and she may have a point. Considering how she kind of broke the law to adopt David maybe she shouldn’t talk about the process to the press as if it’s so annoying to her. Here’s a transcript of most of the interview that I typed up in case you can’t watch the video below:
    On starting “Raising Malawai”
    “Having children and having a family forces you to think about people besides yourself…
    “I got to a point where I thought ‘I have so much and it’s a great tragedy if I don’t use what I have to make the world a better place’… I know that sounds… like a cliche or whatever, but it’s the truth.”
    On people being suspicious of her motives
    “I appreciate and I understand how people people can be cynical… We live in a society where people are naturally suspicious of acts of altruism or generosity.”
    Anne Curry: “Or maybe they might be suspicious, because they might think ‘Madonna changes all the time. Is a fad or trend?’”
    [Madonna’s voice sounds a little nervous]: “My reinventions are part of my evolution, and my growth as a person. There are aspects of it that are frivolous and there are aspects of it that are real.”
    On the difficult of adopting David
    “I don’t think anyone who understands how complicated it is to adopt a child could say that someone chose to do that as a fad, it’s just too difficult… It’s too traumatic.”
    On social workers bothering her
    Ann Curry: “It’s been hard then to adopt David.”
    “We have not even been granted the full adoption. It’s supposed to be happening in the next month. For the last 18 months I’ve been a foster parent. I’ve been visited every 6 weeks by social workers who come into the house and make sure that you’re being a good parent and that David’s health is thriving, and ask you all kinds of invasive questions. You have to put up with it and endure it, and I’ve been finger printed about 20 times, undergone psychological evaluations.
    “I think everybody who goes through adoptions has to do this so I’m not alone, but you know I’d do it again.”
    Anne Curry: “Why?”
    “Because David is amazing. Because he’s brought so much joy to our lives. Well I love him. It was worth it. I think most people will suffer for the things they love.”
    On her fame and spiritual quest
    Anne Curry: “At this point in your life, there’s some part of you that’s softening. Something that’s looking for wisdom, usefulness.”
    “Well thank God I’m searching for wisdom and usefulness. One hopes that one gets to that point in their lives sooner or later.”
    Anne Curry: “Do you ever wish that you could just be anonymous?”
    “No. I have moments of it, but I don’t want to wish I’m not me. I don’t wish I was someone else.”
    Anne Curry: “What is is that you want to feel about your life?”
    “That my soul reached its true potential and that I did everything that I was put on this earth to do.”
    Anne Curry: “Which is?”
    “Well who knows, we’re about to find out.”

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Madonna complains about social workers visiting her home during adoption
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

STFU

Did she think they'd go easy on her because she's Vadge?

Not as annoying as expected....

“Having children and having a family forces you to think about people besides yourself…

Really? When were you planning to actually apply that bit of wisdom ... how old are your kids now?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Can't stand her. Fug and stuff.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post

Really? When were you planning to actually apply that bit of wisdom ... how old are your kids now?
    I am always putting people before myself and I don't have children...

Perhaps they're worried she'll get into her old tricks again
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd6vTJePVuY[/YOUTUBE]
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Silver Member

It amazed me how Angelina get her adopted kids so fast. I guess celebrities have more advantages than normal citizens.

Her adoption from Malawi is just so messed up - they don't have an official adoption procedure, do they?

I really think it should have been finalized by now. It must be disruptive to their lives, especially not knowing when they are officially going to adopt David.
    ssabmud

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Life View Post
    It amazed me how Angelina get her adopted kids so fast. I guess celebrities have more advantages than normal citizens.
    It's called "greasing the wheels".

Oh, and Madonna?

STFU

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    Her adoption from Malawi is just so messed up - they don't have an official adoption procedure, do they?

I really think it should have been finalized by now. It must be disruptive to their lives, especially not knowing when they are officially going to adopt David.
    They do have an adoption procedure which includes the adoptive parents living in Malawi for a year so that they can be visited frequently. They actually bent the rules for Madge ... she plucked the kid up and left the country straight away ... so maybe she should just shut the fuck up and be grateful. Home visits when adopting are not unusual.

If you didn't want "Invasive questions" then why did you adopt? It's not like buying a doll from a toy shop

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    If you didn't want "Invasive questions" then why did you adopt? It's not like buying a doll from a toy shop
    yep I guess b/c she's Madge she's above such things

Gold Member

OK, he's a KID--not an accessory!!! BITCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    "I’ve been visited every 6 weeks by social workers who come into the house and make sure that you’re being a good parent and that David’s health is thriving, and ask you all kinds of invasive questions."
    How dare they? Really, who do they think they are caring about the child's health and welfare, when it's slightly inconvenient to Madge? They should be ashamed of themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information