Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt and Sean Penn battling on set?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Brad Pitt and Sean Penn battling on set?

Apr 23
    '08
    Brad Pitt & Sean Penn battling on set

Brad Pitt is one of those celebs that seems to get along with just about everyone. Well, except for Jennifer Aniston and her friends. But you don’t hear a lot of stories about him indulging in diva-like behavior. In fact most of the things you hear are all about what a nice, amiable guy Brad is. But apparently Sean Penn would disagree. The two have been working together on the film Tree of Life, and are said to be doing their best to ignore each other.
    Tensions are running high on the set of Tree of Life. Brad Pitt, who took over Heath Ledger’s role in the adventure film after Heath’s death, is butting heads with co-star Sean Penn, 47. “They’re far from friends,” says an insider close to Brad, 44. “Sean is a bossy kind of guy, and that’s just not Brad’s style. He’s mellower. So spending time together has been a big challenge.”
    Thankfully, they don’t have many scenes with each other. “A big theme in the movie is man alone in nature,” notes the insider. “It’s not really a buddy film, and that’s probably for the best.” Their personality clash isn’t the only issue. “Sean is friends with Jennifer Aniston,” says the insider. “Her short film in 2006, Room 10, starred Sean’s wife, Robin Wright Penn. They attended the premiere, cheering Jen on.”
    So don’t look for the Hollywood heavyweights to be making too many personal appearances together when Tree of Life hits theaters next year. “Brad hasn’t gone out of his way to praise Sean since filming started,” says the insider, “and that speaks volumes.”
    [From Life and Style, print issue, April 28, 2008]
    I really have a hard time imagining someone not getting along with Brad Pitt. He’s just so… Brad Pitt. I guess his Mr. Perfect routine could get a little old. Sean Penn has always come across as rather grumpy to me. And the grumpy sort are easily irritated by the cheerful sort. I would really hope the Jennifer Aniston factor doesn’t actually play in. It’s ridiculous that so many of their friends have felt they need to pick sides (at least according to the tabloids). That whole debacle happened ages ago, in Hollywood-time. Hopefully the guys can still act like professionals and get over whatever issues they have.

Cele l bitchy

I'm not sure why it's necessary for Brad to go out of his way to praise Sean, but whatever.

I'm not sure why Sean being friends with Aniston would affect him making a movie with Bradleeeey but ok.

Sean probably thinks Brad is a fluff head. I do.

I don't like Sean Penn but the guy can act. I'm thinking his objections are to sucky acting and not Bradley himself.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Brad is not that bad. I'm sure Sean admired him in Fight Club, he rocked in that movie. They seem more alike than not politically, so it must have something to do with Aniston, which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I'm not sure why Sean being friends with Aniston would affect him making a movie with Bradleeeey but ok.
    Yep.

Nothing more than two past their prime actors acting like divas in an attempt to seem somewhat relevant to the populace. I find them both to be empty headed ideologs.

Maybe Sean is pissed because Brad was unhappy in his marriage, met Angelina and left Jenn. Sean was unhappy, cheated, got kicked out and realized there was no one else out there that wanted him so he begged his wife to take him back.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Pitt is a way better actor than Fast Times at Ridgemont High Sean "I know it all" Penn who just cheated on his wife...and left her and their kids.

Pitt is a low key guy but he didn't get along with Harrison "do you know who I am" Ford either.

It has nothing to do with Jennifer Aniston, it has to do with Penn peeing on trees and who has the bigger peepee.

Elite Member

I get the impression that they're just bringing up the poor Jen angle because it's more selling than Sean Penn being a grumpy old bastard, as usual. They attended the premiere of Jennifer Aniston's sshort film to cheer her on, and not because Robin Wright Penn was in the movie? Please.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Slow news day in Hollywood!

I don't think it has anything to do with Jennifer Aniston at all but once again what better way to sell a story but to keep their names together. If the stories are true that he left two movies in a bind b/c he dropped out then I would certainly call him a diva. Otherwise I think these are two pretty good actors who just don't get along.... it happens.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Gold Member

What a downgrade in casting - Heath Ledger to Brad Shitt

Sean Penn will act circles around that hack in that film.

^^ I am most definately not a Brad Pitt fan but I think he is a pretty good actor but to each his/her own opinion
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    What a downgrade in casting - Heath Ledger to Brad Shitt

Sean Penn will act circles around that hack in that film.
    last time he did a good job of acting he was playing a retard.. maybe he wasn't acting.
    since you don't know me - I'm just being snarky and kidding with you. I do like Brad Pitt but it doesn't bother me when others don't. I haven't liked Sean Penn since Dead Men Walking. Maybe if his nose wasn't so big his mouth wouldn't look so small.

Brad got the looks but not the talent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information