Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mariah Carey says Leona Lewis sounds nothing like her (meow!)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Mariah Carey says Leona Lewis sounds nothing like her (meow!)

Let the Mariah Carey, Leona Lewis feud begin

Mariah Carey says fellow pop star Leona Lewis doesn't sound like her, sparking a potential feud between the two singers.
    The chart-topping singer insists she "didn't really hear any similarity" between Leona's music and her own, and claims there will never be a "new" Mariah.
    She said: "Honestly, there has been so many, 'This is the new her,' and I'm like, 'Okay, show me the new her. Can she come and work for me and be my double?'
    "And I'm not particular talking about this girl Leona, because I only heard her once and I didn't really hear a true similarity, particularly in the style of music.
    "It is what it is and critics have compared me to so many people who are not really singers, and they're certainly not writers."
    Mariah says if she spent her time worrying about her chart rivals it would depress her.
    She added to the Observer Music Monthly magazine: "If I was to focus on the comparisons and really dwell on that, it would bring me down so I just try to pray that I lose the sprit of jealousy, it's not a good one - envy is a really powerful thing."
    Leona's debut LP Spirit hit the number one spot in America last week.

Source: Let the Mariah Carey, Leona Lewis feud begin - New Zealand's source for entertainment news, gossip & music, movie & book reviews on Stuff.co.nz

Bit bitchy... but I suppose love her or hate her she's got the numbers to back herself up.
    vaya con dios

I have to agree with Mariah - I don't hear a similarity between them, either.

I kinda have a soft spot for Mariah, in that she's such a ridiculous, over-the-top personality. I don't love all her music, but she's an undeniable talent.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

i dont see the diffrence either except a somewhat similar look..mariah has no reason to be jealous.

leona seems more beautiful, in a victoria secret model kindof way but so what,
    i dont like her song i think shes only getting press bc she's hot
    theadventuresofmee.blogspot.com my beauty blog

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Mariah didn't really say anything that would start a feud, since she didn't trash Leona Lewis at all.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Mimi acts the diva at times and she doesn't like hearing someone sounds like her.
    Anytimes someone has a descent voice they get compared to Whitney or Mariah.
    I heard Leona on American Idol tonight and I liked her voice. I like how she looks too, she has some meat on her bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I have to agree with Mariah - I don't hear a similarity between them, either.

I kinda have a soft spot for Mariah, in that she's such a ridiculous, over-the-top personality. I don't love all her music, but she's an undeniable talent.
    Agreed. I like Leona but Mariah really didn't say anything bad there. They both have great voices but they don't particularly sound alike.

I don't think that they sound much alike but I'm not a very good judge because this isn't the kind of stuff I listen too. I'm more of a Tool or Nine Inch Nails fan.

I don't see anything catty,shockingly. They have good voices and on certain notes they are similar sounding, but it happens.

Let's see if Leona has staying power, then compare her to Mariah. Batshit or not, Mariah has talent.

They sound nothing alike.
    Both have great vioces though.

I agree and I dont think Mariah was being bitchy- they are nothing alike except that they are both biracial and can both sing. Although I think Leona Lewis is marketed the next Mariah by her record company- I dont like her songs and actually preferred the demos that she had before the whole X-Factor thing.

Gold Member

Leona is so bland - both her personality and her music. She won't have any longevity if her material is as sub-par as the tracks on her debut album.

Leona's voice doesn't hold a candle to early Mariah. She's probably a better singer than Mimi now (that she has lost her voice), but I don't get the comparison. They don't sound or even look alike, imo. Mariah looks more white while Leona looks black.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    Leona is so bland - both her personality and her music. She won't have any longevity if her material is as sub-par as the tracks on her debut album.

Leona's voice doesn't hold a candle to early Mariah. She's probably a better singer than Mimi now (that she has lost her voice), but I don't get the comparison. They don't sound or even look alike, imo. Mariah looks more white while Leona looks black.
    Exact! Saw Leona on American Idol last night and was BORED to TEARS! What does Simon Cowell see in this worse-than-karaoke performance? He only finds her beautiful and Clive Davis is desperate to sign another Whitney before he dies. Dudes, put your dicks away and listen with your ears!

I love Leona's voice. Mariah is a legend. Blah, blah, blah...
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I think Mariah is right, Leona sounds really different from her. Leona actually sound good.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information