Thread: Richie Sambora cops DUI plea

Default Richie Sambora cops DUI plea

Sambora Cops DUI Plea

Posted Apr 22nd 2008 5:03PM by TMZ Staff
    TMZ has learned Richie Sambora just plea bargained his DUI case. He pled no contest to driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 or higher. The driving under the influence charge was dismissed. And, prosecutors did NOT file child endangerment charges.

Sambora was popped for DUI last month. His 10-year-old daughter Ava was in the car at the time. We're told Sambora had a .13 blood alcohol level. Although the brass at the Laguna Beach Police Dept. recommended that prosecutors file child endangerment charges, we're told the rank and file cops felt the evidence didn't support the charge. Prosecutors agreed.

It's an interesting behind-the-scenes plea. Sambora got one of the most effective criminal defense lawyers in America on his side -- Blair Berk, who has repped scores of celebs, from Mel Gibson to Lindsay Lohan. The stars aligned in his favor, because prosecutor Dennis Conway is considered pretty fair and therefore didn't file child endangerment to get some PR. And Judge Craig Robison didn't do the whole "I'm so frickin' tough with celebrities" act.

Sambora will pay a $390 fine plus penalties -- total damage is around $1,600. He'll be placed on three years informal probation and must attend an alcohol education course. He cannot drink or do drugs during his probation.

Sambora Cops DUI Plea - TMZ.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

That is bullshit. If you have a .13..then you ARE driving under the influence. I can understand giving him the lowest possible sentence, but it should still be the lowest possible sentence FOR DRUNK DRIVING. Christ. How they could just dismiss the driving under the influence charge is beyond me.

*Fuck now I have to withdraw my 'welcome to the club' thing. Fucker. I hope he violates his probation and goes to jail now!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

No one was hurt, this is a famous person so no harm no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    No one was hurt, this is a famous person so no harm no foul.
    Fuck that shit. He still should have gotten a DUI. Do not care if he is famous or not. Although I am sure his attorney cost him an arm and a leg so I am getting satisfaction out of that. I guess if he is a famous person, then he could take potshots at passing cars with a rifle while driving drunk as well..as long as he does not actually hit anyone..cause nobody was hurt and he is 'Fanous' ...huh?

Still hoping for a probation violation though. Him completely NOT getting a DUI on his record when he clearly WAS guilty of a DUI just bothers me. *ok so I am jealous that I could not pull that shit for my own..ok? I admit it! *
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Thumbs down Richie Sambora not charged with DUI or child endangerment

Sambora Cops DUI Plea

Posted Apr 22nd 2008 5:03PM by TMZ Staff
    TMZ has learned Richie Sambora just plea bargained his DUI case. He pled no contest to driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 or higher. The driving under the influence charge was dismissed. And, prosecutors did NOT file child endangerment charges.

Sambora was popped for DUI last month. His 10-year-old daughter Ava was in the car at the time. We're told Sambora had a .13 blood alcohol level. Although the brass at the Laguna Beach Police Dept. recommended that prosecutors file child endangerment charges, we're told the rank and file cops felt the evidence didn't support the charge. Prosecutors agreed.

It's an interesting behind-the-scenes plea. Sambora got one of the most effective criminal defense lawyers in America on his side -- Blair Berk, who has repped scores of celebs, from Mel Gibson to Lindsay Lohan. The stars aligned in his favor, because prosecutor Dennis Conway is considered pretty fair and therefore didn't file child endangerment to get some PR. And Judge Craig Robison didn't do the whole "I'm so frickin' tough with celebrities" act.

Sambora will pay a $390 fine plus penalties -- total damage is around $1,600. He'll be placed on three years informal probation and must attend an alcohol education course. He cannot drink or do drugs during his probation.

TMZ.com
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

On ET they said he was charged with DUI and not child endangering.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Whoa! No drinking or drugging for 3 years whilst on probation!!!!

lol. Good luck, Ritchie!!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I saw the title and I thought "why not"
    In Texas it's like automatically a worse crime getting a DUI with a minor in the vehicle. Ugh; this is such bullshit.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Thread Information